2020 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!! EXTENDED TO SPRING '21!!!!

Unfortunately our naturalization process is somewhat grueling. On the bright side it's better than in Greece. Giannis was born in Greece but wasn't granted Greek citizenship until after he turned 19 and was drafted in the first round of the NBA draft.
And we wonder why he was granted Greek citizenship in his late teens? Funny how things work out!

Back to soccer. It is truly a bummer that these hard working young ladies are getting a monkey wrench thrown in their plans. It is a similar situation for those playing professional soccer. The NWSL hasn't revealed a plan on how they are going to pull off next season and they are planning on going forward with an expansion draft for two teams (Nashville and Sacramento) and a college draft. The real question is how many seniors are going to just enter the draft and forgo the spring season and/or forgo an additional year of eligibility.

Players like Macario and many of the foreign players I imagine would forgo another year especially if they are going to graduate this year. This will be a very interesting next six months.

Stay safe everyone. Wear a mask that cover your mouth AND your nose. Keep your distance. Be kind. We will make it through this together.

Do you think with the college draft, they will allow the player to come in late (say late May/early June start) that way they could finish out their college career?? I didn't even think they were doing a college draft this year, I thought it would all be inside trading. It will definitely be an interesting year to come,

Do you think with the college draft, they will allow the player to come in late (say late May/early June start) that way they could finish out their college career?? I didn't even think they were doing a college draft this year, I thought it would all be inside trading. It will definitely be an interesting year to come,

I have heard that they have plans for an expansion draft for Nashville and Sacramento and that they were going to hold a college draft. I don't think that they really have a solid plan as to what they are going to do. That likely has a lot to do with why the USWNT players are fleeing to Europe. Many of them realize that we don't have our shit together domestically and if they want to get any meaningful games in prior to next years Olympics that they better play in Europe.

I have heard that they have plans for an expansion draft for Nashville and Sacramento and that they were going to hold a college draft. I don't think that they really have a solid plan as to what they are going to do. That likely has a lot to do with why the USWNT players are fleeing to Europe. Many of them realize that we don't have our shit together domestically and if they want to get any meaningful games in prior to next years Olympics that they better play in Europe.

I think it has changed a couple times as far as dates and I could be wrong but I think Louisville is this coming year 2021 for NWSL expansion and then Los Angeles and Sacramento will be the following year 2022..? Is Nashville coming in as well? Lots of new teams--excited to finally get a team in So Cal!!

Map-- Good luck to your DD!! Would love seeing her play overseas for a bit!! Keep us posted!

I think it has changed a couple times as far as dates and I could be wrong but I think Louisville is this coming year 2021 for NWSL expansion and then Los Angeles and Sacramento will be the following year 2022..? Is Nashville coming in as well? Lots of new teams--excited to finally get a team in So Cal!!

Map-- Good luck to your DD!! Would love seeing her play overseas for a bit!! Keep us posted!

From what I have heard the Sacramento team is coming this year along with Nashville and LA will be playing in the 2022 season. Yes lots of exciting opportunities for our SoCal girls. Thank you for the kind words.

Continued good fortune to you and your player! Stay safe.

From what I have heard the Sacramento team is coming this year along with Nashville and LA will be playing in the 2022 season. Yes lots of exciting opportunities for our SoCal girls. Thank you for the kind words.

Continued good fortune to you and your player! Stay safe.
Maps, this would be amazing.

My DD's team has been training w/coaches as well just unsure how long they will keep it up without a fall season....?
They have them bubbled in a hotel across from campus.
DD is on cloud nine though, just soooo happy to be with the team-- testing, restrictions, whatever-- she doesn't care, just wants to be with them and play soccer!! Trying to stay positive and hopeful for a spring season of some sort.
So incredibly tough for all these kids and young adults-- new freshman coming in, seniors having to make some big decisions, and everyone in between as well...just so mentally tough on everyone.
Praying all your families & kiddos are staying safe & healthy and strong though this!

My DD's team has been training w/coaches as well just unsure how long they will keep it up without a fall season....?
They have them bubbled in a hotel across from campus.
DD is on cloud nine though, just soooo happy to be with the team-- testing, restrictions, whatever-- she doesn't care, just wants to be with them and play soccer!! Trying to stay positive and hopeful for a spring season of some sort.
So incredibly tough for all these kids and young adults-- new freshman coming in, seniors having to make some big decisions, and everyone in between as well...just so mentally tough on everyone.
Praying all your families & kiddos are staying safe & healthy and strong though this!
While I agree that this change from routine has been tough, I have reminded her (and myself) that we are all still incredibly lucky compared to a large chunk of the world.

Unfortunately my daughter's school is bound by the rules of LA County. No one allowed on campus so players are scrapping together their own "practices" and training and she's doing GK a couple of times a week on her own.

I thought UCLA and usc are training? Can they bypass county rules because of robust testing or protocols they’ve put in place?

I thought UCLA and usc are training? Can they bypass county rules because of robust testing or protocols they’ve put in place?

So the word is that no one in LA County should be allowed on campus (and thus training) unless there are hardship exceptions made; apparently they are very good at getting these exceptions at UCLA and USC.

Pepp is still not starting training until they get the thumbs up from the County. They have a school of public policy and all the Athletic Department leadership are lawyers so they continue to work with the county to work towards getting the Student Athletes on campus for training; and when this occurs there is a vigorous testing and quarantine protocol that will have to be followed. Its pretty extensive so I'm not going to type it out here, but I don't think they will be doing full team practices for a few weeks.

I think LMU is the only other WCC team that is being held back because of these restrictions; from what we have heard all other WCC teams are practicing, but we don't expect to fully compete until Spring.

So the word is that no one in LA County should be allowed on campus (and thus training) unless there are hardship exceptions made; apparently they are very good at getting these exceptions at UCLA and USC.

Pepp is still not starting training until they get the thumbs up from the County. They have a school of public policy and all the Athletic Department leadership are lawyers so they continue to work with the county to work towards getting the Student Athletes on campus for training; and when this occurs there is a vigorous testing and quarantine protocol that will have to be followed. Its pretty extensive so I'm not going to type it out here, but I don't think they will be doing full team practices for a few weeks.

I think LMU is the only other WCC team that is being held back because of these restrictions; from what we have heard all other WCC teams are practicing, but we don't expect to fully compete until Spring.
I believe Portland is not practicing. They started to, but then got shut down. The players may be meeting to do their own things on the sly, but not officially.

Back