2021-'22 National Season Predictions, Opinion Rankings and Updates

jsoccer

SILVER
If Solar is the former Dfeeters team then I can tell you from experience that they are the best 09 team that I have seen. I am a former G09 coach of a top Socal team that played and beat everyone in Socal and when we went to SuperCopa and played Dfeeteers it was nothing we had seen. Obviously a lot has changed but that Dfeeters group was moving at a totally different speed.
No, Solar is not D'feeters. Solar is combination of mostly Solar South Adames and Solar Angelone. Defeeters is now DKSC, but team did not travel to San Diego. These 2 teams tied 1-1in Texas ECNL league play. Very evenly matched teams. Both excellent clubs.

FC Dallas vs. Matchfit is game of the day. I think FC Dallas may take the dub here.

Looking forward to tomorrow when I can update my opinion rankings. Had a lot of interesting results nationwide. I think we can also put Eclipse Select ECNL in the conversation with the other top teams looking at there results.

jsoccer

SILVER
FC Dallas vs. Matchfit is game of the day. I think FC Dallas may take the dub here.

Looking forward to tomorrow when I can update my opinion rankings. Had a lot of interesting results nationwide. I think we can also put Eclipse Select ECNL in the conversation with the other top teams looking at there results.
FC Dallas and Matchfit tied 2-2. Was 2-0 Matchfit at half.

So I got to watch the Blues game live this morning vs Seattle United ECNL. The score does not reflect what I saw though. Looked like a couple own goals by Seattle combined with a goalie that hopefully just had an off day...not trying to take anything from Blues though. They look very good, organized, and skilled. Blues looks like they play possession with an emphasis on getting it forward.

Matchfit tied FC Dallas while Solar got another win over Utah.

I feel stronger now about Solar and PDA being a step above everyone else. Could probably group Blues with Matchfit and others. Full disclosure, I have not seen recent video or first hand game play of Solar. Just it's results and reputation.

I've watched a lot of the top 50 teams now playing 11v11 and feel very good about where teams sit vs. each other. It's really interesting honestly, like I said earlier, with the exception of a few, YSR is pretty darn close. That said, here we go...unfortunately my DD's has fallen out of teams to watch.

October Mid Season Update

New Composite Rankings

1. Solar ECNL #1
2. PDA Blue ECNL #4
3. SoCal Blues ECNL #6
4. Las Vegas Surf #12
5. Slammers HB Koge ECNL #11
6. FC Dallas ECNL (YSR not accurate, games include other teams)
7. Matchfit ECNL #2
8. Eclipse Select ECNL (Not Ranked)
9. Cincinnati Cup GA #97 (Ranking was taken over from old CUP team and does not reflect merger of Cup Teams)
10. Legends SC ECNL #8

Top ECNL Teams
+0 1. Solar ECNL #1 - Undefeated on the season with one tie to DKSC. Big 4-0 win over Legends.
+2 2. PDA Blue ECNL #4 -Big win over Matchfit 3-0. Undefeated on season. Won SUSA tourney over Columbus Day weekend.
+0 3. SoCal Blues ECNL #6 - Only loss to Las Vegas Surf, Tie to San Diego Surf, Slammers Koge. Strong results in most competitions.
+2 4. Slammers HB Koge ECNL #11 -Undefeated on age this season with multiple ties. Tie to Blues.
NEW 5. FC Dallas ECNL (YSR Ranking is messed up) - Undefeated in ECNL Play, win over DKSC, tie to Matchfit.
+1 6. Matchfit ECNL #2 - Undefeated in ECNL play, big win over Legends, Slammers. 3-0 loss to PDA.
NEW 7. Eclipse Select ECNL (Not Ranked) - Undefeated in ECNL Play, win over SLSG Blue.
-6 8. Legends SC ECNL #8 - 2-0 in ECNL Division play, 6 GF to 1 GA, over LAFC and Eagles
+1 9. DKSC ECNL #5 - Loss to FC Dallas ECNL. Loss in August to Solar ECNL (tournament), then tie in ECNL play.
-5 10. San Diego Surf ECNL #19 - One loss to Blues, multiple ties to strong teams, questionable showing at ECNL Showcase.

Top GA/USYS Teams
+0 1. Las Vegas Surf #12
NEW 2. Cincinnati Cup GA - Undefeated since GA merger of Cup teams. Won WAGS tourney with win over Loudoun ECNL
-1 3. Nationals GA Blue #10
-1 4. South Shore Select #21
-1 5. Tophat Gold #20
-1 6. FC Sporting Pumas #16 - No games of note
NEW 7. Colorado Rush ECNL #13
NEW 8. Sunrise Sting DPL #25

Teams to watch
NEW 1. United Futbol Academy (Georgia) - Undefeated, 11-0-1 in ECNL play
2. Eagles ECNL #37 - Surf Cup Finalist, 2-1 loss to Legends in ECNL play. Strong results.
3. Houston Dynamo Dash GA #14 - Only one loss this season.
4. St Louis Scott Gallagher Navy ECNL #38 - Green team and Navy team come together, probably the biggest dark horse in ECNL
5. Ohio Elite ECNL #26 - 2-1 loss to Cincinnati Cup GA
6. Loudoun ECNL #45 - Undefeated in ECNL play, only 1 loss going back to last March.
NEW 7. Richmond United ECNL - New team made up of Richmond Strikers and Richmond Kickers. Undefeated in ECNL Play.
NEW 8. Kansas City Athletics - Undefeated in ECNL Play.
NEW 9. Internationals Ohio ECNL - Undefeated in ECNL play.

Next update will be end of Fall Season which is Dec. 1st.

So I got to watch the Blues game live this morning vs Seattle United ECNL. The score does not reflect what I saw though. Looked like a couple own goals by Seattle combined with a goalie that hopefully just had an off day...not trying to take anything from Blues though. They look very good, organized, and skilled. Blues looks like they play possession with an emphasis on getting it forward.
I think you live in a Bizarro/parallel universe but whatever. Heard Blues brought up some ECRL players today. Legends looked to be shorthanded this weekend, one of their players was at 2007 PDP session on Sunday.

Showcase was fun to watch with a lot of quality teams representing their regions well. Level of play was high across the board and teams were competing hard. I think maybe one team looked to be out of their league with a 0 GF and 29 GA but all other teams were solid. Hopefully ECNL will be able to create better matchups using league standings at the next showcase in Scottsdale.

chiefs

SILVER ELITE
I think you live in a Bizarro/parallel universe but whatever. Heard Blues brought up some ECRL players today. Legends looked to be shorthanded this weekend, one of their players was at 2007 PDP session on Sunday.

Showcase was fun to watch with a lot of quality teams representing their regions well. Level of play was high across the board and teams were competing hard. I think maybe one team looked to be out of their league with a 0 GF and 29 GA but all other teams were solid. Hopefully ECNL will be able to create better matchups using league standings at the next showcase in Scottsdale.
Did legends bring girls from LV Surf? Also, did slammers play 2010 girls?

LVB

BRONZE
If Solar is the former Dfeeters team then I can tell you from experience that they are the best 09 team that I have seen. I am a former G09 coach of a top Socal team that played and beat everyone in Socal and when we went to SuperCopa and played Dfeeteers it was nothing we had seen. Obviously a lot has changed but that Dfeeters group was moving at a totally different speed.
Was totally wondering where that team was gonna end up. I remember how good they were on YSR and now it all makes sense!

Came across this video today of #19 Tophat that was posted about two weeks. They were playing a team similar in strength to that of Albion to draw a comparison. What I saw is an very talented #9/#10 depending what formation you are familiar with. She is tall, fast, skilled and has a good foot. Looks like a team that puts it's stronger players up top. They pass very well and look good technically. The defense and goalie look to be the weak spots on this team.

I wish every team had a 15 minute against a decent opponent. It's funny how teams differ where they place the weaker players.

jsoccer

SILVER
FC Dallas and Solar squared off for the first time this season in the Texas League U-13G ECNL ....FC Dallas was currently in 1st place entering the game and feeling good. Well Solar took them to the wood shed with a 7-0 butt whopping this morning in Fairview. FC Dallas had ZERO shots on goal.....This makes Solar 18-0-1 (tournaments and league) on the year scoring 79 goals, and only given up 2......

timmyh

SILVER ELITE
FC Dallas and Solar squared off for the first time this season in the Texas League U-13G ECNL ....FC Dallas was currently in 1st place entering the game and feeling good. Well Solar took them to the wood shed with a 7-0 butt whopping this morning in Fairview. FC Dallas had ZERO shots on goal.....This makes Solar 18-0-1 (tournaments and league) on the year scoring 79 goals, and only given up 2......
10 games into the ECNL season for each age group (so 60 games in total), and Solar as a club is undefeated. That's pretty ridiculous in what is probably the 2nd best conference in the country (behind the Southwest).

What happened to FC Dallas? Looked like they had a good program (better than Solar?) during the DA days...did the girls program just fall apart once DA went away?

jsoccer

SILVER
What happened to FC Dallas? Looked like they had a good program (better than Solar?) during the DA days...did the girls program just fall apart once DA went away?
Solar leads every age group in ECNL standings except U-17, and that team is in 2nd place undefeated, but 5 draws....Solar as a club has not lost one game in ECNL play in any age group. FC Dallas has had allot of coaching changes....Solar girls is the #1 girls club in the nation according to Soccer Wire....That is where the top players go now. to play..... Quite a few girls called to national teams as well. Good environment.....

10 games into the ECNL season for each age group (so 60 games in total), and Solar as a club is undefeated. That's pretty ridiculous in what is probably the 2nd best conference in the country (behind the Southwest).
In all due respect, I think the North Atlantic may have a say in that with 2 teams in the top 5 in the US, and 5 teams in the top 50, all being an only 9 team division...maybe if I have time, I'll figure an average PI for each league. IMO, Southwest is toughest, Texas and North Atlantic are very close.

In other news, two undefeated team lost over the weekend in Loudoun (2-1 loss to CSA) and Eclipse Select (2-0 to KC Athletics).

There are currently 8 teams without a loss or tie in all of ECNL. United Futbol Club is also showing 57 GF to 4 GA which is impressive and is 11-0-1. I'm not sure what to think yet of some of the undefeated teams. I don't know anything about KC Athletics other than last weekends win over Eclipse is a good one. No idea on Internationals. Richmond United is very good but not on the same level as the other top teams. Same goes for World Class. Both are probably top 30 teams.

@rainbow_unicorn Who are CDA Slammers Fullerton Fortes? Curious if this team split up, changed clubs or something else. They still do not have any games listed for the Fall season. Pretty sure you are the resident expert on all things 2009 SoCal. No offense to anyone else!

Solar leads every age group in ECNL standings except U-17, and that team is in 2nd place undefeated, but 5 draws....Solar as a club has not lost one game in ECNL play in any age group. FC Dallas has had allot of coaching changes....Solar girls is the #1 girls club in the nation according to Soccer Wire....That is where the top players go now. to play..... Quite a few girls called to national teams as well. Good environment.....
So is Blues, LAFC, or Slammers considered the destination Club of SoCal? Solar is obvious for the South. PDA is obvious for the East. There is a little parity in the Midwest between Eclipse and SLSG with KC Athletics beginning to come up.

Sike

SILVER ELITE
So is Blues, LAFC, or Slammers considered the destination Club of SoCal? Solar is obvious for the South. PDA is obvious for the East. There is a little parity in the Midwest between Eclipse and SLSG with KC Athletics beginning to come up.
Overall, it is Koge in SoCal for now. Blues used to be the place, but have fallen off a bit. Certainly still several solid options in SoCal, but Koge seems to be the best of them at the moment.

@rainbow_unicorn Who are CDA Slammers Fullerton Fortes? Curious if this team split up, changed clubs or something else. They still do not have any games listed for the Fall season. Pretty sure you are the resident expert on all things 2009 SoCal. No offense to anyone else!
YSR has a lot of junk in there right now. Fortes players went to Slammers ECNL, ECRL or other teams.

Overall, it is Koge in SoCal for now. Blues used to be the place, but have fallen off a bit. Certainly still several solid options in SoCal, but Koge seems to be the best of them at the moment.
So Cal is geographically too big for one or two clubs to dominate. You will never have one super Socal team with all of the best players coming together because the drives are too far. Socal basically has five sub regions with the larger clubs getting pick of the litter in those regions...Eagles/Real So Cal in the valley, Legends in the IE, Beach in LA, Slammers Koge/Blues in OC and Surf in SD.

Same can be said for other regions. SLSG (St. Louis) and Eclipse (Chicago) do not compete for players...they are five hours apart.