2020 State Cup

Have to tip your cap to Legends , arguably the toughest road to the final the Galaxy SB, Blues, Slammers, Rebels and now with an impressive win in the final. Looks like they are doing something right with all their teams as they all are always in the top of their age groups. Congrats to SD Force as well on a great run!
Yes, they are. It’s called recruiting the top talent from other teams. About 7 or 8 girls joined this year.

Yes, they are. It’s called recruiting the top talent from other teams. About 7 or 8 girls joined this year.
They possibly could have some new talent but you still have to train and play and get the job done. I don’t think many recruit better than Slammers PA and Blues RR in the younger age groups and they didn’t get it done so it’s not just in the recruiting you still have to play the games and get the job done, a little luck needs to roll your way too.

Of course. But they won with players developed by other coaches. 7 of them made ODP.

What defines development when they are only 10 years old. I don’t belong to this club but you have to give them credit for what they accomplished. If you can show that the team is made up of mostly new players compared to the previous year, then your statement is correct.

Does anyone know how many new players they picked up from the previous year?

Even if they were all new players, would that take anything away from their coach for this accomplishment? As mentioned above, players at 10 are not “developed” and 1 year under a different coach can make a huge difference in their evolution as soccer players.
Now, i guess the issue here is whether these big clubs give up too soon on “underperforming” players and replace them constantly with more talented or game ready players, instead of developing the same players throughout the years, which is a strategy open for debate.
However, as it appears most parents want their kids to play for these big conglomerates, it looks like it’s working for them..

What defines development when they are only 10 years old. I don’t belong to this club but you have to give them credit for what they accomplished. If you can show that the team is made up of mostly new players compared to the previous year, then your statement is correct.

I was thinking the same thing? Does anyone know how many players are new? Are any of the girls that made ODP from Slammers, Blues or Surf? I still think unless a few these players came just for state cup that a year with a coach at this age could make an impact and you can’t take away from the accomplishment

7 new players. Six of them are starters.

I was thinking the same thing? Does anyone know how many players are new? Are any of the girls that made ODP from Slammers, Blues or Surf? I still think unless a few these players came just for state cup that a year with a coach at this age could make an impact and you can’t take away from the accomplishment
It was a great accomplishment. A team with all stars still had to train and play hard, and they did. That’s why they won. They shutout Cruz and won the finals 5-0.

You are correct, 7 new players, 6 of them starters and 2 of them (goalkeeper and top scorer) just joined the team prior to State Cup.

Interesting, well then maybe they did buy the championship. Lol.!!!!

Anyone from legends on this blog willing to make a statement.

Interesting, well then maybe they did buy the championship. Lol.!!!!

Anyone from legends on this blog willing to make a statement.
I think anyone who says that these teams win because of great/differentiated coaching is not really paying attention. Basically these teams have perfected the art of "one-and-dones". I go back to my previous post. In the scarce supply market, the Kentucky/Duke way definitely works. The rest of us better figure out how to be Villanova, Virginia, etc... It just took a few years for those teams to develop their Seniors that can beat the 5 star freshmen. However, in this market when the parents act like 10 year olds that want to win now and associate winning trophies with "development", good luck!

I know I am taking a chance by going by the words of a poster whom I have never met. But taking his/her word for what they are....they got 7 new players....I wonder what happened to the players that played with the team all year until the state cup....they were just asked to stay home?

I think anyone who says that these teams win because of great/differentiated coaching is not really paying attention. Basically these teams have perfected the art of "one-and-dones". I go back to my previous post. In the scarce supply market, the Kentucky/Duke way definitely works. The rest of us better figure out how to be Villanova, Virginia, etc... It just took a few years for those teams to develop their Seniors that can beat the 5 star freshmen. However, in this market when the parents act like 10 year olds that want to win now and associate winning trophies with "development", good luck!

I know I am taking a chance by going by the words of a poster whom I have never met. But taking his/her word for what they are....they got 7 new players....I wonder what happened to the players that played with the team all year until the state cup....they were just asked to stay home?
2 players were added before state cup. One of them being a goal keeper and the other being a forward/midfielder who had played with the team in most Summer tournaments and friendlies as well as train with the team throughout the year. The other players joined at the beginning of the year and were overlooked by top teams in their previous clubs. There were several players throughout the year that quit this team at different stages of the year as well as losing their best defender from the previous season to Slammers top team. This team had many challenges but the players came together and worked their butts off to accomplish this feat.

Back