2020 Spring Leagues and Tournaments

Jefferson Cup, the largest youth soccer tournament on the East Coast, has just been canceled due to the latest developments of Covid 19.

Supercopa in June should still be in play from a reliable source..By April this Covid 19 scare will settle down and hopefully life gets back to normalcy

I hate to say it, our club isn't going to see a penny of our money until the world is spinning on it's axis again. I would rather hire our coach for some training to keep his rent paid before I blindly send a four figure check to an organization I don't even know exist's after this shakes out.

last year they only gave 25% discount for this year. No refund.

Looks like they moved it to Labor Day, like that weekend doesn't have enough tournaments. It should be interesting to see how club sports are impacted by this "hard reset" that's going on throughout the world. I know its definitely not going to be a top priority for my family.

Looks like they moved it to Labor Day, like that weekend doesn't have enough tournaments. It should be interesting to see how club sports are impacted by this "hard reset" that's going on throughout the world. I know its definitely not going to be a top priority for my family.

So with the shit show going on with the GDA do you think there will be more confusion and movement even in the 2009 age group? I feel like maybe I should be thinking strategically. Thoughts?

If the question is “will all things remain unchanged when we resume playing”, my answer is... I don’t know. Helpful, right?!
Will all clubs survive this? Will coaches still be available? Will parents affected by the economy still be able to afford club? Lots of unknowns, really...

If the question is “will all things remain unchanged when we resume playing”, my answer is... I don’t know. Helpful, right?!
Will all clubs survive this? Will coaches still be available? Will parents affected by the economy still be able to afford club? Lots of unknowns, really...

Here's my assessment:
- DA going away impact to G09: Clearly competition will be extremely tough to get into an ECNL team for the G09 group. This is going to make Flight 1 even stronger as some of the players cant make it to ECNL. ECNL will have more teams in SoCal so it will be less travel. Problem is that this is a business so chances are price to get into ECNL will increase.

- Tournaments: I really thought that by August everything is going to be back to normal. We may not see any Summer tournaments and maybe even State Cup could get postponed/cancelled if we get a new wave of COVID-19 (very likely) next year.

- Leage Games: I think it will be business as usual or maybe delayed by 1 month.

- Folding Teams: Unfortunately I think that a lot of teams will fold or will have very few subs. Recruitment will be interesting in August . I think that CSL/SCDSL/Others, will need to allow clubs to add players through the day before season starts.

- Quality of Play: I think it's going to be very poor as you will see a lot of players gaining weight and trying to get back into fitness. Now is the time for our kids to stay fit and active to have an advantage over others that are static and not working out at home.

So with the shit show going on with the GDA do you think there will be more confusion and movement even in the 2009 age group? I feel like maybe I should be thinking strategically. Thoughts?
I don't think there would be that much movement right now even if COVID wasn't around with the changes going on with GDA. Reason being that ECNL starts at U13 and the 09 girls are starting the U12 season.

Back