2021 Women's D1 Soccer Talk - NEW THREAD!!!!!

We have long family ties to LMU. And, know individuals who work their. When they fired MM it was sad and unexpected. But, now that JB could be gone!?
sounds like it's more than losses that could be responsible for her exit. With all the talent in SO CAL, Loyola has no business going 0-12. Perhaps losing to Pacific 2x got her axed!

Asking for a friend... literally asking for a friend because I have not a clue on this subject
--- Question: When a player red-shirts, is it for the whole academic year or just Fall conference games? TIA.

Asking for a friend... literally asking for a friend because I have not a clue on this subject
--- Question: When a player red-shirts, is it for the whole academic year or just Fall conference games? TIA.

For a medical redshirt, there is a sliding scale that measures how many games a player was on the field and how late it was in the season (it was "less than 30% of games all in the first half of the season" at one time, but that might have changed what with current health crisis). For a voluntary redshirt, any playing time in a regular NCAA game commits that whole season. Exhibition games, usually played before serious play starts, don't count, and Spring games are treated similarly. They also recently invented an Academic redshirt where a player can get an extra year of eligibility (and scholarship if the school has the money) by dropping off the team to get grades up to NCAA standards, I didn't know if ghat uses up one of the 5 years, or whether it adds another.

I know of an older former player (played maybe in the '90s) who got 2 medical redshirt years playing goalkeeper. When he played he was the primary keeper, so he holds many school goalkeeper records (most games, most saves, things like that). The records are mentioned in his coaching bio, but not the 6 years.

It is for NCAA Fall Season. Spring does not count (with the exception of the 2020 season being delayed to 2021 Spring)

It is for NCAA Fall Season. Spring does not count (with the exception of the 2020 season being delayed to 2021 Spring)

Even Spring 2021 doesn't count. Last season was a free year for everyone. Players have 4 years to play over a 5 year period plus last year whether they played or not.

Even Spring 2021 doesn't count. Last season was a free year for everyone. Players have 4 years to play over a 5 year period plus last year whether they played or not.

Traditionally, a student-athlete has 5 years to play 4 years of their sport. An extra year means a current college student-athlete would have 6 years to play their 4 years.

Soccer yes but not all sports and all divisions

1199177930374389.tuIPOLM2xIsOm7fddBmH_height640.png

Traditionally, a student-athlete has 5 years to play 4 years of their sport. An extra year means a current college student-athlete would have 6 years to play their 4 years.

Soccer yes but not all sports and all divisions

1199177930374389.tuIPOLM2xIsOm7fddBmH_height640.png
NCAA has no control over what NAIA or NJCAA does.

Stick a knife in Gonzaga they are out.

BYU, Pepperdine, Santa Clara and SMC are only teams left in the race. SMC needs to winn all games. Possible but unlikely. Santa Clara must win all games. Ties to BYU are Pepp ans they are out.

BYU and Pepperdine just need to win tie SC and the tie each other ans they are in.

SC and BYU share the WCC Title, in part due to double OT heartbreaker in Provo. Pepp still gets a 4 seed in the tourney (as well as BYU). UCI also gets an AQ bid! We will see UCLA, Pepp USC, UCI from Socal in the tournament...Good luck to those SoCal teams!! Santa Clara and Stanford get a rematch, and New Mexico has their hands full with BYU!

Only two pac12 teams remain! Wazzu and SC! Perennial favorites UNC and Stanford out in the first round too! Anything can happen!

BYU is my dark horse for the college cup. They just put up so many shots (41 today!)

Back