2020 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!! EXTENDED TO SPRING '21!!!!

cal baptist isn’t eligible for the playoffs for 2 more years.

Game to watch-

SMC vs. Pepperdine

Rationale-
-SMC looked as good as Oregon vs. a common opponent , SAC State. Oregon beat Stanford and Pepp lost to Stanford.
-play at home
-better coach at SMC than previous ones

Pepperdine seems to have trouble with SMC in Moraga for some strange reason.

Game to watch-

SMC vs. Pepperdine

Rationale-
-SMC looked as good as Oregon vs. a common opponent , SAC State. Oregon beat Stanford and Pepp lost to Stanford.
-play at home
-better coach at SMC than previous ones

Pepperdine seems to have trouble with SMC in Moraga for some strange reason.

Did you watch the UO v Sac State game? Not sure too many conclusions can be drawn from that one (and certainly not at game that would gather non-friends/non-family members to the stream of Sac State’s feed)

Interesting that USC is #1 in your assessment despite a loss and ASU moves to #4 b/c they beat USC but Stanford drops all the way out. You may be right - w/o a non-conference bunch of games to do some assessing, there may be wild shifts on a game-by-game basis. I’d expect Stanford to dispatch OSU pretty easily.

Did you watch the UO v Sac State game? Not sure too many conclusions can be drawn from that one (and certainly not at game that would gather non-friends/non-family members to the stream of Sac State’s feed)

Interesting that USC is #1 in your assessment despite a loss and ASU moves to #4 b/c they beat USC but Stanford drops all the way out. You may be right - w/o a non-conference bunch of games to do some assessing, there may be wild shifts on a game-by-game basis. I’d expect Stanford to dispatch OSU pretty easily.
Yeah I watched the rugby match between the two.
Your dd is doing well in the box and btw.

Stanford on paper looks great (all those WNT players) but I saw a lot of uncharacteristic unforced turnovers by Stanford. Picket looked great out there but she was even guilty of passing to the other team unforced. If OSU sits back Stanford will have to be precise to crack that.

USC was caught early I think on a set piece. Happens.

Stanford has been down 2x already by 2 goals this year! That’s a concern. I know Girma is out but it’s next WNT player up so no excuses. Maybe players have injuries?

What I took for the sac state game was sac did a good job w team defense. Clearly they wanted to muck the game up on that cow pasture and they did.

Stanford on paper looks great (all those WNT players) but I saw a lot of uncharacteristic unforced turnovers by Stanford. Picket looked great out there but she was even guilty of passing to the other team unforced. If OSU sits back Stanford will have to be precise to crack that.
Things can change as it's only two games, but Stanford has looked anemic finishing their chances. Their service in the 2nd half of OU was ugly - corners, crosses, and chips to the middle - except for Pickett. All that possession doesn't mean much if you can't finish.

WNT does not necessarily mean anything. Stanford reign over in my estimation. Parody all over the PAC 12 this season with the Bears having solid chance at taking the whole thing. Agree with DK tho... We might see wild results this season. Either way it will be fun to watch.

WNT does not necessarily mean anything. Stanford reign over in my estimation. Parody all over the PAC 12 this season with the Bears having solid chance at taking the whole thing. Agree with DK tho... We might see wild results this season. Either way it will be fun to watch.
Bears will be eliminated by the 2nd or 3rd place WCC team again!
Bears look better than Stanford this year. Sac state had Oregon on the ropes. Oregon 2-0 over Stanford. All fingers point to the young recruits on the field for Stanford as to the reason for their poor results.

Bears will be eliminated by the 2nd or 3rd place WCC team again!
Bears look better than Stanford this year. Sac state had Oregon on the ropes. Oregon 2-0 over Stanford. All fingers point to the young recruits on the field for Stanford as to the reason for their poor results.
We'll see.

We'll see.

If they manage to break their longstanding trend of early elimination during this testy time of accusations against the coach, I'll be impressed and also happy for the program. I just don't understand why they don't perform better...its such a great school!

If they manage to break their longstanding trend of early elimination during this testy time of accusations against the coach, I'll be impressed and also happy for the program. I just don't understand why they don't perform better...its such a great school!
Agree. Hopefully the cycle is broken now and into the coming seasons...

WCC this weekend will be telling.

Santa Clara heads to BYU. BYU should win this one. 3-1

Pepperdine travels to Stockton. Given their performance in Moraga a few weeks ago my upset meter is up as Pacific is playing better soccer with their new coach . Pepp should pull this one out in the end. 2-0

Portland travels to USF. Loser is eliminated for any chance at post season play. I see a tie, 1-1.

USD travels to SMC, who is also playing better. SMC win this one. 1-0

LMU travels to Gonzaga and wil be whipped by at least 2 goals. 2-0

My question, will the ZAGs have a breakthrough this year and take 2nd?

Last Saturday was one of the most embarrassing performances by the UOP Tigers at home since joining the the WCC. 5 goals in 20 minutes is ridiculous. You don’t get beat down line that at home. That’s on the coaches. New coaches ——same results. It’s a vicious cycle here.

Last Saturday was one of the most embarrassing performances by the UOP Tigers at home since joining the the WCC. 5 goals in 20 minutes is ridiculous. You don’t get beat down line that at home. That’s on the coaches. New coaches ——same results. It’s a vicious cycle here.
I would be interested to know how long they have been practicing. I know some teams have games scheduled in early April and are just starting to practice this week. Maybe UOP was in a similar situation?

Back