2011 How is the season going?

Yes, Hodari if you can please confirm... Im confused about the team that you are referring to... the so cal blues team that won the eagkes tournament was a 2011 team or 2012 team playing up... the website says 2011 team
Im with the 2012s I manage both teams for the 12s the Lime and blue team, the team that won the Eagles was robbie 11s Lime team.

Blues teams
2011 Lime Robbie
2011 Eastvale
2011 Holley Blue
2011 holley 2nd

2012 Lime
2012 Blue
2012 Fly

Im with the 2012s I manage both teams for the 12s the Lime and blue team, the team that won the Eagles was robbie 11s Lime team.

Blues teams
2011 Lime Robbie
2011 Eastvale
2011 Holley Blue
2011 holley 2nd

2012 Lime
2012 Blue
2012 Fly
So the 12s will be playing up this year correct? That's a lot of quality teams coming out of the SC blues.

If everyone thinks they are the best why not go to blues cup to play the best. You know all the blues teams will be there. It’s in a few months. So you all have time to practice.

I will Live stream the Game Vs Ole also Here is the tournaments we are signed up for if anyone is looking to scout or play the 12s
Albion
Classico
Carlsbad Cup
Surf Cup
WCFC
Attack
Players Cup
BLUES CUP.
How many have you already played? That doesn't seem excessive? I have been coaching the U7/U8 age group for the last dozen years I have never played that many an entire year. I guess if they want to do all power to them, I would not do it even if the parents wanted to. Yes they may get lots of games and win lots of trophies but at what cost? Since you are a manager you obviously have a kid playing, it doesn't worry you at all? I saw a similar schedule with the Pats G12 team. Maybe I am doing a disservice to my little 6 year olds....

How many have you already played? That doesn't seem excessive? I have been coaching the U7/U8 age group for the last dozen years I have never played that many an entire year. I guess if they want to do all power to them, I would not do it even if the parents wanted to. Yes they may get lots of games and win lots of trophies but at what cost? Since you are a manager you obviously have a kid playing, it doesn't worry you at all? I saw a similar schedule with the Pats G12 team. Maybe I am doing a disservice to my little 6 year olds....
If you’re kids played the violin every weekend for a few hours it would be no big deal at 6. Soccer is a game you can play games all the time we really try and make it fun we pot luck and get ice cream more of a family get together rather then trophy hunters. That pats G12 team is a contender also very good girls

If you’re kids played the violin every weekend for a few hours it would be no big deal at 6. Soccer is a game you can play games all the time we really try and make it fun we pot luck and get ice cream more of a family get together rather then trophy hunters. That pats G12 team is a contender also very good girls
Comparing playing the violin to playing soccer at 6 years old? They have the same impact? There is no way you honestly think that. As a long time coach whose last kid just finished his last competitive season(all played U7-U18) none of my kids ever played that many tournaments at any age, and his particular team played in multiple national championships, won one, yet never played that many games. Tournaments are a ton of fun and all but I think there is a high risk to playing so much so young. It is hard on their little growing bodies to be playing 4 games every weekend, I think anyone would agree to that. Kudos for having the best U8 team, I will put $20 down that half of that team is gone by U13.

Comparing playing the violin to playing soccer at 6 years old? They have the same impact? There is no way you honestly think that. As a long time coach whose last kid just finished his last competitive season(all played U7-U18) none of my kids ever played that many tournaments at any age, and his particular team played in multiple national championships, won one, yet never played that many games. Tournaments are a ton of fun and all but I think there is a high risk to playing so much so young. It is hard on their little growing bodies to be playing 4 games every weekend, I think anyone would agree to that. Kudos for having the best U8 team, I will put $20 down that half of that team is gone by U13.
You are completely right it’s too many tournaments and a lot of girls will quit what’s your Venmo I will send you the 20$. The Blues have the most girls at national team level and there older teams most the young ladies all ways play in college. The blues CUT 15% each year from there flight 1 teams. You need to break a few eggs to make a omelet. The blues are not for everyone but neither is playing at the next level.

I will Live stream the Game Vs Ole also Here is the tournaments we are signed up for if anyone is looking to scout or play the 12s
Albion
Classico
Carlsbad Cup
Surf Cup
WCFC
Attack
Players Cup
BLUES CUP.
The amount of tournaments you guys play in for 6 years old is ridiculous but to top it off you guys look like complete ass hats for bringing your teams trophys to tournaments and putting them on display.

You are completely right it’s too many tournaments and a lot of girls will quit what’s your Venmo I will send you the 20$. The Blues have the most girls at national team level and there older teams most the young ladies all ways play in college. The blues CUT 15% each year from there flight 1 teams. You need to break a few eggs to make a omelet. The blues are not for everyone but neither is playing at the next level.
^ drunk on the KoolAide.

Have fun, make sure your kid is having fun and enjoy the journey. Keep one thing in perspective, it is your kids journey not yours. I see so many parents taking their kids from Club to Club chasing promises and dreams that are theirs not their kids. Only to see that kid loose interest and flame out.

I'm a big proponent for letting U-little parents have their fun on the forum like we did when our girls were younger, so I've tried to resist reacting to this thread, but the pull has been too much for me. I'm weak...

8 summer tournaments? WTF? You are making a lot of DOCs and tourney directors happy as they vacuum up your club fees. Tourneys exist to suck money from parents, they serve no purpose long term (no one cares about the results) and are bad for player health playing 5-6 games over a weekend.

Scouting 7 & 8 year olds? My kid plays for one of the top 2006 teams in the country and I don't think we've been scouted by college coaches. So much happens with puberty that it effectively serves no purpose.

Breaking eggs at Blues? Be careful what you wish for... there is a Blues coach at every event sitting in the corner scouting for kids to replace your kid at the first opportunity. I would focus on finding a coach that will invest in and develop your player vs. a club that scouts and replaces 15% or more every year.

Relax. Stop and take a breath. Your kid is not going to make the USWNT or play pro soccer. Even if she is a unicorn and is in the 0.05% that does, she will make more money with a good business career than she will as a pro player. Hope that she has fun, makes friends and doesn't end up with multiple ACL tears from over training and playing multiple games in a weekend. It's a marathon. My kid has played for 6 years and she still has 5 years to go. It's a marathon.

Sit on the sideline and don't talk. Don't yell at the refs. Relax and have fun watching your kid play. Don't talk to her about the game in the car ride home. She doesn't want to talk about it. Just ask her where she wants to go for ice cream. I was once setting up a team bench following a U7 game and I overheard a girl telling her friend that "my dad is totally going to yell at me on the car ride home." Don't be that parent.

I'm getting off my soap box now and will leave you to it.

Back