2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

Then answer the questions

Before you can decide what a "shot on goal" is, you must define what a "shot" is. How about an attempt at a crossing pass that the keeper knocks in accidentally - is that a shot (and thus a shot on goal) or an own-goal?

I have observed that there is a lot of scorekeeper subjectivity defining shots, shots on goal, own-goals, etc. A hard shot that a defender gets just enough of a touch on to deflect it past his keeper who is otherwise well-positioned to make a save - is that a shot? a shot on goal? an own-goal?

My math says that Fullerton and San Diego State will get to play $C and UCLA in the first round should they win their conference tournaments. I would love to watch a Fullerton/$C game. I’m sure that it would be wide open.

Anybody as surprised as I was that $C came out in a 5 back set? I wasn’t surprised by the kickball but them playing like a scared U10 team (other than Hocking who is the real deal) was pretty crazy to watch.

Stanford is playing amazing soccer right now and is the clear favorite to win it all.

Anybody as surprised as I was that $C came out in a 5 back set? I wasn’t surprised by the kickball but them playing like a scared U10 team (other than Hocking who is the real deal) was pretty crazy to watch.

Stanford is playing amazing soccer right now and is the clear favorite to win it all.
Bud if you only knew haha. It was actually a 4-5-1 which would indicate we were afraid, we were going to bunker in and hope for a counter. Pathetic. UCLA was far the better team, their possession was the best of the year enhanced due to SC's tactics.

My dd’s freshmen season is over. She lost to Hofstra in league championship game. From ACL/meniscus surgery on Feb 26th and likely redshirting to starting the second half of the Championship game its been a wild ride. The future is bright and I can’t wait till 2020!

Trojans were missing the one two punch of TM up top with PH...however even with that being said UCLA was firing on all cylinders and are peaking at just the right time...also so happy for Pepperdine, they needed to win out these last few games and they did!! Keeping fingers crossed for Fullerton as well...looking forward to Monday draw and the tourney!! Just please stay healthy DD's!!!

I thought I heard it from Pac 12 announcer -- something about she took at knock (maybe to her leg/knee?) and they were keeping her out for this game but will be back for post season play....someone please correct me if I'm wrong though (I may have missed part of explanation, was also in the middle of trying to make dinner- lol!)

I thought I heard it from Pac 12 announcer -- something about she took at knock (maybe to her leg/knee?) and they were keeping her out for this game but will be back for post season play....someone please correct me if I'm wrong though (I may have missed part of explanation, was also in the middle of trying to make dinner- lol!)
Out 3-4 weeks

Trojans were missing the one two punch of TM up top with PH...however even with that being said UCLA was firing on all cylinders and are peaking at just the right time...also so happy for Pepperdine, they needed to win out these last few games and they did!! Keeping fingers crossed for Fullerton as well...looking forward to Monday draw and the tourney!! Just please stay healthy DD's!!!

The gap between the two on InStat was pretty significant. UCLA connected twice as many passes and had more than twice as much of the possession. They made $C look horrible. Outside of Hocking the $C players seemed scared and overmatched.

I just hope that they put Stanford and UCLA on opposite sides of the bracket so that we can get an all PAC 12 final. Stanford can have North Carolina and the Bruins can have Virginia.

Good luck to you and your player!

The gap between the two on InStat was pretty significant. UCLA connected twice as many passes and had more than twice as much of the possession. They made $C look horrible. Outside of Hocking the $C players seemed scared and overmatched.

I just hope that they put Stanford and UCLA on opposite sides of the bracket so that we can get an all PAC 12 final. Stanford can have North Carolina and the Bruins can have Virginia.

Good luck to you and your player!
I love the confidence Map. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. One game at a time. Go Bruins!!!! Pepperdine and CSUF and few others might have a say in this too :) Good luck to all the girls playing college ball, whatever style it may be, possession, kickball, survival ball and my favorite, smash mouth ball. Whatever style your team plays, play with heart and passion. Go Soccer!!!!

I love the confidence Map. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. One game at a time. Go Bruins!!!! Pepperdine and CSUF and few others might have a say in this too :) Good luck to all the girls playing college ball, whatever style it may be, possession, kickball, survival ball and my favorite, smash mouth ball. Whatever style your team plays, play with heart and passion. Go Soccer!!!!

Once the postseason comes it becomes a game of the haves and the have nots and unfortunately for some the same conferences win the lions share of the national championships. Make no mistake that a PAC 12 or an ACC team will be hoisting the hardware when it is all over.

The Bruins have only lost one postseason game in my kid’s career and that was to Stanford two years ago in the National Championship game. This year feels like another college cup year.

Back