2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

Let me be first to make the prediction that the UCLA kneelers will not win a national championship in 2019. The big game choke fest by a certain player will continue.

Already rumors of transfers in the WCC! I'm waiting patiently for Pepperdine to announce their incoming players...but I'll probably have to wait a few more weeks. Spring schedule starts in a little over two weeks!

Already rumors of transfers in the WCC! I'm waiting patiently for Pepperdine to announce their incoming players...but I'll probably have to wait a few more weeks. Spring schedule starts in a little over two weeks!

transfers to pepperdine? They lost some really good seniors. BYU will run the table with Portland and USF right up there.

transfers to pepperdine? They lost some really good seniors. BYU will run the table with Portland and USF right up there.

I love how you say nothing about Santa Clara, revealing your true nature as a pot-stirrer.

USF might not be as strong as they were last year....and rumor has it that St. Mary's will also take a hit.

Edited to add that it is now public on social media, Pepperdine will get a transfer from St. Mary's starting lineup in the form of a WCC all conference centerback.

Last edited:
I saw that...via instagram I think....
Always some movement at this time of year....wish all the best to those making difficult decisions, it can't be easy.

It is never easy and why players and their families should pick the school first and realistically assess where they stand in the pecking order and decide based upon where their priorities lie.

I love how you say nothing about Santa Clara, revealing your true nature as a pot-stirrer.

USF might not be as strong as they were last year....and rumor has it that St. Mary's will also take a hit.

Then I will say it. Santa Clara graduated their two most key players. Lowder was a beast in the net and always bailed them out against the top teams. Sanchez got drafted and was their playmaker and I predict that she is going to be an excellent pro. Pepperdine should be favored to win the conference although BYU won't be far behind. This year the WCC will get 3 teams in. Unfortunately 2 of them will end up with either UCLA, Stanford or $C in their bracket for the round of 16...

Then I will say it. Santa Clara graduated their two most key players. Lowder was a beast in the net and always bailed them out against the top teams. Sanchez got drafted and was their playmaker and I predict that she is going to be an excellent pro. Pepperdine should be favored to win the conference although BYU won't be far behind. This year the WCC will get 3 teams in. Unfortunately 2 of them will end up with either UCLA, Stanford or $C in their bracket for the round of 16...

Fantasy my friend, pure fantasy. Santa Clara had four players named to the first team all conference list last year. They only lose one of them (Sanchez). SC's best player, Hedge, was also the WCC player of the year (not one of the two most key players?). She returns, along with Turnbow, and Lorea. SC also has two very good freshman midfielders returning, along with the Gatorade HS player of the year coming in to play defense. Pepperdine had the best goalkeeper in the league last year and her name wasn't Lowder. Like Lowder, the Pepperdine goalkeeper is graduating along with Harbison and Settles. Pepperdine has some very good young players, but they will struggle to keep up.

Fantasy my friend, pure fantasy. Santa Clara had four players named to the first team all conference list last year. They only lose one of them (Sanchez). SC's best player, Hedge, was also the WCC player of the year (not one of the two most key players?). She returns, along with Turnbow, and Lorea. SC also has two very good freshman midfielders returning, along with the Gatorade HS player of the year coming in to play defense. Pepperdine had the best goalkeeper in the league last year and her name wasn't Lowder. Like Lowder, the Pepperdine goalkeeper is graduating along with Harbison and Settles. Pepperdine has some very good young players, but they will struggle to keep up.

You forgot to mention that Turnbow also won WCC Freshman of the year. Very Very good squad that Pepp put to bed two years in a row. I think they will keep up. I've heard the next GK up is pretty good.

You forgot to mention that Turnbow also won WCC Freshman of the year. Very Very good squad that Pepp put to bed two years in a row. I think they will keep up. I've heard the next GK up is pretty good.

How did Pepperdine do in the tournament last year? I forgot that too . . .

Pepp loses 2 kids to the NWSL, both were very good. SC loses 1. I think the loses are heavier with Pepperdine.

Pepperdine goes to USF and SC. Tough road. The St. Mary’s transfer won’t help. There was no player on that Gael team that is better than middle of the row Pepp players.

2019 it will be BYU and a battle for a 2nd spot between USF, SC and Portland. Pepp almost in there.

San Diego, Pacific and Loyola will battle for middle of the road.

Gonzaga (who had heavy losses) and St. Mary’s (Who have a lame duck coach and lost one of their better players to transfer) will bring up the rear.

Lowder had 8 saves against North Carolina and 13 against Stanford. They were 1-0-1 against 2 College Cup teams because of some pretty outstanding goalkeeping on her part.

I look forward to seeing both teams this season and hope both of them only lose one game.

Back