2019/2020 DA Cup Season 05G

Definitely not thinking about it AT ALL merely responding to a comment. The sky is not falling. No need to hit the panic button. People should always do what they think is best for their DD. If there’s more player movement, I doubt it’s the game changers.

The sky may not be falling for the 04's but there is panic with the 05's over there. You're right that 2 players is not a lot but what is significant is that these were two starters from a team that went to the final four last year. A third was supposed to come (bought uniforms and filled out the paperwork) but your club president personally drove to her house and begged them not to leave. Offered them special treatment that fed the dads ego and convinced them to stay. I think it's panic when that happens and when a club doesn't tell a family that their kid was invited to attend a US Soccer training center.

The sky may not be falling for the 04's but there is panic with the 05's over there. You're right that 2 players is not a lot but what is significant is that these were two starters from a team that went to the final four last year. A third was supposed to come (bought uniforms and filled out the paperwork) but your club president personally drove to her house and begged them not to leave. Offered them special treatment that fed the dads ego and convinced them to stay. I think it's panic when that happens and when a club doesn't tell a family that their kid was invited to attend a US Soccer training center.

I will let you control the narrative as I personally don’t care. But trust me, I know. Unless you lose one of their 4 top players and keepers , they will be okay. As for the US Soccer training center, they directly sends invites to the parent. Club isn’t responsible for sending those out. They are just notified of who was selected. As of today the 05’s lost one starter. but with anything, that can always change. There are options in Vegas, and I honestly think that’s a good thing. Just sucks when people blow up the bridge when they could have just walked out the door.

I will let you control the narrative as I personally don’t care. But trust me, I know. Unless you lose one of their 4 top players and keepers , they will be okay. As for the US Soccer training center, they directly sends invites to the parent. Club isn’t responsible for sending those out. They are just notified of who was selected. As of today the 05’s lost one starter. but with anything, that can always change. There are options in Vegas, and I honestly think that’s a good thing. Just sucks when people blow up the bridge when they could have just walked out the door.

How would US Soccer get email addresses for parents? Once the kid is in the system, US Soccer may send direct emails. But first point of contact is almost always through the club - especially if it is a club that has a relationship with US Soccer.

How would US Soccer get email addresses for parents? Once the kid is in the system, US Soccer may send direct emails. But first point of contact is almost always through the club - especially if it is a club that has a relationship with US Soccer.

The same way they know who the best players in the country are and who they play for at any given moment.

@shales1002 I told you this would happen. It's good to have choices. However, as a business like Albion it's nice to have a few other things the kiddos and parents might want as well. Plus, HS Soccer is under attack. We lost two players to DA and were trying to convince a FR to give it all up for school pride. Horrible, horrible I say.

Mark is 100% correct. That's why I bet the Vegas coach doesn't pass on the TC info. These TC are only used as recruiting stations to get the best players to leave and play in their crazy Euro DA system. They know who the top GOATs are, trust me. YNT is all that matters and if your all that they will find you.

He is correct that emails can come directly from US Soccer. We have had invites come both ways. Invites for the most recent NTC went directly to some attendees who had not previously been invited.

With the training center invites for the 06's I know that quite a few were not directly sent the invite and were notified by the club. I agree that having options is good. It should make every club in town work harder. I also agree that you should never blow up the bridge because you never know if you will need to cross it again. That applies to players, parents and coaches.

With the training center invites for the 06's I know that quite a few were not directly sent the invite and were notified by the club. I agree that having options is good. It should make every club in town work harder. I also agree that you should never blow up the bridge because you never know if you will need to cross it again. That applies to players, parents and coaches.
Great insight. I can tell you 100% all kids 2006 and lower will be contacted from TC to Doc. Doc send recommendations based on his or her insights. Some other things come into to pay but I won't go there at this time :)

Great insight. I can tell you 100% all kids 2006 and lower will be contacted from TC to Doc. Doc send recommendations based on his or her insights. Some other things come into to pay but I won't go there at this time :)

Some of our 06's got direct invites, some did not and were notified by the club.

Wanted to start a new thread because I'm trying to understand how this whole DA Cup even works. I see there's a Red Group and a Blue Group but I can't seemed to understand how teams were actually placed. It can't be based off last seasons results because I see several Blue Teams that should clearly be in the top group and some Red Group teams that should be in the lower bracket. Any answers would be very helpful. Thanks. With the first cup game under the belt I hope all teams came out healthy given its long season to come.
Politics.

Back