2020 State Cup

Eagles had 2 tied games in bracket play last year and ended up winning the championship game.
state cup is up in the air, some say that eagles were not the top team but they pulled out back to back state cup Championship games.
that being said and like I said the past 2 years, anything can happen. Don’t count any team out, the team that wins earned it. It won’t be easy, as the girls get older and teams get better it will come down to grit. Who wants it more, it’s up to these little girls and how bad they want to win. My opinion, it’s open to all the teams. I have no clue, I am excited to see who can go all the way in this talented state cup.
Good luck to everyone!!!!

To be the best you have to beat the best. Even in the NBA and Champions league you often times see the best two teams getting knocked out before the semi finals.
Not sure I agree with the analogy, but I see what you are saying. My dd's team has a different pathway.

I think you put to much weight on the fall season and not overall body of work.
I could be persuaded to agree. Would just need more detail on what we would consider overall body of work.

You can’t go too far back I don’t think. Teams are changing and would want to emphasize teams that know how to win now vs, say, 9 months ago.

Obviously tournaments - but Legends have a good story there. Definitely a contender in any I have tracked and I believe won their group at Premier Super Copa in TX.

Feel free to give more specifics. 2009 board has been relatively quiet lately.

Discussed was Albion/Eagles and Galaxy SB/Legends. I‘ll say back to back State Cups for Eagles gives them some body of work cred, but we are a year out from that.

Slammers Cruz and PA of course you would think would be given preferential treatment in a seeded tourney. What would be funny if folks took turns actually “seeding” this and coming up with ideal groups.

From experience, when there's only 3 teams in a bracket and they're not playing another bracket for position, the top two teams will move on. I think it happened in the 2009s last year too. The team that gets disadvantaged is the weakest team in the bracket because they don't have much room to gain points for wildcard positions. Link below to show bracket A only had 3 teams but advanced 2 out of 3:
No, that is not the correct example to use since the 09's only had 23 teams (16 advancing) last year. The example to use is the 08's last year where they had ten groups/40 teams (16 advancing) where ten group winners plus six wild card advance. https://cysa.affinitysoccer.com/tou...mentguid=736CB8A4-29BA-4CF3-9EEB-EC74F7E94383

Group A:
Eagles Soccer Club G2009
Albion SC G09 Academy
Sand and Surf SC - Girls 2009 Elite
Group B
TUSA Soccer Club - G2009
Rebels Soccer Club - G09 Elite
Real So Cal G09 Pre Academy II
Group C
Legends FC G09 FC
LAGSB 2009 Pre Academy
Real So Cal G09 Pre Academy I
Group D
So Cal Blues G09 Rennie-Mulligan
CDA FC Slammers - HB G09 Elite Crowley
SD Real Madrid Black G2009 (Martinez)
FC Golden State - G2009
Group E
CDA FC Slammers - Cerritos G09 Cruz
Liverpool SC - G2009 Red
AVSC STORM RED G09
NFFC G2009 RED
Group F
So Cal Blues G09 Vaught
CDA FC Slammers - G09 Fortes
Rebels Soccer Club - G09 Academy
LA Surf LC G09

Group G
Beach FC LB G09 R. Perez
OC Surf G09 Hernandez
BYSC Corona G09
DMCV Sharks G2009 - Wall
Group H
SD Force FC Academy G2009- Allnutt
Fullerton Rangers G09 White
LA Breakers G09
LAGSD G09 Pre Academy II - Magana
Group I
Slammers FC G2009 TD
LAGSD G09 Pre Academy - Eckerlin
Santa Barbara S.C. G2009Elite
Simi Valley S.C. Eclipse Blue
Group J
San Clemente Surf G09 Blue
Slammers FC G09 PA
PYSL Blast SC - Anderson G2009
San Diego SC G2009 Navy

Brackets were done both by seeding and blind draw.

5.6.3. The President and Governors Division for 11U and above will use the following Draw pattern: 5.6.3.1. In the 11U and above age brackets, the top16 teams from the previous year’s State Cup will be seeded. Remaining teams will be seeded via a “Blind Draw”.

Brackets were done both by seeding and blind draw.

5.6.3. The President and Governors Division for 11U and above will use the following Draw pattern: 5.6.3.1. In the 11U and above age brackets, the top16 teams from the previous year’s State Cup will be seeded. Remaining teams will be seeded via a “Blind Draw”.
Seems to explain a bit. My take is that Galaxy SB is victim of their own success in taking it to a whole new level this year compared with their group stage exit last year - and now coupled with Legends. Albion lost in round of 16 last year, so taking their league this year is discounted by that - and now coupled with Eagles.

Seems to explain a bit. My take is that Galaxy SB is victim of their own success in taking it to a whole new level this year compared with their group stage exit last year - and now coupled with Legends. Albion lost in round of 16 last year, so taking their league this year is discounted by that - and now coupled with Eagles.
Though wait - Legends exited in round of 16 too. I give up.

Full disclosure - we exited in group stage of Governor's last year, so we will take any path we are given and will smile while doing so. LOL

Group G
Beach FC LB G09 R. Perez
OC Surf G09 Hernandez
BYSC Corona G09
DMCV Sharks G2009 - Wall
Group H
SD Force FC Academy G2009- Allnutt
Fullerton Rangers G09 White
LA Breakers G09
LAGSD G09 Pre Academy II - Magana
Group I
Slammers FC G2009 TD
LAGSD G09 Pre Academy - Eckerlin
Santa Barbara S.C. G2009Elite
Simi Valley S.C. Eclipse Blue
Group J
San Clemente Surf G09 Blue
Slammers FC G09 PA
PYSL Blast SC - Anderson G2009
San Diego SC G2009 Navy
Wait a second! Can someone tell me why the San Diego Surf Academy Select G09 is not on the list. This list is not complete yet. I see a few other Teams missing also.

Wait a second! Can someone tell me why the San Diego Surf Academy Select G09 is not on the list. This list is not complete yet. I see a few other Teams missing also.
SD Surf and Arsenal had pending applications as of a few weeks ago...so there might be some changes.

Though wait - Legends exited in round of 16 too. I give up.
To the extent possible, two Round-of-16 teams from the previous year will not be placed in the same bracket unless there are fewer than 16 State Cup brackets. 5.6.3.3. If there are fewer than 16 brackets, no two Quarterfinalists from the previous year can be placed in the same bracket until every bracket has a Quarterfinalist.

SD Surf and Arsenal had pending applications as of a few weeks ago...so there might be some changes.
If they have pending applications either they signed up late or didn’t complete payment or something like that. They were most likely put on a wait list in case anyone dropped . Don’t think they will be making any changes unless someone drops. Happened to my 06 sons team last year and were screwed and didn’t get to play state cup last year.

If they have pending applications either they signed up late or didn’t complete payment or something like that. They were most likely put on a wait list in case anyone dropped . Don’t think they will be making any changes unless someone drops. Happened to my 06 sons team last year and were screwed and didn’t get to play state cup last year.
Did your son's team not pay or sign up late?

Did your son's team not pay or sign up late?
They paid and actually took them at least 6 months to refund the money after not being allowed to play . I think they had signed up but application might have not been completed because there was an issue on what level we were being placed in to my understanding .

Back