2020 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!! EXTENDED TO SPRING '21!!!!

There is a big difference between a private, well endowed university with about 3,700 students (Pepperdine) and a public university with over 36,000 students (Cal. State University, Fullerton). It would be great if they would reopen but the risk are quite different.
I agree and I am glad I am not the one to make the decision. If I did have to make the decision, I would delay because I don't believe anyone has enough facts to make the decision to reopen schools right now.

I have heard that UCSD plans to test all of their students. As a UC with it's own hospital and medical laboratories, it should have the capability of performing the testing and making an informed decision.

I agree and I am glad I am not the one to make the decision. If I did have to make the decision, I would delay because I don't believe anyone has enough facts to make the decision to reopen schools right now.

I have heard that UCSD plans to test all of their students. As a UC with it's own hospital and medical laboratories, it should have the capability of performing the testing and making an informed decision.

Every school across the nation, from pre-k to graduate, from public to private, should have already been set up to test their students at least twice a week!

Looks like leagues are altering their conference schedule to reduce travel:

wonder if WCCwl do this:

UOP
USF
Santa Clara
Smc
Plays each other 2 times for six games.
No conference games could include CAL, Stanford, San Jose state, Davis, Sac State, Nevada,,

Pepperdine
USD
Loyola
Plays each other three times. Non conferences games could include Long Beach, Fullerton, Irvine, UCSB, USC, UCLA, SDSU. Plenty of choices down south.

BYU
Portland
Gonzaga
Plays each other three times. Non conference could include Utah Valley, southern Utah, Utah, WSU, UW, Portland state, EWU, Oregon, maybe some D2 .

Pac12 needs some thought. They are a bit more spread out but cal and Stanford, UCLA and USC goof starts it 3x for sure. ASU vs. Arizona 3x
Oregon, OSU, WSU, UW 2x . Maybe Utah with as schools

I'm going to revive this thread so people aren't confused by the other one (this thread is to discuss the upcoming 2020 season).

No official WCC announcements yet, but I know there is a lot of "Unofficial" training going on....anyone hear anything with Pac-12?

I'm going to revive this thread so people aren't confused by the other one (this thread is to discuss the upcoming 2020 season).

No official WCC announcements yet, but I know there is a lot of "Unofficial" training going on....anyone hear anything with Pac-12?
Nothing on Pac-12! They will obviously the last you'll hear from.

It's going to be tough to have a college soccer season. The NWSL has the players getting tested twice a week and living in a bubble for a month just to pull off the tournament that they are condensing the season down to. With all of the college football and NFL players that have tested positive for the virus and others that tested positive for the antibody, I don't see how they are going to be able to have any sports without keeping the entire team in a bubble. Personally I would have my kid redshirt if they have the availble year to do so. I'm not even sending my 11 year old back to 6th grade in the fall he is going to do distance learning until there is a vaccine. Too many people having their noses out of their masks and too many people acting like we aren't in the middle of a pandemic that has killed almost a half a million people (and that is only the reported deaths).

Good luck to everyone during this challenging time and please wear a damn mask in public!!!

Reposting here to stay on topic.

Not 100% confirmed yet but hearing reporting date of 7/26 or 7/27. One week of Covid testing and other physicals. Independant training that week. Then practice/training in pods of 8. Maybe for 1-2 weeks. Then full team practice. Training camp in Dorms but solo occupancy. Other changes in AT and locker rooms to limit occupancy and provide distancing. Also team is working on a plan to get the international students back into the country.

From the CDC:

With specific exceptions, foreign nationals who have been in any of the following countries during the past 14 days may not enter the United States. For a full list of exceptions, please refer to the relevant proclamations in the links below.

• China
  • Iran
  • European Schengen area(Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City)
  • United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Brazil

Map, can you still go to school without the vaccine? No kids have died either. Gavin just announced mandatory mask in cali. OC must obey and I will get in big trouble if they dont. I let my kid play and have no fear. To each his own. I was trying to stay positive everyone about playing sports but its just to dangerous. See you all next year. Peace!!!

Map, can you still go to school without the vaccine? No kids have died either. Gavin just announced mandatory mask in cali. OC must obey and I will get in big trouble if they dont. I let my kid play and have no fear. To each his own. I was trying to stay positive everyone about playing sports but its just to dangerous. See you all next year. Peace!!!

It's dangerous to those that are immunocompromised. professors, older officials and fans with the previous are at risk. Unfortunately this might be the new normal.

I am wondering if the UCSB schedule is accurate? There was a news article about the Chancellor saying there are no fall sports for CSU schools.

The chancellor never said no fall sports for CSU’s.
the only conference who has cancelled/postponed fall sports is the CAA which is a D2 conference and has some CSU schools in it.
The D1 CSU’s (Long Beach, sdsu, cal poly etc) are all playing. Or at least planning on it.

I think this news along with a high number of athletes getting COVID (Clemson, TX, Alabama ) will put an end to all voluntary workouts.

If pros aren’t doing it why would unpaid college athletes?

Back