2020 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!! EXTENDED TO SPRING '21!!!!

I'm not sure I agree. You think Santa Clara is taking players away from Cal and Stanford? I don't see that at all... even will Cal's lack of success. But I completely agree about your 2nd part. Poor UOP... location, location, location.

No not comparing SC to CAL of Stanford only to expensive WCC schools

Stanford has WNT team players in line to attend. They are in a class by themselves.

I've only seen a few female players turn Stanford down. They do exist though.

Everybody stay safe out there. And wash your hands, keep your distance, and the person of color with the bandana on isn't trying to rob you. Good luck to eveyone.

I've only seen a few female players turn Stanford down. They do exist though.

Everybody stay safe out there. And wash your hands, keep your distance, and the person of color with the bandana on isn't trying to rob you. Good luck to eveyone.
Good morning MAP,
how have you been?

Good morning MAP,
how have you been?

Good. Saving a lot of money on travel although I would have liked to have been in DC on April 18th. It's all good though. I am finished with most of my honey do's and I think that my 11 year old is enjoying school from home too much.

I hope that you and your family are doing well. My prayers and donations go out to those suffering right now.

Good. Saving a lot of money on travel although I would have liked to have been in DC on April 18th. It's all good though. I am finished with most of my honey do's and I think that my 11 year old is enjoying school from home too much.

I hope that you and your family are doing well. My prayers and donations go out to those suffering right now.
Crazy times for sure, everyone is fine here, my junior sound the same as your younger, doesn’t want to go back this year.
She is sure missing out on some important soccer right now, but there are bigger fish to fry.
Good luck to you and yours.

Colleges are planning for the possibility of in person classes to be held in Jan 2021 and are discussing plans to start football in FEB to May. Does this mean a late start for women's soccer?

Certainly would affect ECNL events, recruiting, if this happens.

If a college has functioning men's and women D1 soccer programs, and they cancel just the men, they may find out what Title IX really says.

You don't need to have both men's and women's side of the same program. Just overall equal opportunity (not money). It's because football has such a larger roster that you see a lot of women's sports without a men's side. Right now there are over 100 D1 school's that have only women's soccer.

You don't need to have both men's and women's side of the same program. Just overall equal opportunity (not money). It's because football has such a larger roster that you see a lot of women's sports without a men's side. Right now there are over 100 D1 school's that have only women's soccer.

It will be an interesting suit.

The SEC fields women’s soccer and lacrosse teams but no men’s soccer and lacrosse teams. Because football.

SEC is a conference, not a college. They also don't "field" (if that's the right word) ice hockey or crew.

Kentucky and South Carolina are SEC football schools, but they play mens soccer in Conference USA.

Not having a team is not the same thing a having a team for years and then dropping it (and the lawyers wll have an obvious group of litigants).

does this mean no women’s soccer for Fullerton? More to follow likely. My question is will the season be canceled or played in spring 2021?

If you read the article they say it is a crap shoot at the end. 50/50 that its online vs in person. Meaningless news. All colleges are preparing for both right now.

does this mean no women’s soccer for Fullerton? More to follow likely. My question is will the season be canceled or played in spring 2021?
Well, shit.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...3d581c-949b-11ea-82b4-c8db161ff6e5_story.html

Apparently UC system will announce same this week. Question is will the “limited students” allowed on campus for certain classes and labs include athletes?

Back