City SC 1-0 Phoenix Rising

Anyone know:
Phoenix Rising v Chula Vista
RSL AZ v City SC
RSL AZ v Chula Vista
LA Surf v Ventura Fusion
TFA v Santa Barbara
Albion v SC Del Sol

Any parents want to message me privately and confidentially message scores? I won't tip hands on what team you know results of and what team your kid plays on.... The scene interests me and I find the data interesting. It's worth the about 10 minutes a week I put into it. lol. Also, something to do while sitting on the sideline waiting for practice to end.

Week 4:
LAG 7-1 LAUGA
LAFC - Murrieta Postponed
SC Del Sol - Nomads Postponed

Anyone know:
RSL AZ v City SC
RSL AZ v Chula Vista
LA Surf v Ventura Fusion
TFA v Santa Barbara
Albion v SC Del Sol

Any parents want to message me privately and confidentially message scores? I won't tip hands on what team you know results of and what team your kid plays on.... The scene interests me and I find the data interesting. It's worth the about 10 minutes a week I put into it. lol. Also, something to do while sitting on the sideline waiting for practice to end.
Confirmed:
RSL 3-1 City SC

Unconfirmed:
Del Sol 1-0 Albion
RSL 4-0 CVSC

Week 4:
LAG 7-1 LAUFA

UNKNOWN Week 4:
RSL AZ v City SC
RSL AZ v Chula Vista
LA Surf v Ventura Fusion
TFA v Santa Barbara
Albion v SC Del Sol

Week 5:
LAFC 3-2 LAUFA
TFA-LA Surf
LAG-Murrieta POSTPONED
Santa Barbara - Fusion

Props to those PMing in 07 scores.

Updated RSL AZ and a TFA score.

Week 4:
LAG 7-1 LAUGA
RSL AZ 4-0 Chula Vista
RSL AZ 3-1 City SC
TFA 6-0 Santa Barbara

UNKNOWN Week 4:
LA Surf v Ventura Fusion
Albion v SC Del Sol

Week 5:
LAFC 3-2 LAUFA
LAG-Murrieta POSTPONED

Unknown Week 5
Santa Barbara - Fusion
TFA-LA Surf

All the AZ team games in San Diego have been canceled due to some Newsom rule. MLS wouldn't sanction the games. AZ teams were already in SD. Sucks for us, but sucks much worse for AZ teams.

Question. Why are the scores for the 2007 (U14) hidden? Is it political? is it a league policy not to care about scores at that age? What's the deal?

Question. Why are the scores for the 2007 (U14) hidden? Is it political? is it a league policy not to care about scores at that age? What's the deal?

It's strange... scores are available for all the U14 (and U13) age groups except the Southwest, Southeast and Mid-America. Weird.

Man City results in the top bracket seem to reflect the season... Semi Finalists were the top 3 ECNL team and the 2nd Place MLS Next Team.
#1 in the ECNL SDSC beat #2 SD Surf and #2 in the MLS Next LAG beat #3 in the ECNL Strikers... both semis went to PKs. Then SDSC beat LAG 3-2 in the final. That SDSC team is a good team. Be surprised how much of that team stays in tact. Phili... Seattle... others have been heard to be talking to parents and players there.

Group A was all MLS Next teams... lame. Otherwise Albion, Phx and LAUFA all finished 3rd or 4th in their group. Granted, the MLS Next wasn't that well represented. No TFA, Albion, LA Surf, SB or some of the teams that are showing well... LAUFA started well but fizzled this season and Phx hasn't been competitive. Could say it shows that there is a gap between LAFC #1 and LAG #2 then the others... but not sure as the middle of the pack of the MLS Next weren't at Man City... but the gap between top MLS Next and top ECNL is not that large. Would love to see LAFC v SDSC. LAFC and LAG 07s are rumored to scrimmage each other this weekend.
My takeaway. There is not a massive difference between the quality of the MLS Next and the ECNL. Neither league has a lock on being better. Could form a very competitive and exciting league if they pro/rel'd those two leagues but obviously would never happen. Would love to see a LAG, LAFC, TFA, SD Surf, SDSC, Strikers, Albion all in league together.

Man City results in the top bracket seem to reflect the season... Semi Finalists were the top 3 ECNL team and the 2nd Place MLS Next Team.
#1 in the ECNL SDSC beat #2 SD Surf and #2 in the MLS Next LAG beat #3 in the ECNL Strikers... both semis went to PKs. Then SDSC beat LAG 3-2 in the final. That SDSC team is a good team. Be surprised how much of that team stays in tact. Phili... Seattle... others have been heard to be talking to parents and players there.

Group A was all MLS Next teams... lame. Otherwise Albion, Phx and LAUFA all finished 3rd or 4th in their group. Granted, the MLS Next wasn't that well represented. No TFA, Albion, LA Surf, SB or some of the teams that are showing well... LAUFA started well but fizzled this season and Phx hasn't been competitive. Could say it shows that there is a gap between LAFC #1 and LAG #2 then the others... but not sure as the middle of the pack of the MLS Next weren't at Man City... but the gap between top MLS Next and top ECNL is not that large. Would love to see LAFC v SDSC. LAFC and LAG 07s are rumored to scrimmage each other this weekend.
My takeaway. There is not a massive difference between the quality of the MLS Next and the ECNL. Neither league has a lock on being better. Could form a very competitive and exciting league if they pro/rel'd those two leagues but obviously would never happen. Would love to see a LAG, LAFC, TFA, SD Surf, SDSC, Strikers, Albion all in league together.
SDSC losing one to Philly and one to Austin, confirmed. Rumors of maybe more.

The league results are showing now on the MLS Next website for Southwest BU14:

#1: LAFC
#2: LAG
#3: LAUFA & TFA (tie)
#5: Murrieta Surf
#6: Chula Vista FC
#7: Santa Barbara
#8: Albion
#9: Ventura County Fusion
#10: LA Surf
#11: City SC
#12: Nomads

MLSNext Southwest BU14.jpg

New Top Drawer soccer rankings for June for boys U14 just came out.

Of course this season was all messed-up with Covid, but it is what it is. Nice to see 3 So Cal teams in the top 5:
#1- Philadephia Union
#2- LAFC
#3- New York Red Bulls
#4- LAG
#5- San Diego Surf

New Top Drawer soccer rankings for June for boys U14 just came out.

Of course this season was all messed-up with Covid, but it is what it is. Nice to see 3 So Cal teams in the top 5:
#1- Philadephia Union
#2- LAFC
#3- New York Red Bulls
#4- LAG
#5- San Diego Surf

SDSC should be 4, beat SD Surf and LAG... just saying.

SDSC should be 4, beat SD Surf and LAG... just saying.
While I'm complaining about this that don't matter..

1. Phili: 8-0, 29 GF, 8 GA, did not face the other MLS team in their division (NYRB)
2. LAFC: 10-0, including a 5-2 win over LAG. 56 GF, 8 GA
3. NYRB: 9-1, 39 GF, 5 GA
4. LAG, 8-1-1 , 44 GF, 15 GA. 9-1-1 with a tournament loss to SDSC 3-2
5. SD Surf: 14-1, 69 GF, 6 GA. Loss to SDSC on PKs

NR: SDSC: 15-1 in the ECNL, 59 GF, 4 GA

Back