A good article about Coaches and Parents here in America

Found this article...I wonder if USSF spends $68mm per year on our youth development...

Between 2001 and 2011 professional teams in Germany spent ~$681 million on the development of youth soccer, according to the Bundesliga report. At the same time, the German Football Association - the body that controls the national team itself - started its own $13-million per year youth initiative. According to the New York Times, there are now 366 German FA-operated youth centers in the country, which serve 25,000 kids.

The big difference there is that the German pro clubs are the ones spending the majority of that money. Not the German federation.
Why would Bayern, Schalke, etc invest that kind of money in youth soccer?
Because they make that money back in solidarity payments and training compensation.

It is what it is pretty much. I will say that The USWNT could not fill up a college football stadium (in a friendly) and they are basically the most dominant, female international team with back to back WC wins. College football not only fills the stadium up, but could probably keep filling if there were more seats. American Football programs in high school and above help fund and pay for other school extra curriculars from what I hear. American Football is popular and people pay to see it. Have you seen the stands in college soccer for the men and the women? Very light! Money talks and someone has to come up with it. Not it! I have my own daughter's training to pay for. Again, it comes down to math and economics.

It is what it is pretty much. I will say that The USWNT could not fill up a college football stadium (in a friendly) and they are basically the most dominant, female international team with back to back WC wins. College football not only fills the stadium up, but could probably keep filling if there were more seats. American Football programs in high school and above help fund and pay for other school extra curriculars from what I hear. American Football is popular and people pay to see it. Have you seen the stands in college soccer for the men and the women? Very light! Money talks and someone has to come up with it. Not it! I have my own daughter's training to pay for. Again, it comes down to math and economics.

It really depends on the football program. There's only a handful of college program (top to bottom) that come out in the black at the end of the season. Schools with dominant football programs do get a ton of money but so do the ones with good hoop programs. There's a reason why there are headcount teams and # of scholarship teams. For the most part, the head count teams generate the most money in college sports. I mean think about it...

Basketball: 5 plays at a time-15 head count scholarships
Football: 11 play at a time- 54 head count scholarships
Volleyball: 6 play-12 scholarships
Baseball: 9 play 11.7 scholarships
Soccer: 11 play, 14 scholarships

It's pretty simple..basketball and football are king of college sports and volleyball, gymnastics, and tennis round out the bunch so that title IX is compliant. There are some schools that pack the soccer stands for both women and mens teams. Stanford, Santa Clara, UNC, Virginia are some of the schools that I've seen where they have a great college environment. But not all programs are equal lol

It really depends on the football program. There's only a handful of college program (top to bottom) that come out in the black at the end of the season. Schools with dominant football programs do get a ton of money but so do the ones with good hoop programs. There's a reason why there are headcount teams and # of scholarship teams. For the most part, the head count teams generate the most money in college sports. I mean think about it...

Basketball: 5 plays at a time-15 head count scholarships
Football: 11 play at a time- 54 head count scholarships
Volleyball: 6 play-12 scholarships
Baseball: 9 play 11.7 scholarships
Soccer: 11 play, 14 scholarships

It's pretty simple..basketball and football are king of college sports and volleyball, gymnastics, and tennis round out the bunch so that title IX is compliant. There are some schools that pack the soccer stands for both women and mens teams. Stanford, Santa Clara, UNC, Virginia are some of the schools that I've seen where they have a great college environment. But not all programs are equal lol
Where did you get these numbers? Top football programs, of which there are 120, have 85 full scholarships. The next 125 schools have 63. Division II has 36.

Men's DI soccer has only 9.9 total scholarships (that are usually spread out). Even Lacrosse has more. The 14 are only for women.

See: http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html

Where did you get these numbers? Top football programs, of which there are 120, have 85 full scholarships. The next 125 schools have 63. Division II has 36.

Men's DI soccer has only 9.9 total scholarships (that are usually spread out). Even Lacrosse has more. The 14 are only for women.

See: http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html

The numbers are off but that's not the point...the point was the economics and the state of college soccer with regards to scholarship and numbers. A lot of D1 schools don't carry 15 basketball players on a roster and don't use the full 15 where as with women's soccer, the 14 (in my opinion) is way too low with how many are actually on a roster.

Cruyff was unlike most. He was the best.

"Johan Cruyff, the Dutch forward widely regarded as one of the greatest soccer players in history, once said, "I trained about 3-4 hours a week at Ajax when I was little. But I played 3-4 hours every da

Back