A New Product that Blocks TURF Heat to the Feet

Does foil actually work? I hate having my kids play on turf, my youngers gets headache each time we play on a turf field , and hes indestructible most of the time

FYI - Yes and No,
Foil can be used to block Direct heat radiation , Foil has no Insulation properties, in fact it accelerates conduction, Foil conducts heat when in contact with another material. This is the reason it is used in baking. Foil needs to be used in conjunction with airspace to block radiation heat. It is not a insulator
So when the bottom of the cleat heats up, the foil will actually conduct heat towards the insole and towards foot.

Does foil actually work? I hate having my kids play on turf, my youngers gets headache each time we play on a turf field , and hes indestructible most of the time

Wear socks (of course) and a thin insole (like Dr Scholl's products) helps more.

My understanding is that foil helps protect against radiated heat, it isn't really in insulator itself.

The soccer field is conducted heat. The insole would need to be an insulator.

From the OP product announcement -- "Using heat reflective and temperature regulating technology, Blusol eliminates heat that is normally transferred from the the turf"

How do you suppose they do that?

OP just joined today..to start peddling his wares.:eek:
And yes the foil does work. Just don't expect some marvelous reduction in heat. The foil wears out fairly quick too..and you end up with as much foil crumb as you do turf crumb. But my kid said there was a slight difference. I guess something is better than nothing.
I just took an insole out from the shoe..traced it over the foil..cut it out and slid it into the boot carefully..shiny side down.. and put the insole back on top. Cost me a about .03 and a very labor-intensive 5mins of work!! :D

From the OP product announcement -- "Using heat reflective and temperature regulating technology, Blusol eliminates heat that is normally transferred from the the turf"

How do you suppose they do that?

it is a insulator product not a reflective product. That was a misprint by the marketing company, Thanks for pointing it out I will let them know. It is a friends company and I know it works, both of my girls have been using since last summer.

it is a insulator product not a reflective product. That was a misprint by the marketing company, Thanks for pointing it out I will let them know. It is a friends company and I know it works, both of my girls have been using since last summer.

What then makes it better than a thicker sock or a removable insole cushion?

OP just joined today..to start peddling his wares.:eek:
And yes the foil does work. Just don't expect some marvelous reduction in heat. The foil wears out fairly quick too..and you end up with as much foil crumb as you do turf crumb. But my kid said there was a slight difference. I guess something is better than nothing.
I just took an insole out from the shoe..traced it over the foil..cut it out and slid it into the boot carefully..shiny side down.. and put the insole back on top. Cost me a about .03 and a very labor-intensive 5mins of work!! :D

I joined around 5 years ago when my oldest started playing but lost my account info.
To be transparent, My friend started this company and my girls having been using it since last summer. I know it works first hand. Don't hate for trying to help a friend and pass on something that actually works.

What then makes it better than a thicker sock or a removable insole cushion?
To answer your question, It is a patent pending blend of materials that are designed to absorb heat and block it from transferring to the insole. It is cut to fit and very thin so it will not change the overall feel of the cleat stock insole.

I joined around 5 years ago when my oldest started playing but lost my account info.
To be transparent, My friend started this company and my girls having been using it since last summer. I know it works first hand. Don't hate for trying to help a friend and pass on something that actually works.

Not hating at all. Just stating how the outward appearance..well..appears. If it's been working so well since last summer why did you wait so long to pass it on to others? (Real question..not trying to be an ass) Depending on price I might've considered a pair when you consider $40 for a pair of Trusox seems a bit crazy for ONE PAIR of socks. :eek:

And the reason they wrap orbiting satellites in aluminum foil is ....?
To block radiation
And the reason they wrap orbiting satellites in aluminum foil is ....?
Correct solar radiation and particles of dust that are hard on electronics, Space is cold, Most satellites have to use internal heaters to stay warm. Turf is creating the heat which in turn heats the cleat through Conduction. The bottom of your foot is not getting hot from direct sunlight.

Not hating at all. Just stating how the outward appearance..well..appears. If it's been working so well since last summer why did you wait so long to pass it on to others? (Real question..not trying to be an ass) Depending on price I might've considered a pair when you consider $40 for a pair of Trusox seems a bit crazy for ONE PAIR of socks. :eek:
I think the price point for these will be around $20, why did they wait?? Patents and raising enough capital to bring to market. It's not easy or cheap to achieve.

To block radiation

Correct solar radiation and particles of dust that are hard on electronics, Space is cold, Most satellites have to use internal heaters to stay warm. Turf is creating the heat which in turn heats the cleat through Conduction. The bottom of your foot is not getting hot from direct sunlight.

I only worked on a couple of space-based products. We were more concerned with radiating heat away than with keeping things warm. "Space is cold" is misleading if you are within a hundred million miles or so of the sun (such as Earth orbit).

Back