2020 State Cup Predictions & Analysis

Great weekend, and congrats to the 8 teams that made it through. And, a special shout out to team #9, also with 4 points- Ole. They were a last minute goal away from making it out of the group of death. Here are my predictions for this upcoming weekend.

Albion 4-1 over MSA
Eagles 3-2 over Surf
SDSC 4-2 over Legends
Blues 3-0 over Slammers

Albion/Eagles tie 2-2, Eagles take it in PK’s
Blues 2-1 over SDSC

What do you guys think?

Great weekend, and congrats to the 8 teams that made it through. And, a special shout out to team #9, also with 4 points- Ole. They were a last minute goal away from making it out of the group of death. Here are my predictions for this upcoming weekend.

Albion 4-1 over MSA
Eagles 3-2 over Surf
SDSC 4-2 over Legends
Blues 3-0 over Slammers

Albion/Eagles tie 2-2, Eagles take it in PK’s
Blues 2-1 over SDSC

What do you guys think?

I like it. Going to be some great matchups. Is the eagles player suspended only that last game or another one as well?

Albion vs MSA :
-Albion advances with ease (easiest of the quarterfinals games)

eagles vs surf : 3-2
Surf (if eagles player is suspended)
Eagles (if player isn’t suspended)

Blues vs slammers Crowley
-Blues cruise to an easy 4-1 win

SDSC vs Legends
toughest matchup to decide I think for the quarters
- legends 2-1 or could see it going to pks and then flip a coin

I like it. Going to be some great matchups. Is the eagles player suspended only that last game or another one as well?

Albion vs MSA :

SDSC vs Legends
It’s a 2 games suspension for the eagles player.

@Jimmy213 I gotta say you nailed it with that 3rd wild card on your predictions. Pretty good.

You bet Veritas. This little MSA team is growing fast, they keep getting better and better every month and I would not be surprised if they challenge Albion and beat them. It would be bloody fantastic. I was quite surprised that Ole did not make it. Aside from them unable to compete against the mighty Blues, they did well against everyone else, and even surprised some of the favorites down south. Since you mentioned #2 on your post not clearing that ball, I had sent Luis Andres a message, asking him to give me details on what happened.

His response verbatim. "It just wasn't meant to be I guess. Fate was pulling her the other way already. She had a great game vs the Blues but blew that play at the end of the Surf game by not clearing a ball right and having it bounce back into the goal after hitting a Surf Player. And when the team blows a clear goal having an open shot in front of the net with the goalie out of position to make it 3-1 with 5 minutes left to get the W, then the powers that be will not pull their way. They gods will go against them. They have to. They missed the third wild card by just a goal and your MSA team made it instead. Oh Jimmy you bloody bastard you jinxed us lol"

You bet Veritas. This little MSA team is growing fast, they keep getting better and better every month and I would not be surprised if they challenge Albion and beat them. It would be bloody fantastic. I was quite surprised that Ole did not make it. Aside from them unable to compete against the mighty Blues, they did well against everyone else, and even surprised some of the favorites down south. Since you mentioned #2 on your post not clearing that ball, I had sent Luis Andres a message, asking him to give me details on what happened.

His response verbatim. "It just wasn't meant to be I guess. Fate was pulling her the other way already. She had a great game vs the Blues but blew that play at the end of the Surf game by not clearing a ball right and having it bounce back into the goal after hitting a Surf Player. And when the team blows a clear goal having an open shot in front of the net with the goalie out of position to make it 3-1 with 5 minutes left to get the W, then the powers that be will not pull their way. They gods will go against them. They have to. They missed the third wild card by just a goal and your MSA team made it instead. Oh Jimmy you bloody bastard you jinxed us lol"

@Jimmy213 how did they look vs SDSC?

winter cup last year one of our players was dragged down by her hair on a break away inside the box. No card, because the ref said they don't give out cards this young. Same tournament, my daughter got to a ball first and the other girl tripped over her, my daughter ended up getting a yellow. Ref admitted my daughter got to the ball first but gave a yellow because there was too much contact. So no consistency with calls and it depends on the ref.

@Jimmy213 how did they look vs SDSC?

My brother had said they played well vs Sdsc, at least defensively. Holding Sdsc to only 2 goals is an accomplishment in itself. I'm quite proud of their progress. No one has even given them a chance here and they have proven to be able to compete with anyone. Having competitive games vs Ole, Eagles and now Sdsc.

Here are my predictions for the rest of the state cup:

Albion - MSA || Albion wins 3-0
SC Blue - CDA Slammers HB || Blues wins 3-0
Eagles - SD Surf || Eagles wins 2-1
SDSC - Legends || SDSC wins 2-0

Albion - Eagles || Eagles win 2-0
Blues - SDSC || Blues win 2-1

Blues - Eagles || Blues win 2-1

Albion vs MSA :

SDSC vs Legends

Want to know what happened it is above. Every prediction spot on.

Albion vs MSA :

SDSC vs Legends
Weird... I swear it’s like I called every single game or something. Better go buy a lottery ticket and test my luck.

Congrats to the final four, and a special congratulations to SDSC as it sounds like this is the end of the road for them. They have been at or near the top of this age group for 3 years, and have been a class act when I’ve seen them. They should all be very proud. I look forward to seeing these girls continue with their new teams.

@SoftasPillows would you like to put your perfect record on the line and tell us what will happen tomorrow?

I’ve got Blues 3-2 and Albion 3-1. I know you will disagree with me on the first...

Congrats to the final four, and a special congratulations to SDSC as it sounds like this is the end of the road for them. They have been at or near the top of this age group for 3 years, and have been a class act when I’ve seen them. They should all be very proud. I look forward to seeing these girls continue with their new teams.

@SoftasPillows would you like to put your perfect record on the line and tell us what will happen tomorrow?

I’ve got Blues 3-2 and Albion 3-1. I know you will disagree with me on the first...

Agreed absolutely amazing team SDSC sad to see them all going their own ways.

tomorrow’s predictions

legends over blues
3-1
Surf over Albion
4-3

Back