2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

Pepperdine, Iowa, Colorado, Harvard and Arizona are the last 5 teams in based upon my math. Texas, Utah, Oregon State, Tennessee and Ole Miss are the last five out.

My seeds would look like this:

#1 Stanford, North Carolina, Virginia, UCLA
#2 Florida State, U$C, South Carolina, Arkansas
#3 BYU, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Wisconsin
#4 Brown, Rutgers, Duke, Texas Tech

Good luck to the PAC 12 bubble teams Colorado, Arizona, Utah and Oregon State plus Pepperdine.

That one touch to the top rt corner by the freshman was crazy and the USC keeper made a great save or two.
Lots of skill on that field.

She is starting to figure out her role on the team. To hold up play, pressure a team's backline and put the ball in the back of the net. With Sanchez, Fleming and Rodriguez feeding her she is likely to score another 5 goals in the playoffs. She deserves PAC 12 freshman of the year but Anderson the keeper from Cal is going to get it along with 1st team all PAC 12.

Looks likely. It will definitely be challenging. Too bad the game can't be in a real stadium.;)

Your players will like the pitch. It is excellent and very WIDE. I like the intimate setting. It's going to be a great opportunity for Fullerton. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If they come out and attack like they did against CSUN they will have a good chance to pull off the upset. They are catching the Bruins at the wrong time though. They are starting to believe that they can make it back to the championship game.

Pepperdine, Iowa, Colorado, Harvard and Arizona are the last 5 teams in based upon my math. Texas, Utah, Oregon State, Tennessee and Ole Miss are the last five out.

My seeds would look like this:

#1 Stanford, North Carolina, Virginia, UCLA
#2 Florida State, U$C, South Carolina, Arkansas
#3 BYU, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Wisconsin
#4 Brown, Rutgers, Duke, Texas Tech

Good luck to the PAC 12 bubble teams Colorado, Arizona, Utah and Oregon State plus Pepperdine.
According to Chris Thomas' projections, UCLA will be a #2 seed:

According to Chris Thomas' projections, UCLA will be a #2 seed:

And according to his projection Florida State will get the last #1 seed. If you dig deeper into the numbers though you will see that UCLA has better results than Florida State (who has zero wins against RPI top 10 teams and lost to UCLA head to head). It will be close but I have a good feeling about it. We will know starting at 1:30pm. Good luck to you and your player. I really hope that she gets her first chance to play in the tournament.

I do love that nobody is talking about the Bruins. They are going to sneak up on some teams. Outside of Stanford and Florida State, the other top teams have no idea how good the team is. It hurts them in the rankings that their games are so late but it helps that people don't get to see how good they are.

Top 50 RPI wins:

Florida State 7
Arkansas 5
South Carolina 6
UCLA 7

Top 25 RPI Wins

Florida State 2
Arkansas 3
South Carolina 2
UCLA 5

Top 10 RPI Wins

Florida State 0
Arkansas 1
South Carolina 2
UCLA 2

UCLA has the head to head over Florida State and South Carolina beat Arkansas twice. Either South Carolina or UCLA will get the last #1 seed and you can bank on that....

And according to his projection Florida State will get the last #1 seed. If you dig deeper into the numbers though you will see that UCLA has better results than Florida State (who has zero wins against RPI top 10 teams and lost to UCLA head to head). It will be close but I have a good feeling about it. We will know starting at 1:30pm. Good luck to you and your player. I really hope that she gets her first chance to play in the tournament.

FSU does not deserve a #1 seed.

FSU does not deserve a #1 seed.

I agree. They have not beaten a single RPI top 10 opponent. They have lost to 4 of the other teams in the top 8 of the RPI and the other three they just haven't played. They are the least deserving of a #1 seed among the top 7. and have lost to 3 of the top 7.

I do love that nobody is talking about the Bruins. They are going to sneak up on some teams. Outside of Stanford and Florida State, the other top teams have no idea how good the team is. It hurts them in the rankings that their games are so late but it helps that people don't get to see how good they are.

I like how they're playing, but I just don't believe they will get a favorable draw, which will make getting out of the top 8 that much harder. Blame that on the losses to Santa Clara, Arizona, and Cal. Never say never though, as long as they don't get snow again.

I like how they're playing, but I just don't believe they will get a favorable draw, which will make getting out of the top 8 that much harder. Blame that on the losses to Santa Clara, Arizona, and Cal. Never say never though, as long as they don't get snow again.

I am hoping that with enough positive thinking it will happen.

She is starting to figure out her role on the team. To hold up play, pressure a team's backline and put the ball in the back of the net. With Sanchez, Fleming and Rodriguez feeding her she is likely to score another 5 goals in the playoffs. She deserves PAC 12 freshman of the year but Anderson the keeper from Cal is going to get it along with 1st team all PAC 12.

Curious how you assess someone other than Cal's GK more deserving of FOY. She sort of single-handedly turned that team around and was maybe the most impactful player in the conference (maybe Marcario - who is certainly the best player - but even w/o Marcario, Stanford is pretty loaded; take out Anderson and Cal is pretty ordinary). Taking nothing away from UCLA's super frosh (who is excellent) but that's an incredibly talented group of players and it would remain so w/o her in the lineup.

Back