2020 State Cup

My vote on winning it all this year is the...... rest of teams.
We will have a new champion and it will not be Eagles, not Legends not Slammers PA and not CDA Slammers Cruz. Someone else is taking it.

I am gambling man. LOL

We will have a new champion and it will not be Eagles, not Legends not Slammers PA and not CDA Slammers Cruz. Someone else is taking it.

I am gambling man. LOL
An interesting discussion would be who folks pick when eliminating those mentioned. I would probably opt for a trifecta box with Slammers MF, Beach Perez, and Blues Rennie.

I am gambling man. LOL

I am not and therefore I put at 80% the chances of any of these 4 teams winning it all. let’s see if my proven track record of never guessing right continues...

Well I have no clue what will happen, no one knows, I think it may be a black horse who wins. All the surprises we saw in leagues and tournaments, it will be interesting. I will say don’t count any team out, it will come down to grit , who will prevail in these tough games.

Well I have no clue what will happen, no one knows, I think it may be a black horse who wins. All the surprises we saw in leagues and tournaments, it will be interesting. I will say don’t count any team out, it will come down to grit , who will prevail in these tough games.
I understand you point of view. I mean, they never did hand over the keys to the house to you after last year did they? :)

I understand you point of view. I mean, they never did hand over the keys to the house to you after last year did they? :)
hahahahahahaha, that's is funny, and NO they never came through with the house. I was hoping for a nice 4 bedroom in San Diego or even Irvine would have been nice. I cant remember who said that, do you?

hahahahahahaha, that's is funny, and NO they never came through with the house. I was hoping for a nice 4 bedroom in San Diego or even Irvine would have been nice. I cant remember who said that, do you?
It’s buried somewhere in last year’s season thread. Yeah – I would say San Diego is the way to go. North County. Perfect crash pad to avoid stay and play fees for state cup, surf cup, etc. Great launching pad within Uber distance of breweries. You’re really onto something.

It’s buried somewhere in last year’s season thread. Yeah – I would say San Diego is the way to go. North County. Perfect crash pad to avoid stay and play fees for state cup, surf cup, etc. Great launching pad within Uber distance of breweries. You’re really onto something.
Now your talking!!!! Beats staying in a hotel for 2 or 3 nights, We in Thousand Oaks, if not here, San Diego would be the place, very nice down there.

That was Soccerdude55 but it looks like he hasn’t been active for a while..

By looking at YSR rankings (as of today), this is how the groups are stacked in order of the average of the rankings of the teams in the bracket:

C 28.16
AB 27.97
J 27.96
D 27.43
E 27.40
F 27.29
G 27.09
H 26.91
I 26.80

State Cup weekend coming up! Everybody ready?

Heck ya! The parents are ready to shock the world and go all the way. There will be many who will say "who?" but we are going to go all the way.

The girls on the team are ready to disappoint their parents.

So shall I assume Lovelygoal is seeing a Slammers lock for the final? PA and Cruz? maybe TD or MF?
Hold on, I am on the phone right now talking to a team...

Darn! That was the fourth reject. I am having trouble putting together an All Star team for this thang. But the power of USSR will not be denied - two teams in the final 4 sounds about right.

Until the Eagles lose, I am not picking against them - they haven't lost in 2 years. I have seen them play multiple times in the last few months and let me just say "it ain't no fluke". They have everything they need and frankly, it would be kind of cool to have a three time defending champion. I like having one mighty team so that we know what to shoot for.

And there will be one team that will shock everyone and make it to the final 4. I am not talking a LAGSBPA1 type - they are already in top 7, it won't be a shock to see them. I am talking no one will even think about this team coming out of the group stage. And it won't be a fluke either. You watch.

Sounds like fanclub has a similar prediction. I didn't scroll high enough on the page. But I promise, my predictions were independently formed. It is just that great minds think alike.

Once we get to the final 4, it is a toss up. It is not even worth predicting. We will all be as blind as a bat.

Good luck to all teams. This is the final exam of the season. We will see who has been putting in the work to win this. Cheers!

Sounds like fanclub has a similar prediction. I didn't scroll high enough on the page. But I promise, my predictions were independently formed. It is just that great minds think alike.

Once we get to the final 4, it is a toss up. It is not even worth predicting. We will all be as blind as a bat.

Good luck to all teams. This is the final exam of the season. We will see who has been putting in the work to win this. Cheers!

My thoughts exactly, so many predictions, haters, last year. Someone bet their house, still trying to collect on that wager, wish me luck on that one lol.

I am looking forward to this year's State Cup, like I said a lot of teams are getting better, and keep in mind its soccer, anything can happen.

My prediction...……………………………………………..it will come down to the team with the most grit!!!!

Back