2019/2020 Fall Seasons update

This list is from December...just 3 CA teams on the list.

TEAM
CITY
STATE
STATUS
1)CEDAR STARS ACADEMY MONMOUTH 2009G GREEN
Trinton Falls​
NJ​
Committed​
2)CFJ SOUTH 09G PREMIER
Chicago​
IL​
Committed​
3)CULM 09G ATLETICO MADRID
West Chester​
OH​
Committed​
4)DKSC BONES
Dallas​
TX​
Committed​
5)DKSC VOUTIER
Dallas​
TX​
Committed​
6)DALLAS COSMOS 09G BLACK
Dallas​
TX​
Committed​
7)G2009 WEST SLAMMERS
Tustin​
CA​
Committed​
8)LEHIGH VALLEY UNITED BLACK
Allentown​
PA​
Committed​
9)PLAYERS SC 2009 GIRLS ELITE
Las Vegas​
NV​
Committed​
10)SEATTLE UNITED COPA
Seattle​
WA​
Committed​
11)SOLAR SRSA ULTRA
Dallas​
TX​
Committed​
12)SOLAR SRSA BOOST
Dallas​
TX​
Committed​
13)TFA G09 ELITE
Cincinnati​
OH​
Committed​
14)TENNESSEE SC 09G PREMIER BLUE
Franklin​
TN​
Committed​
15)ALBION SC ACADEMY
San Diego​
CA​
Pending​
16)INTERNATIONALS SC RED
Medina​
OH​
Pending​
17)LIVERPOOL SC RED
San Diego​
CA​
Pending​
18)RISE SC 09 GIRLS ELITE I
Houston​
TX​
Pending​

Liverpool's tournaments budget must be pretty hefty. They are at every possible major tournament, in and out of state! :oops:

Agree with JSoccer, would be good to see PDA at Super Copa. Too many Texas teams going, the event needs to get more representation outside of CA and TX to have a “national” feel. But, still great to get teams together for different comp and experience

PDA (Players Development Academy) is hands down the top club on the East Coast. The reason why is the fact that they have access to New York City and Eastern Pennsylvania. This area is not nearly as diluted as SoCAL. Only a handful of good clubs in the NYC area. That said, they have absolutely no reason to not have a top team every year. Both Tobin Heath and Heather O'Reilly are products of the system.

I am not a big fan of PDA, but know many of the 2009 girls playing there and my DD has played against them. It is an unfair advantage to have access to such a large population. Some parents drive over an hour each way if they're child makes the top team. PDA does not allow players to guest play at other clubs or do smaller tournaments unless a PDA coach is somehow involved.

I will say Cedar Stars is also one of the top and hangs with PDA in just about every game. They did well at least year's Super Copa and will be attending once again.

Lastly, the same Texas team that won Surf Cup will be competing in the East Coast's biggest youth tournament in March, Jefferson Cup. Both Lehigh and Cedar Stars are entered and somehow, Solar Angelone was put in the same bracket as Cedar Stars to start. That was probably a big mistake by the committee as one of those teams will be eliminated early.

EDIT: Just looked, and they moved Cedar Stars and Solar Angelone into different brackets. Good job by the committee there.

Last edited:
Marspeed, what is your opinon why PDA will not play in any national tournaments ? What are they afraid of if they consider themselves a a top U-11G team? Sure like to see them at Supercopa this year......Another team who never plays any BIG GIRL tournaments is Nationals Macomb Black....Not sure how these teams can be ranked in top 10 when they hardly play any national tournaments....

Heard Voutier was supposed to go to Jefferson Cup, but ended up conflicted. Too bad, would have been good to see them vs Lehigh. I guess this is one of the last years it matters given all these teams will start changing with ECNL and DA starting up in a few years.

It's a hard sell to have families spend a lot of money to travel across the country for a U-littles tournament...especially if they have good competition in their backyard. To Sam's point we have DA and ECNL showcases to look forward to for comparison against teams from across the country.

It's a hard sell to have families spend a lot of money to travel across the country for a U-littles tournament...especially if they have good competition in their backyard. To Sam's point we have DA and ECNL showcases to look forward to for comparison against teams from across the country.
EXCEPT for Goats of course. I am still working on shaping this fundraiser. We just need to see if lovelygoal in his/her advanced age would agree to maybe a less violent arm wrestle and whether that would have similar appeal. Also - a shift in venue due to Troy not being available presents its complications.

I heard if this comes together, MARspeed will be getting the East Coast All Star team together and related fundraising efforts. He's volunteering to be in a dunk tank so word is it's going to be a HUGE seller - people flying in from SoCal and NTX to get their shots in. :p

Marspeed, what is your opinon why PDA will not play in any national tournaments ? What are they afraid of if they consider themselves a a top U-11G team? Sure like to see them at Supercopa this year......Another team who never plays any BIG GIRL tournaments is Nationals Macomb Black....Not sure how these teams can be ranked in top 10 when they hardly play any national tournaments....
So Macomb played Lehigh last fall along with some other East Coast teams I am familiar with. IMO they are overrated...Lehigh is also a bit overrated where IMO Cedar Stars, SUSA, and PDA are better teams. Why Lehigh gets the results is because they are hands down, the most physical team I have seen play. Have seen my DD play against them multiple times. After U12, girls quickly move as there is no DA or ECNL offering at Lehigh.

As for PDA, I am not sure why they aren’t doing Jeff Cup. They did last year. I actually can’t find any Spring tournaments they have entered? But the elder ECNL teams do plenty of tournaments. I know they only like to do only what is required to eliminate “bad beats”. I was surprised they did that international tournament. I think PDA is #1 in 4 out of 8 age groups in Region I on YSR and if not #1 they are in top 5...

EXCEPT for Goats of course. I am still working on shaping this fundraiser. We just need to see if lovelygoal in his/her advanced age would agree to maybe a less violent arm wrestle and whether that would have similar appeal. Also - a shift in venue due to Troy not being available presents its complications.

I heard if this comes together, MARspeed will be getting the East Coast All Star team together and related fundraising efforts. He's volunteering to be in a dunk tank so word is it's going to be a HUGE seller - people flying in from SoCal and NTX to get their shots in. :p
Wish I could! Since we switched clubs over the break, I have decided to discontinue my hopes and dreams of winning one of the top U11 girls tournaments. I cry myself to sleep every night!

As for the dunk tank, I am happy to volunteer with a guest spot for DD on the GOATs squad.

As for the dunk tank, I am happy to volunteer with a guest spot for DD on the GOATs squad.

It is going to take a lot more than a short stint in a dunk tank to get your daughter into something as prestigious as the GOATs. From what I heard, an entry into GOAT FC is as shrouded in mystery as an entry into the Barkley Marathon. There isn't even a published email address to which you can send your resume. You need a highlight video longer than 20 minutes and somehow get the GOAT FC people to notice it. Your daughter used a wrong foot in one of the clips? You better be able to explain it. You need your daughter to breakdown an EPL match from the past weekend - tactics, personnel usage, everything! I have basically given up and I didn't look into it further.

If it will raise enough money for a good cause, I will do an all-in Sudoku match. But it better be inside with air conditioning since I have sun-light sensitivity. What was I competing for, again?

RIP Kobe Mamba Bryant

Wish I could! Since we switched clubs over the break, I have decided to discontinue my hopes and dreams of winning one of the top U11 girls tournaments. I cry myself to sleep every night!

Sounds tempting to me, but the powers that be would have to greenlight any such matters. I am pretty low on the totem pole.

Rumor has it the fundraising committee is in negotiations with Luis Andres for the dunk tank, but that’s stretching out. In addition to a guest spot for his DD to play up, he’s looking for a cut of the action. Also – cost structure is completely altered at that point. You’re dealing with crowd control, switchback line queues, extra parking lots, shuttles, etc.

My DD put me through the pain of watching Bournemouth and Watford that she recorded last week....

Hmmmm, what if I agree to bring an old school boombox and play California Love and California Gurls on loop non-stop at every other game that does not involve a California team? I don't know what the outcome would be, but I am sure it would not be pretty.

After speaking with some parents over the weekend there was a big shakeup with Lehigh Valley over the break. It's two top players moved to Cedar Stars...Doesn't really affect you until Super Copa.

Also screws up my PDA prediction. I think Cedar Stars is better than PDA with its additions.

As for Lehigh, I hope they strongly think about backing out of Super Copa. I don't even think they are a top 50 team anymore. They are going to drop like a rock.

That said, D'feeters will be #1 by July 31st, 2020 unless a one of the SoCal teams can make a strong run.

Back