2020 Spring Leagues and Tournaments

Not sure. We are in one of the few Pre-ECNL leagues but no games have been scheduled. Not really a surprise since we have a few teams in NJ who currently do not allow Maryland residents to visit without quarantine.

Our club is located in the only county in Maryland that does not allow games so all of our games will have to be away.
There are tournaments happening in Maryland and Pennsylvania however we have not entered any...

They’re are some quality clubs getting some tournament play within the next few weeks out here. The old Cedar Stars team who is now Match Fit Shore just played a tournament last weekend and won but it was against weak teams. Pipeline, Arlington, Lehigh Valley all have upcoming games.

Virginia has cancelled almost all tournaments. NJ and the NE has such stringent travel advisories that tournaments will be scarce.

The only thing that we will have in the Northeast is the EDP League. I hope you all out there get at least league play at some point as well!

It’s going to be hit and miss for the foreseeable future. I just hope it’s all over after the election no matter who wins.

Not sure if anyone would be interested but I will be streaming our game vs. Pipeline Pre-ECNL at +\- 8:45 PST followed by our game vs SAC Pre-GA.

Parents/Spectators are not allowed unless you are recording or Live Streaming (1 per each) so I am our teams “streamer”.

Since it is through YouTube, you will be able to cast to your big screen.

Disclaimer: My DD might get boat-raced by Pipeline as I think they will be on the rise if we ever get to play tournaments this season.

Link:

Our county just approved games which is great news!!!

DD got invited to play up with the 2008 ECNL I team over the weekend for a scrimmage in PA. It was her first time playing 11v11. Got plenty of action as we controlled most of the game. She played most of the game and did well.

In other news, Match Fit Shore won games against PDA, and SUSA over the weekend.

Our county just approved games which is great news!!!

DD got invited to play up with the 2008 ECNL I team over the weekend for a scrimmage in PA. It was her first time playing 11v11. Got plenty of action as we controlled most of the game. She played most of the game and did well.

In other news, Match Fit Shore won games against PDA, and SUSA over the weekend.
Great news Mars. Playing up is awesome!!! How did she like that 11 v11 field? Feeling like one of the older girls plus hanging is true goat bro. Nice!!!!!

Not sure if anyone would be interested but I will be streaming our game vs. Pipeline Pre-ECNL at +\- 8:45 PST followed by our game vs SAC Pre-GA.

Parents/Spectators are not allowed unless you are recording or Live Streaming (1 per each) so I am our teams “streamer”.

Since it is through YouTube, you will be able to cast to your big screen.

Disclaimer: My DD might get boat-raced by Pipeline as I think they will be on the rise if we ever get to play tournaments this season.

Link:
What is your equipment setup for YouTube live streaming?

Great news Mars. Playing up is awesome!!! How did she like that 11 v11 field? Feeling like one of the older girls plus hanging is true goat bro. Nice!!!!!

She enjoyed it very much. It suits her better because she has more straight line speed rather than quickness (working on that, lol). Her coach has already started the conditioning for 11v11. That she is not a fan of, haha.

and all their stimulus money is going to Utah, oh joy. I'm glad that Cali is helping out. Youth Soccer and watching your goat play soccer must be the most intoxicating event ever. I should know, I lived it. Good luck ladies in Utah :)
9 of 12 socal teams in the 09 age bracket. I think only 1 top 10 YSR ranking team is attending. I am surprised about not seeing more top teams.

Who is the top 10 YSR team? Maybe confusing teams? Utah is long drive from So Cal.
I meant to say when you look at youth soccer ranking for SoCal, I would have expected the top 10 teams to go to Utah for this tournament. Most of the 9 teams going are not in this top 10 list. Don’t get me wrong, the teams going are very competitive.

Newsom's new youth sports guidelines :

I assume that teams going to out of state tournaments will not have to comply with the new tougher California restrictions .
I don't think the state anticipated this and may do something to discourage it like maybe a 14 day quarantine or something
else similar . Enforcement might be an issue but that doesn't mean they won't try something .

California Practice restrictions like the new cohort max of 14 players and no moving players from one cohort to another will not
make it easy on older teams that usually carry 16 or more players . And teams will continue to have to practice with no contact .

On this forum I have read many posts saying that many teams or clubs were not following the old guidelines .

I wonder how the new tougher guidelines will be received and will work out ?

Newsom's new youth sports guidelines :

I assume that teams going to out of state tournaments will not have to comply with the new tougher California restrictions .
I don't think the state anticipated this and may do something to discourage it like maybe a 14 day quarantine or something
else similar . Enforcement might be an issue but that doesn't mean they won't try something .

California Practice restrictions like the new cohort max of 14 players and no moving players from one cohort to another will not
make it easy on older teams that usually carry 16 or more players . And teams will continue to have to practice with no contact .

On this forum I have read many posts saying that many teams or clubs were not following the old guidelines .

I wonder how the new tougher guidelines will be received and will work out ?
Hopefully with a giant FU!

So I’m really curious what kind of changes your SoCal teams will see roster and results wise once things get back to order.

We scrimmaged Arlington Red (#16 in the US) yesterday and won 7-1. I found it really hard to believe this was the same team...I ended up talking to one of the parents who let me know they lost their 3 top players after the fall of the DA. One player moved up to 2008 and the other two moved to an ECNL club.

Youth Soccer seems like the Free Agency NFL out here right now. Or the NFL vs USFL. Total Global Sports also seems to be growing and taking some GotSoccer’s market.

Seems like it’s going to be awhile before things get sorted out. I know, I know, rankings meant nothing but it was still fun to watch and will continue to be, at least for some!

Depends on how far west! Colorado, Texas, Utah, Nevada, Arizona are either playing league games or hosting scrimmages.

California - driving to aforementioned states to scrimmage.
Thanks for the update. I hope you guys get back at it soon!

We are somewhat back to normal out here. We have played two Pre-ECNL games. What is interesting is instead of calling it Pre-ECNL they created a U12 ECNL RL division.

Back