2020 State Cup

Overlooked by top 08 or 09 team at previous clubs? I have a hard time believing they were rejected by any 09 teams given their ability.

Good to see you are back and congrats on SuperCopa. It's a great list of teams with the exception of Real Jersey. Not sure what they are thinking. That's a lot of travel to get boat raced...

Overlooked by top 08 or 09 team at previous clubs? I have a hard time believing they were rejected by any 09 teams given their ability.
d

I suppose both. I am almost certain that one was at a prominent OC club on their 3rd team and was not offered a place on the top team prior to making the move to Legends . Another was on a bottom of the table Silver CSL team but was not being recruited by other clubs or by the good 08 team within that club and two came from other Legends teams. Every team needed to add at least 2-3 players as they transitioned form 7v7 to 9v9, this team just so happened to get the right mix of talent and competitiveness.

I think anyone who says that these teams win because of great/differentiated coaching is not really paying attention. Basically these teams have perfected the art of "one-and-dones". I go back to my previous post. In the scarce supply market, the Kentucky/Duke way definitely works. The rest of us better figure out how to be Villanova, Virginia, etc... It just took a few years for those teams to develop their Seniors that can beat the 5 star freshmen. However, in this market when the parents act like 10 year olds that want to win now and associate winning trophies with "development", good luck!

I know I am taking a chance by going by the words of a poster whom I have never met. But taking his/her word for what they are....they got 7 new players....I wonder what happened to the players that played with the team all year until the state cup....they were just asked to stay home?
Exactly!

No one is saying they won because of the coach. Legends won because their players prepared and performed better than their opponents in State Cup. The girls were prepared by their coach and they went out and executed. The team is very talented and did have 8 players get invited to ODP tryouts, but most if not all of those girls were not considered "top players" until this season. I'd say that the success of this team should be credited to the players, coach and the parents as well. We are the ones who provide these opportunities for the little superstars.

Back