A New Journalism Low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every journalist should just start having a "D" or "R" next to their name or byline. Impossible to get reliable and objective info. I know I'm not writing anything you don't already know, but I found this Daily Beast article to epitomize our depressing media situation:

Headline: A Summer Camp Took Almost Every Precaution. The Majority of Kids Still Got Covid-19.

Third Paragraph:

The camp, however, didn’t require campers to wear masks, only the staff, or open windows and doors for increased ventilation, per CDC guidelines. And it allowed attendees to engage in outdoor and indoor activities—like singing and cheering—that also contributed to the high transmission rate, the report stated.

I'm not giving the link because this writer shouldn't benefit from such trash. Clearly a hit piece against schools reopening.

Every journalist should just start having a "D" or "R" next to their name or byline. Impossible to get reliable and objective info. I know I'm not writing anything you don't already know, but I found this Daily Beast article to epitomize our depressing media situation:

Headline: A Summer Camp Took Almost Every Precaution. The Majority of Kids Still Got Covid-19.

Third Paragraph:

The camp, however, didn’t require campers to wear masks, only the staff, or open windows and doors for increased ventilation, per CDC guidelines. And it allowed attendees to engage in outdoor and indoor activities—like singing and cheering—that also contributed to the high transmission rate, the report stated.

I'm not giving the link because this writer shouldn't benefit from such trash. Clearly a hit piece against schools reopening.

The Daily Turd itself is a 100% liberal site. Every journalist there wears a "D" for on their sweater.

Third Paragraph:

The complaint I assume is the article says the camp did not follow the procedures such as mask. But the headline says the summer camp took every precaution. Just FYI, writers don't usually get to pick their headlines. The editor does to try to get clickbait.

The headline actually says "almost every precaution".

Third Paragraph:

The only thing political about a virus that has killed more than 150,000 people are the people who believe there are politics involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back