2022 Olympics

The NBC curling expert, Kevin Martin, is one of the best sports analysts I have ever seen at an Olympics event.

First question to equipment manager when coming off the ice --

Figure skater -- Where's my fur coat?

Speed skater -- Where's the Gatorade?

Hockey player -- Where're my dentures?

Curler -- Where's the beer?

I saw a question on Facebook wondering why USA has never won an Olympics medal in any of the biathlon races despite our national obsession with Guns! My theory is that the Guns! population in the USA has a very small intersection with the cross-country skiing population.

I saw a question on Facebook wondering why USA has never won an Olympics medal in any of the biathlon races despite our national obsession with Guns! My theory is that the Guns! population in the USA has a very small intersection with the cross-country skiing population.
You clearly have not spent much time in northern Michigan, Wisconsin, or Minnesota. Hunting and XC are both very popular up there.

Think of it as the southern limits of Greater Canada.

You clearly have not spent much time in northern Michigan, Wisconsin, or Minnesota. Hunting and XC are both very popular up there.

Think of it as the southern limits of Greater Canada.

I lived 8 years in Derby, VT, just a good cross-country run from Canada. I was the best shooter in our NRA Marksmanship class, but I was not a fast runner on skis

The issue is not shooting or skiing, it's shooting AND skiing.

Last edited:
Sports I will stop to watch -- biathlon, speed skating (both kinds), curling, ski and snowboard cross (reminds me of how our gang skied in high school, except that we were slower and fell more), halfpipe.

Back