2007 DA

Interesting thought: With the MLS academies playing a non-MLS opponent only once, it devalues a win or loss against them. For example, Strikers beating LAG is less important (as only 1 game) then how they do against Nomads home and away. Also, curious how they will score the rankings.
If it's PPG then LAFC is 1, Strikers 2, etc... But if it is just points than weird things happen like Murrieta goes to #2 and LAFC drops to #5, granted LAFC just beat Murrieta 10-1. Seems odd to count games for/against MLS academies when the rest of the division don't get to play those teams. Curious how the playoffs will be sorted with this league/inter-league format. You can also see in this how non-MLS teams have more points because they have played more games than LAFC or LAG. So, not sure how playoffs will be decided. Like, LAG is 0-2 in their Prop Player Pathway (PPP) league but 2-1 in the Elite Player Pathway (EPP) league.
So, if LAG is good local but bad when facing out of area teams, do you penalize them locally concerning playoffs?
Interesting. No point really, just thinking out loud when I saw the difference in match played.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 8.26.40 AM.png

Interesting thought: With the MLS academies playing a non-MLS opponent only once, it devalues a win or loss against them. For example, Strikers beating LAG is less important (as only 1 game) then how they do against Nomads home and away. Also, curious how they will score the rankings.
If it's PPG then LAFC is 1, Strikers 2, etc... But if it is just points than weird things happen like Murrieta goes to #2 and LAFC drops to #5, granted LAFC just beat Murrieta 10-1. Seems odd to count games for/against MLS academies when the rest of the division don't get to play those teams. Curious how the playoffs will be sorted with this league/inter-league format. You can also see in this how non-MLS teams have more points because they have played more games than LAFC or LAG. So, not sure how playoffs will be decided. Like, LAG is 0-2 in their Prop Player Pathway (PPP) league but 2-1 in the Elite Player Pathway (EPP) league.
So, if LAG is good local but bad when facing out of area teams, do you penalize them locally concerning playoffs?
Interesting. No point really, just thinking out loud when I saw the difference in match played.

View attachment 11845

PPG will be used as there will not be a equal amount of games for all teams.

I would guess that the PP division will have a difference vs EP in the NEXT playoffs either qualifications or a separation during group play.

View attachment 11845
The standings are wack-a-doodle right now. For us, according to MLS Next, we have 3 "interleague" games and 2 "league" games in Southwest division. Our 3 interleague games are against SoCal teams and our 2 league games are against AZ opponents. We have yet to play any MLS Academy.

It appears that the LAFC and LAG games where they played other MLS teams are listed under West division standings for "league" games. They're games against other SoCal teams are including in the interleague standings.

I would think (which can be problem for me). That all LAFC and LAG and non-MLS academy games against non-MLS academy teams from SoCal or AZ games should be Southwest "league" games. MLS vs MLS teams from the west region should be West "league" games. Any games outside of Southwest or West region (for MLS teams) should be considered "Inter-league" games.

PPG will be used as there will not be a equal amount of games for all teams.

I would guess that the PP division will have a difference vs EP in the NEXT playoffs either qualifications or a separation during group play.

I predict that PPG will be the factor but even then it's weird as LAG plays RSL twice while Strikers never plays RSL. Or, LAFC plays LAG three times and Nomads only plays LAG once. So, yeah... just weird. Who knows how it will work out. I assume that it will favor the MLS clubs as it's an MLS driven league. I'm under the impression that MLS Academies that don't qualify for the playoffs have their own showcase at the playoff events. Also, the December showcase will not have MLS academies playing non-MLS academies.
I wonder if the qualifications will actually be league standings in PPP and EPP leagues... meaning what Strikers does against LAG doesn't actually matter towards playoffs. For example, West PPP 1 seed vs East EPP 3 seed could be one matchup. There are 13 divisions. 5PPP, 8 EPPP. They need 32 or 64 teams for a bracket style playoff... I can't come up with any way to get 13 divisions to 64.... and at least one of the PPP divisions is only 4 teams. So, you take the top 3 from and 8 team division and top 3 from a 4 team division?
Just a hot mess.

I predict that PPG will be the factor but even then it's weird as LAG plays RSL twice while Strikers never plays RSL. Or, LAFC plays LAG three times and Nomads only plays LAG once. So, yeah... just weird. Who knows how it will work out. I assume that it will favor the MLS clubs as it's an MLS driven league. I'm under the impression that MLS Academies that don't qualify for the playoffs have their own showcase at the playoff events. Also, the December showcase will not have MLS academies playing non-MLS academies.
I wonder if the qualifications will actually be league standings in PPP and EPP leagues... meaning what Strikers does against LAG doesn't actually matter towards playoffs. For example, West PPP 1 seed vs East EPP 3 seed could be one matchup. There are 13 divisions. 5PPP, 8 EPPP. They need 32 or 64 teams for a bracket style playoff... I can't come up with any way to get 13 divisions to 64.... and at least one of the PPP divisions is only 4 teams. So, you take the top 3 from and 8 team division and top 3 from a 4 team division?
Just a hot mess.

I won't be surprise to see PP and EP in seperate half's of a bracket and only cross play after a certain point in the playoffs like the quarters or finals. Pretty sure MLS teams would rather play other MLS as long as they can

I won't be surprise to see PP and EP in seperate half's of a bracket and only cross play after a certain point in the playoffs like the quarters or finals. Pretty sure MLS teams would rather play other MLS as long as they can

No way, haha. No way that the MLS clubs wait to face a good non-MLS team. I think the playoffs will favor MLS academies (in path or quantity). No way that they all knock each other and leave a non-MLS team to win it all.
This ain't Surf setting the brackets at Surf Cup. hahaha.

No way, haha. No way that the MLS clubs wait to face a good non-MLS team. I think the playoffs will favor MLS academies (in path or quantity). No way that they all knock each other and leave a non-MLS team to win it all.
This ain't Surf setting the brackets at Surf Cup. hahaha.

When you're on a MLS squad playing a 3rd-4th place non squad not nearly as much motivation going into it. The other way around yeah pumped up.

Playing more PP teams (2x) in the regular season and less for the playoffs would be a odd choice so doubt it will be same format as 21 edition.

Why make new divisions, interleague, etc if the playoff standings and format where only geo based like the 21 edition?

good luck to all the boys this weekend!!! A few games in and its been pretty fun watching the games and the score lines-

Quick question for those in the know--there was a question ( on Big Soccer) if any 07's were invited to the U17 YNT camp coming up... any information from this well informed group?

Are there any score updates on this weekends matches? Seen the released Topdrawer soccer top 25 in the nation teams. Any insight into those rankings? Some teams feel significantly down the list while others climbed. Interesting and did any of the top California teams on that list play this weekend?

Back