2020 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!! EXTENDED TO SPRING '21!!!!

UCLA lost 2-1 to ISAW this afternoon
CBU 4 - LMU 2 played last night

Interesting how LMU are playing in the spring.
You can tell the staff is trying implement a new playing style.
Jenny Bindon bringing in a Head Coach from HI, keeping JW and making KP a Volunteer Assistant. Interesting dynamic. Should be fun to watch them play more

Are coaches giving the kids an option to practice unsupervised? I 've heard some coaches are telling their girls to do this. Thoughts?
DD from UW just told me Spring soccer canceled. Classes cancelled also so the players are going home. They were given fitness packets and the trainer will be monitoring weekly.

Questions with recruiting during this Coronavirus Pandemic - With Sophomores and Juniors, has the recruiting season come to a complete halt? For Sophomores, since school is technically done, how's that working out to contact coaches. How is the recruiting process going to Juniors? Just curious because I only can imagine how difficult this this.

Questions with recruiting during this Coronavirus Pandemic - With Sophomores and Juniors, has the recruiting season come to a complete halt? For Sophomores, since school is technically done, how's that working out to contact coaches. How is the recruiting process going to Juniors? Just curious because I only can imagine how difficult this this.

The NCAA has suspended recruiting for the time-being (it has been publicized in a few sources though in the NCAA's typical fashion, it does take some looking), to the point that any unsigned NLIs and offers of financial aid are now considered null and void (that is less an issue with kids coming out of HS to play soccer (it is for other sports) but it is an issue for college players in the transfer portal). As for the end of the sophomore year, that's not how the rule reads - it is June 15 after sophomore year so those kids who finish before June 15 under normal circumstances still should be in a black-out until then.

The NCAA has suspended recruiting for the time-being (it has been publicized in a few sources though in the NCAA's typical fashion, it does take some looking), to the point that any unsigned NLIs and offers of financial aid are now considered null and void (that is less an issue with kids coming out of HS to play soccer (it is for other sports) but it is an issue for college players in the transfer portal). As for the end of the sophomore year, that's not how the rule reads - it is June 15 after sophomore year so those kids who finish before June 15 under normal circumstances still should be in a black-out until then.

Since you have already found that, can you provide a link to it?

"In addition, the Council leadership put in place an immediate ban on in-person recruiting for Division I coaches. Additionally, the group advised schools to suspend any official and unofficial visits to campus from prospective student-athletes.

This recruiting dead period will be in place until at least April 15. Telephone calls and written correspondence are allowed during dead periods.

Council leadership also agreed that eligibility relief is appropriate for all Division I student-athletes who participated in spring sports. Details of eligibility relief will be finalized later with input from the Division I membership. Additional issues with NCAA rules must be addressed, and appropriate governance bodies will work through those with members in the coming days and weeks.

After the Collegiate Commissioners’ Association decided to suspend all National Letter of Intent (NLI) signings until at least April 15, 2020, the Council Coordination Committee also suspended all signing of institutional financial aid agreements by prospective student-athletes during the same time period."

Calls/writing are OK (if you are a Jr or Sr)

I assume I don't need to find anything related to June 15 since that has been the rule since last May and canceling school early will have no impact since (i) it is a date certain and not keyed to any time after the end of soph year and (ii) the end of school varies around the country in normal circumstances and in abnormal ones (like now) and June 15 is still the date.

Hearing talk of soccer season potentially being pushed out and extended past NOV.

It a bigger task to do this for college football however and we will see what they decide to do.

All eyes on professional sports. College football can not start if the pros don't.
Chris Henderson says 50/50 we see a soccer season. I'd say it's much higher then that. I see a 10-12 game season and a late start.

Not sure what SMC is going to look like this fall as the suffer major losses. In addition to losing numerous impact seniors ( and one of their best defenders to Pepperdine last season) they lose their starting goal keeper and probable starting F to Oklahoma State and Cal State Fullerton respectively.

It will take a monumental coaching job to keep them out of the cellar in the WCC next year. Congratulations to the SMC AD for hiring Clarke and setting the program back big time. Latest WCC tiered projections:

1. Santa Clara
2. Pepperdine
3. BYU

4. Portland
4. Gonzaga

6. USF
6. Loyola Marymount
6. USD
6. Pacific

8. SMC

Back