2019/2020 Fall Seasons update

Where are our friends from the SD side of the house? Been interesting how things have formed up over there. Liverpool used to be the team to beat...but I think this is the year where SD Surf makes the transition from being everybody's whipping boy to being a top team (similar to how Surf 08's have been improving). Albion and SD Force look solid...and looks like Scripps make some improvements and is competing?
CB at Surf and MW at Albion are two of the best developers of players and possession soccer I’ve seen in SoCal. I’m sure at some point their teams in this age group will make some waves.

Only a few results have been posted, but this is what we have so far:

in Coast:

FULLERTON RANGERS G09 WHITE 4 TEAM USA 2
CC AZTECS G09 0 SIMI VALLEY ECLIPSE BLUE 1
APPLE VALLEY STORM REDG09 0 BYSC CORONA G09 0

in SCDSL
Legends FC G09 FC 1-0 So Cal Blues G09 Mulligan-Rennie
Slammers FC G09 TD 4-0 Legends FC G09 Gold
Slammers FC G09 PA 2-1 So Cal Blues G09 Vaught
LA Galaxy South Bay Girls 2009 Pre Academy I 3-2 Real So Cal G2009 Pre-Academy II

@Venantsyo is it just me or is this year the year of anything can happen.
I am looking forward to the Eagles vs Rangers next weekend. That should be a good game.
Down south I am seeing a lot of upsets per say, very interesting

@Venantsyo is it just me or is this year the year of anything can happen.
I am looking forward to the Eagles vs Rangers next weekend. That should be a good game.
Down south I am seeing a lot of upsets per say, very interesting

"Almost" anything ;)

I believe the move to 9v9 has been kinder to certain teams more than to others, with the effect of tightening things a bit at the top. We are seeing some more unpredictability in games and that makes this season even more interesting.

@Venantsyo whats your thoughts on next weekends game against the eagles?

I have been a true fan of Eagles G09 since the first time I saw them in State Cup 2 years ago. You don't win back to back State Cups by chance, so to me they are still the benchmark in this age group for their consistency, due to their combination of athleticism and soccer skills.
That said, I don't think Rangers are at that level yet. I am just hoping we will make the game somewhat challenging for you but coming away with less than 3/4 goal difference could be considered an achievement...

I have been a true fan of Eagles G09 since the first time I saw them in State Cup 2 years ago. You don't win back to back State Cups by chance, so to me they are still the benchmark in this age group for their consistency, due to their combination of athleticism and soccer skills.
That said, I don't think Rangers are at that level yet. I am just hoping we will make the game somewhat challenging for you but coming away with less than 3/4 goal difference could be considered an achievement...

I agree 9v9 has proven to be the year we see this change in results, I haven’t been able to figure out why, is it the leveling out of players or too many kids on the small field. Time will tell, it is awesome seeing no more of the double digit blowouts.

in regards to the Your Rangers, I have also been following, you guys seem to be the team to beat in CSL, Eagles and Rangers have not met on the field yet. After our game last weekend against Golden State, I told my daughter never count out any team . Like I said our girls have been tested and won tough games, 2 State cups but what I am seeing, never doubt any team now.
Our girls seem to play at the competition they play, not so sure that’s good. Now a days it could be a 1 point game.

I will say we do have some alpha girls that have winning mindset, which you know you can’t coach, just have to channel them.

I think next weekend will be a great game, your team will rise to the game. I am hoping for a great game. Also I would like to say hi to you at the game, let’s make that happen.

The worst offender is silverlakes at this age, totally unacceptable in my opinion.
I would say it depends on the style of play your team is playing. If you play possession type soccer the field size has an impact but not as much if your team plays direct boot ball to a forward. I believe every team needs to be taught all styles of play because depending on the game or situation it could call for either style

I would say it depends on the style of play your team is playing. If you play possession type soccer the field size has an impact but not as much if your team plays direct boot ball to a forward. I believe every team needs to be taught all styles of play because depending on the game or situation it could call for either style

I agree that a team should be able to play any and all types of styles....but in that case with 11v11 you are usually changing your style based on the flow of the game, formation, and style of the opposing team....in 9v9 it is the small field not the opposing team that more often than not will dictate the style which is where I feel the problems arise...

I agree that a team should be able to play any and all types of styles....but in that case with 11v11 you are usually changing your style based on the flow of the game, formation, and style of the opposing team....in 9v9 it is the small field not the opposing team that more often than not will dictate the style which is where I feel the problems arise...
I would still have to disagree that field size has that much of an impact. If your team could move the ball the size of the field doesn’t carry that big of an impact because your not sending a ball over the top and expecting a bigger, faster player to be able to run it down and get a shot on goal. If you look at the teams that are doing better this year they are the clubs/teams that are developing the entire team and creating talented little soccer players not the teams or clubs that kick the ball to one or two talented girls and expect them to make something out of nothing.

Some more results from the weekend:

SCDSL
Real So Cal G2009 Pre Academy I 1-3 CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos G09 - Fortes
Sand and Surf SC Elite 2-0 LA Breakers FC G2009

CSL
LA SURF LC G09 - 0 EAGLES - 5
FC GOLDEN STATE G2009 SANTA BARBARA SC ELITE ??? (anybody knows?)

CSL Standings

EAGLES 12
FULLERTON RANGERS 12
BYSC 8
SIMI VALLERY 7
TEAM USA 6
SANTA BARBARA 4*
LA SURF 4
SPPLE VALLEY STORM 4
GOLDEN STATE 0*
CC AZTECS 0

Does anyone have standings available for SCDSL? please post them.

Back