2017-2018 CIF San Diego Girls

No dog in this fight either way. From the video- didn’t look like much.
I think most referees swallow their whistle on that play in a Golden goal playoff situation in the penalty area.
As much as you think the call should have been made... if it was and the PK wound up being a goal, I bet we’d have parents from the other team on here posting about the weak call that was made and that the referees “gave the game away”.

Some referees don't want to get involved in big plays so they don't call fouls in the PA, in the last few minutes, or in the league final.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Yep. Needs to be very obvious and pretty serious to get a call then.
Girl inside the 18 with a clear shot on goal and gets smashed / stepped on / thrown down from behind- call it. Foul.
Ball is shot and a non-gk reaches up and knocks the ball out of the sky above her head- call it. Handling.

Anything else- probably not getting called.

Last edited:
That by far is not a foul! I looked at the video many times and it doesn't look like a foul.

Another thing that I noticed from this HS season is that bad referees are not welcome at all! Anytime there was a shaky referee, they tend to disappear, most seasoned referees doing HS games pride themselves for the safety and the quality of the game and they protect that. I spoke with various referees after the games to give them props because they were doing it in 2 man crews and somehow people were still whining about them.

Finally Surfref is a very good referee that has been doing for many years, and he's always been a total professional on the field.

good luck to steele today playing the J Serra powerhouse. Especially to the stand in coach to whom I gave life to. Rah Rah Cougars

Will OLP be in Open Div next season?

They will be in Division 1 (unless they petition to turn it down due to small enrollment) and if they play as well as this year they will be top seed in Open. They could have been there this year except for the 1-division-a-year Section rule.

Back