2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

Tonight's crosstown showdown UCLA vs USC, who's going?

UCLA-Bruins-Rivalry-Button-Pin--456x456.jpeg

A team like Arkansas. Protect vs. kickball and allow them possess. Chances are the
A kid has a clear shot from the 6 and hits it over. Scoring chance? SOG? Another kid drills one from just outside the 18, hits the woodwork. Scoring chance? SOG? A third kid hits an optimistic ball from 35 that bounces weakly to the GK. Scoring chance? SOG?

I think your understanding of soccer statistics could use some help.
??? SOG is SOG. What are u talking about.

We live in SEC/Big 12 country and feel like most of these schools play athletic kick ball. Can't stand to watch Arkansas, but watched them play SEC semi and much prefer Florida's style of play. Love the way UCLA and Stanford play. My DD wants to play in college but get out of this area. What are some of the schools outside of those two conferences (east or west coast, or northern US) that play good possession-oriented soccer? Also outside the top 25-30 ranked teams.
Off the top of my head:

Wake Forest
Georgetown
Michigan
University of San Diego

Unfortunately there are maybe 10-11 true possession teams in the country and most of them are in the top 10-15. Good luck to you and your player.
I think a lot of teams try to play possession but it just doesn’t turn out that way.

Is that Nonsense there are more, or there are less possession teams? If more, many of us would love to hear what teams they are.

"Possession" is what your youth coach says they are working on when they lose most of their games.

There are reportedly ways to measure a quantity called "possession" in college and professional teams, although there doesn't seem to be an agreement on what it is or how it is to be measured.

It would be interesting to see a thorough analysis of "possession" (however one chooses to define and measure it) vs. WLT records.

A team like Arkansas. Protect vs. kickball and allow them possess. Chances are the

??? SOG is SOG. What are u talking about.

There is some degree of subjectivity in that some person has to decide which efforts are shots and/or shots on goal. Those quantities are reported, but not clearly defined in any authoritative source such as LOTG, NCAA rules, or NFHS rules.

And you watch teams play? I will bet you $100 that you haven't seen all of those teams play a full game this season. You are such a contrarian Magoo.... That is why I have your dumb ass blocked. Carry on with your willful ignorance Magoo.

You have me "blocked" but you are responding to me anyway.

My disaqreement was not with any of the teams in question, but with the whole concept of "possession" as if it were an objective characteristic.

Great tourney in Big Ten. Michigan knocks of Rutgers 2-1 in OT. Another strong defensive effort. Will face Penn State in the Championship on Sunday. Both teams working their way up the RPI.

"Possession" is what your youth coach says they are working on when they lose most of their games.

There are reportedly ways to measure a quantity called "possession" in college and professional teams, although there doesn't seem to be an agreement on what it is or how it is to be measured.

It would be interesting to see a thorough analysis of "possession" (however one chooses to define and measure it) vs. WLT records.
Just win baby!!!

Back