Not a fan of the military, are you? I am.
I am guessing you prefer the Russian military.
When I got out of the Navy, I was happy to be gone. Over time I have gotten more sentimental about it. I had an appointment at the VA office to see about getting all the medals I missed due to transfers and discharge before the paperwork caught up with me, and then we went into isolation.

LOL.
The unAmericans on here (they know who they are, initials R and O and Lion, etc.) will have a hard time with this.
The military is American!
I have no problem with the general.
Don't ever speak for me or question my patriotism you ignorant piece of shit.
Now fuck off.

When I got out of the Navy, I was happy to be gone. Over time I have gotten more sentimental about it. I had an appointment at the VA office to see about getting all the medals I missed due to transfers and discharge before the paperwork caught up with me, and then we went into isolation.
Please share the medals and how they were earned.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

When I got put after just short of 8 years (I absorbed almost 3 months when I re-enlisted) I had 2 ribbons on my dress blues - the National Defense Service Medal (everybody got that on completing the first day of Boot Camp) and a Good Conduct Medal (4 years without trouble, under current rules, that is now 3 years). Because I was aboard the USS Enterprise when Saigon fell at the end of April 1974 (we had actually been scheduled to leave for the States a couple of weeks earlier, but we were called back for one more South China Sea tour) and participated in the evacuation process known as Frequent Wind for which all participants were awarded a Navy Unit Commendation, either a Vietnam Service Medal or an Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal at the recipient's choice, and a Humanitarian Service Medal. I transferred out of the F-14 squadron VF1 less than a year after we returned to NAS Miramar and soon after (Nov 1976) discharged at the end of my enlistment (I volunteered to stay in the Reserves for another two years) before all the bureaucratic paperwork was completed, so the medals never caught up to me. On top of that, since the NDSM active period had ended in 1973 with the Paris cease-fire agreement, the Navy created the Sea Service Deployment Ribbon (90 days at sea) in 1980 and backdated the eligibility date to 1973. There is another semi-official medal in the works - the Cold War Victory Medal (any service between 1946 and 1989) which has been designed and has been stuck in Congressional Committees for years. It's official enough that the National Guard in 2 states (Alaska and Louisiana) have awarded them so they are available for purchase.

Thanks in advance.
You asked for it . . .
When I got put after just short of 8 years (I absorbed almost 3 months when I re-enlisted) I had 2 ribbons on my dress blues - the National Defense Service Medal (everybody got that on completing the first day of Boot Camp) and a Good Conduct Medal (4 years without trouble, under current rules, that is now 3 years). Because I was aboard the USS Enterprise when Saigon fell at the end of April 1974 (we had actually been scheduled to leave for the States a couple of weeks earlier, but we were called back for one more South China Sea tour) and participated in the evacuation process known as Frequent Wind for which all participants were awarded a Navy Unit Commendation, either a Vietnam Service Medal or an Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal at the recipient's choice, and a Humanitarian Service Medal. I transferred out of the F-14 squadron VF1 less than a year after we returned to NAS Miramar and soon after (Nov 1976) discharged at the end of my enlistment (I volunteered to stay in the Reserves for another two years) before all the bureaucratic paperwork was completed, so the medals never caught up to me. On top of that, since the NDSM active period had ended in 1973 with the Paris cease-fire agreement, the Navy created the Sea Service Deployment Ribbon (90 days at sea) in 1980 and backdated the eligibility date to 1973. There is another semi-official medal in the works - the Cold War Victory Medal (any service between 1946 and 1989) which has been designed and has been stuck in Congressional Committees for years. It's official enough that the National Guard in 2 states (Alaska and Louisiana) have awarded them so they are available for purchase.
. . . what did you think you were gonna get?

Whoever nominated this commie as oughta be fired.

" Whoever nominated this commie..

as oughta be fired "

WTF are you trying to articulate.....I told you last night
to go out to that " Little " shed where you hide your " Private "

things and find you pointy pliers and push that hook thru....
Go on....git.......!

Don’t ask don’t tell?

Spola autobiography :

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTwU8uwYdrI_RsDhQ50EcoFjcMcoAeFjWKP0tc6sStxiAOKtKDL&usqp=CAU

Is he really?
I cant listen to that guy.
Gawd he's horrible.

I listen to Rush, then flip to the LA talk team at KFI after that.
Either that, or i listen to Dwight Yoakum's Bakersfield channel.
Once in awhile I listen to the espola Naval Medals Channel if i feel like taking a nap.
The lesson I want you to learn is: It doesn’t matter what you look like. You can be tall or short or fat or thin, or ugly or handsome, like your father, or you can be black or yellow or white. It doesn’t matter. But what does matter is the size of your heart and the strength of your character.

The lesson I want you to learn is: It doesn’t matter what you look like. You can be tall or short or fat or thin, or ugly or handsome, like your father, or you can be black or yellow or white. It doesn’t matter. But what does matter is the size of your heart and the strength of your character.
Get a new routine bro.
I love Herman Munster but the routine, its played out.
Honest to God.

Back