2021 Surf Cup

The Buzz at the fields is that MVLA looks really, REALLY good. Maybe the favorite to repeat.

Not sure what happened with the Blues. Maybe all the roster turnover is catching up with them? Or more likely just aberration and they’ll be back to kicking butt in no time. Time will tell…

The Buzz at the fields is that MVLA looks really, REALLY good. Maybe the favorite to repeat.

Not sure what happened with the Blues. Maybe all the roster turnover is catching up with them? Or more likely just aberration and they’ll be back to kicking butt in no time. Time will tell…

The ball just didn’t bounce our kids way this tournament. Our kids dominated possession and shots on goal but just couldn’t convert.

No excuses for the L or the Tie and congratulations to Real and Tophat but if that’s considered bad games, I’ll take it.

we win together and lose together, Good luck to everyone else still in it.

The ball just didn’t bounce our kids way this tournament. Our kids dominated possession and shots on goal but just couldn’t convert.

No excuses for the L or the Tie and congratulations to Real and Tophat but if that’s considered bad games, I’ll take it.

we win together and lose together, Good luck to everyone else still in it.

sources are saying you guys didn’t win possession, couldn’t connect passes. Lost 50/50 battle. Made terrible mental mistakes on defense. May have had more shots at goal but not coming ready to play mentally is on the parents and coach given the age group. Blues were not ready to play this weekend.

sources are saying you guys didn’t win possession, couldn’t connect passes. Lost 50/50 battle. Made terrible mental mistakes on defense. May have had more shots at goal but not coming ready to play mentally is on the parents and coach given the age group. Blues were not ready to play this weekend.
Well, I heard from you know who and he said Blues dominated possession, make excellent passes and fought for every ball. I'm waiting on the stats with possession from my pal. He said they couldn't find the back of the net. It happens in soccer. When my dd played at Blues in the old days one club parked the bus so tight it was 0-0 after regulation. We lost in PKs and that was the only way to beat us back then. I'm also here to say 100% MVLA is top club in the country. All they do is win now!!! Great job and they play the game right.

They’re kids, of course they’ll make mental mistakes lol. 75%-80% of the game our kids were on their side of the field. Our kids had more shots but they scored at a higher percentage with the opportunities they had.

I can only speak for my kid, she didn’t connect with a lot of her passes, lost some 50/50 balls and made a ton of mistakes but as a team Blues dominated both games.

Men lie, women lie but not film. Tell your source to post the games if that’s the case.

They’re kids, of course they’ll make mental mistakes lol. 75%-80% of the game our kids were on their side of the field. Our kids had more shots but they scored at a higher percentage with the opportunities they had.

I can only speak for my kid, she didn’t connect with a lot of her passes, lost some 50/50 balls and made a ton of mistakes but as a team Blues dominated both games.

Men lie, women lie but not film. Tell your source to post the games if that’s the case.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt as I was not there and was told this by non bias sources outside your team. Here is what they said. All you guys did was punt the ball. No possession or build out of any sort. Out muscled by bigger and faster girls. Kick ball all game. Couldn’t put the ball down to control & make a passes to posses the ball. You guys lost the air battle to taller more physical girls. You guys did start both games better, had better opportunities to score but forwards couldn’t capitalize on most. but as time went on and as the bad defensive break downs happen. 1/2 your girls cracked, especially defenders couldn’t handle the pressure and the other teams gained confidence and shut you down. Not a quality of a top ranked team. I know they are kids but they are 11 years old and going to ecnl next season and they are playing at the best of the best level. Those break downs are unacceptable from a u12 top 5 ranked team in the nation. If you guys were flight 2/3 sure I can accept the mental mistakes but you guys are suppose to be the 1 or 2 top team in CA. So no excuses for them being kids. You guys going to ecnl next year and are not Division 1 ready. Ohh and yea one last thing I was told, you guys need a true holding mid. Don’t have one, you lost the defensive mid battle and that’s why you guys could not control the middle. Your attacking mid was playing all over the place trying to be Captain America way out of position to cover the break downs in the back and on the sides which ended up costing you to lose the midfield leaving a huge gap in the offensive middle as well. Your wingers didn’t stay wide enough and brought all the defenders to the center where the battle was lost. Your defense was soft and not being able to control the midfield cost you guys the game.

Not trying to argue with you as I was not there but the Blues are the Blues and they are known for their excellence. Any time they play you bet someone will be observing them with a fine tooth comb

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt as I was not there and was told this by non bias sources outside your team. Here is what they said. All you guys did was punt the ball. No possession or build out of any sort. Out muscled by bigger and faster girls. Kick ball all game. Couldn’t put the ball down to control & make a passes to posses the ball. You guys lost the air battle to taller more physical girls. You guys did start both games better, had better opportunities to score but forwards couldn’t capitalize on most. but as time went on and as the bad defensive break downs happen. 1/2 your girls cracked, especially defenders couldn’t handle the pressure and the other teams gained confidence and shut you down. Not a quality of a top ranked team. I know they are kids but they are 11 years old and going to ecnl next season and they are playing at the best of the best level. Those break downs are unacceptable from a u12 top 5 ranked team in the nation. If you guys were flight 2/3 sure I can accept the mental mistakes but you guys are suppose to be the 1 or 2 top team in CA. So no excuses for them being kids. You guys going to ecnl next year and are not Division 1 ready. Ohh and yea one last thing I was told, you guys need a true holding mid. Don’t have one, you lost the defensive mid battle and that’s why you guys could not control the middle. Your attacking mid was playing all over the place trying to be Captain America way out of position to cover the break downs in the back and on the sides which ended up costing you to lose the midfield leaving a huge gap in the offensive middle as well. Your wingers didn’t stay wide enough and brought all the defenders to the center where the battle was lost. Your defense was soft and not being able to control the midfield cost you guys the game.
Everything you’ve said about the holding mid is true! That’s my kid, that’s a fair assessment of how it went down. She can play there but it’s not her natural position. No excuse, she needs to learn the nuances of that position. Also true that everyone had to cover for her mistakes, fabi did her best to help.

Given your assessment of how they played still makes me lol bc they’re still kids who are playing in their 2nd tournament together. When they start getting paid to play the sport then I won’t give them any excuses to make mistakes. You can only learn from mistakes and grow from them. Sooner rather than later those balls will go in for our forwards bc they’re amazing athletes and individuals, the defense will tighten up bc the experience will teach them, more time and experience will teach my kid as well.

Also I’ll call the ECNL etiquette police and apologize for being a top 5 nationally ranked team and making mistakes lol. Bro these girls are 11/10 years old! They were trading fidget toys during the break between games lol. You win some and you lose some, no shame in it. Just the way it is sometimes.

Everything you’ve said about the holding mid is true! That’s my kid, that’s a fair assessment of how it went down. She can play there but it’s not her natural position. No excuse, she needs to learn the nuances of that position. Also true that everyone had to cover for her mistakes, fabi did her best to help.

Given your assessment of how they played still makes me lol bc they’re still kids who are playing in their 2nd tournament together. When they start getting paid to play the sport then I won’t give them any excuses to make mistakes. You can only learn from mistakes and grow from them. Sooner rather than later those balls will go in for our forwards bc they’re amazing athletes and individuals, the defense will tighten up bc the experience will teach them, more time and experience will teach my kid as well.

Also I’ll call the ECNL etiquette police and apologize for being a top 5 nationally ranked team and making mistakes lol. Bro these girls are 11/10 years old! They were trading fidget toys during the break between games lol. You win some and you lose some, no shame in it. Just the way it is sometimes.
Supper classy response to an adult criticizing your 11 year old daughter’s soccer abilities. Mind blowing that anyone would do that. Your daughter is lucky you don’t take this too seriously. Others are not as fortunate. This is all just not as important as many people think it is.

The hardest year is the last 9v9 year and finding a new position heading into 11v11. This feed back although from a random adult is still helpful and will elevate her game.

Fair enough. Not saying you guys don’t have a good team. All good like I mention I was not there but was told by someone who I value their opinion & assessment of games. I’m sure you guys will bounce back. Didn’t know this was their 2nd tournament together. New players on team takes some time to adjust. I was expecting you guys to get to the finals. You guys did beat Surf at Man City in a commanding way. I had you guys in the finals for sure.

This is the kind of post that you will look at in a few years when the girls get older and close to aging out that you will regret in hindsight. Or at least one could hope that's the case.

Even if this is all from a non bias source and not directly from you, still takes a "special" kind of human being to forward on those words trashing a bunch of kids.

I'm certainly not a Blues "fan" for a multitude of reasons, but the kids and families over there are more like us than different. Those kids are part of a long term path that isn't all sunshine and roses. One of the reasons they're one of the most competitive and successful programs in the country is they make no qualms about the target on their back and they put themselves in situations where the rewards are high but so are the risks. For a player in that environment to be successful they need to be supported to fail and learn.

Certainly players learn through mistakes in training, both as a team and individuals, but this also applies to in game learning as well. Everything you mentioned are things a player will fail at, and learn from and be better for. Kudos to @Bri’s-DAD for taking the high road and being able to see the importance of "perspective", if he continues to do so, his DD will continue to enjoy the game and have a long future ahead of her knowing she can "breathe" and not be afraid to fail or make mistakes.

This is the kind of post that you will look at in a few years when the girls get older and close to aging out that you will regret in hindsight. Or at least one could hope that's the case.

Even if this is all from a non bias source and not directly from you, still takes a "special" kind of human being to forward on those words trashing a bunch of kids.

I'm certainly not a Blues "fan" for a multitude of reasons, but the kids and families over there are more like us than different. Those kids are part of a long term path that isn't all sunshine and roses. One of the reasons they're one of the most competitive and successful programs in the country is they make no qualms about the target on their back and they put themselves in situations where the rewards are high but so are the risks. For a player in that environment to be successful they need to be supported to fail and learn.

Certainly players learn through mistakes in training, both as a team and individuals, but this also applies to in game learning as well. Everything you mentioned are things a player will fail at, and learn from and be better for. Kudos to @Bri’s-DAD for taking the high road and being able to see the importance of "perspective", if he continues to do so, his DD will continue to enjoy the game and have a long future ahead of her knowing she can "breathe" and not be afraid to fail or make mistakes.

I see the 2006 age group has reached the "Lecture the youngers parents" stage of our development ;)

Side note: I agree with you LOL

Supper classy response to an adult criticizing your 11 year old daughter’s soccer abilities. Mind blowing that anyone would do that. Your daughter is lucky you don’t take this too seriously. Others are not as fortunate. This is all just not as important as many people think it is.
I'm really hoping and praying that this exchange about kids playing soccer is between two friends doing an abbott and costello routine. If not, oh boy.

I detect a slight socal bias in your predictions….

I’ll take TopHat, Oklahoma, RealCO, and Solar. :p

Solar over CO in the final.

Have fun this weekend.
Easier to predict now, but I predict a MVLA v Surf finals.
Beach v city and ole v Liverpool in the other brackets.
Who comes out on top?

Back