2020 State Cup

Rankings is what makes the U9-U13 ages so fun and why the dads get hooked early on. I don;t care about rankings anymore but I really did back in the day. We had @Technician72 who went deep with each team and gave many reasons why he predicted the winners for each group. He knew his stuff. Today, I'm not sure he could pull it off but I know he would try :)
Ah the good 'ol days. I used to track and post the following:

• Rankings
    • Top Teams
    • Marquee Wins / Losses, Positions Climbed / Dropped
  • Tournament Tracker
    • Tournament Results Link
    • Team Name - Champion / Finalist
  • "Tech Specs"
    • Big Tournaments
    • State / National Cup
    • Dates / Fields
    • Groupings / Rankings
    • Narrative / Inside Scoop

The thing that was the most difficult to put together were the Tech specs. It was essentially painting a picture that was a culmination of what was happening on and off the field to craft a story of how games could play out, based on results and team insight. Gathering this information included doing so much outreach to parents / coaches from so many teams / clubs.

For all things mentioned above, I created templates / spreadsheets to make this process easier, but even then it was a pretty big haul. I always enjoyed the opportunity to write the tech specs. because it gave me to chance to do I what I really enjoyed, writing, but didn't chose as a profession.

With both my kids being older, the "fun" and "drama" being less prevalent, it really isn't conducive for doing write ups anymore. Maybe if I can convince my nephews to start playing club...either that or wait until grandkids start popping up, hopefully not anytime soon.

Ah the good 'ol days. I used to track and post the following:

• Rankings
    • Top Teams
    • Marquee Wins / Losses, Positions Climbed / Dropped
  • Tournament Tracker
    • Tournament Results Link
    • Team Name - Champion / Finalist
  • "Tech Specs"
    • Big Tournaments
    • State / National Cup
    • Dates / Fields
    • Groupings / Rankings
    • Narrative / Inside Scoop

The thing that was the most difficult to put together were the Tech specs. It was essentially painting a picture that was a culmination of what was happening on and off the field to craft a story of how games could play out, based on results and team insight. Gathering this information included doing so much outreach to parents / coaches from so many teams / clubs.

For all things mentioned above, I created templates / spreadsheets to make this process easier, but even then it was a pretty big haul. I always enjoyed the opportunity to write the tech specs. because it gave me to chance to do I what I really enjoyed, writing, but didn't chose as a profession.

With both my kids being older, the "fun" and "drama" being less prevalent, it really isn't conducive for doing write ups anymore. Maybe if I can convince my nephews to start playing club...either that or wait until grandkids start popping up, hopefully not anytime soon.
The secret sauce is out. Wow, that is so cool. I loved your writing btw and you have a gift. I was always told to slow down and right the right way. You also had to keep up with some of the club hoping (recruiting each year) and the goats that would leave one pasture for another every year :) @Sparky9 was very good with gathering information as was 808. Those things changed the rankings all the time. I truly appreciate the way you did them. It was super classy and fun. Ray and Rey would get pissed because his Eagles and Slammers Alvarez teams were always right there at the end but would fall short. You did best with the Legends combo teams. Fun times and maybe we both can come back when our grand kids are playing.

I guess everyone can watch the game the Eagles lost and decide for themselves if they played kickball.

Great game to watch. I had the privilege to watch a bit of the second half live but the whole game deserved to be watched. Eagles played a great first half, missing several chances. Rebels have a couple of very dangerous players up top and Eagles paid the price for a couple of mistakes that put the game away in a couple of minutes towards the end. Congratuations to Rebels but Eagles are still a great team without a doubt.

Great game to watch. I had the privilege to watch a bit of the second half live but the whole game deserved to be watched. Eagles played a great first half, missing several chances. Rebels have a couple of very dangerous players up top and Eagles paid the price for a couple of mistakes that put the game away in a couple of minutes towards the end. Congratuations to Rebels but Eagles are still a great team without a doubt.

Just to be clear, I posted the video because I thought it proved that the Eagles did NOT play kickball. To me, the result was due to the Eagles not being able to figure out how to overcome a defense that gave them no space to pass or shoot in their attacking half, AND the Eagles didn’t handle speedy forwards well that had some space to run. But they definitely didn’t play kickball at all.

He is referring to your handle. Ass itch. I would like to invite you to join USSR.
I would be honored to join USSR>>>:)....I work for a Gastronenterologist Office and we got a team together that plays futbol after work. That is the name of our team. Our uniform colors are brown with gray stripes and we play other crews in the professional building like the Chiropractic Gents, and GynecomastiaFC..........We have a match to play today at Southwestern!

I would be honored to join USSR>>>:)....I work for a Gastronenterologist Office and we got a team together that plays futbol after work. That is the name of our team. Our uniform colors are brown with gray stripes and we play other crews in the professional building like the Chiropractic Gents, and GynecomastiaFC..........We have a match to play today at Southwestern!

Do you consider it a derby when you play the Proctologist office?

My good friend is a part of a large law firm. They have a soccer team too and play against judges and some in the DA office. The Cops FC has a team too :) I will ask him what they call themselves.

Do you consider it a derby when you play the Proctologist office?
LOL!!.......Yes......Derby.......thats a good one............I get it......becvause of the Hemorrhoids. We played the Proctologist office one time, I think they were called " AssManFC", funny, there was Women Athletes on that team too. I think they won the Championship last year. Good team, they would always bring there tall Goalie up for corner kicks.

Games tomorrow, good luck to everyone!
GameVenueTimeFieldHome TeamScoreAway TeamScore
384419San Bernardino SC09:00 AMm03Rebels Soccer Club - G09 Elitevs.BYSC Corona G09
384423San Bernardino SC09:00 AMm04OC Surf G09 Hernandezvs.Liverpool SC - G2009 Red
384420San Bernardino SC10:40 AMm03Legends FC G09 FCvs.So Cal Blues G09 Rennie-Mulligan
384424San Bernardino SC10:40 AMm04SD Force FC Academy G2009- Allnuttvs.So Cal Blues G09 Vaught
384421San Bernardino SC12:20 PMm03CDA FC Slammers - Cerritos G09 Cruzvs.Fullerton Rangers G09 White
384425San Bernardino SC12:20 PMm04LAGSD G09 Pre Academy - Eckerlinvs.Slammers FC G09 PA
384422San Bernardino SC02:00 PMm03CDA FC Slammers - G09 Fortesvs.Beach FC LB G09 R. Perez
384426San Bernardino SC02:00 PMm04Albion SC G09 Academyvs.LAGSB 2009 Pre Academy

I guess everyone can watch the game the Eagles lost and decide for themselves if they played kickball.

That was a great game to watch. I normally don't watch more than couple minutes of other youth soccer games but watched this one all the way through. Some thanks to medicinal marijuana as well.

Both #7's from each team have a bright future. Wow!

Thanks for posting.

EDIT: Should have also mentioned the Rebels goalie!!!

Last edited:
Back