2007 DA

Question for the informed....... This 07 DA group is the age of that Jr World Cup tournament??? Is that tournament still happening and I think the winning team is somehow compensated with trip to Japan, correct?
Anyone have information on this one?
I was told that there would be u12 world challenge bracket for the 07s at the West Coast classic in Irvine. I heard the trip experience was very poor and we opted to pass on the event. I was also concerned at how long it took them to settle on it. First, the event was on. Then it was off and then it was a bracket within another existing event. Eh.

Here’s what I was told:

info@soltilo.us said:
This year we are running the U12 World Challenge in partnership with OC Surf, so it will be a part of the OC Surf Summer Tournament (West Coast Classic).

2019 West Coast Classic (Hosted by OC Surf) -- August 10-11, 2019
http://ocsurfsoccer.com/west-coast-classic/
Tournament Contact Persons: Kathleen Deane Kathleen@westcoastfc.net and ncucuk@ocsurfsoccer.com

You will just need to register for the tournament and let them know you want to participate in the U12 World Challenge Group.
Feel free to contact Kathleen and Nick prior to registering if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Brian
<info@soltilo.us

2019-20 Scheduling Webinar

On Thursday, July 25th at 12:00pmET/ 11:00amCT/ 10:00amMT/ 9:00amPT we will be hosting a scheduling webinar to go over all of the information you will need pertaining to scheduling. At the conclusion of the webinar, we will open the collaborative scheduler which will allow your club to enter times and locations for your home games as well as make date modifications to your schedule with approval from your opponent and the Academy. The re-schedule period will be Thursday, July 25 – Wednesday, August 14. After this reschedule period, fixtures should not be rescheduled for any reasons except inclement weather. Until this webinar concludes, schedule requests should not be submitted to the Academy and the collaborative scheduler will be turned off.

All clubs are required to attend this webinar. You can join the scheduling webinar by clicking here. Though you shouldn’t need it, the event password is “DA2019.”

Girls Schedule Update

The 2019-20 Girls regular season schedule has been posted to our website and is now available on the Schedule/Results page. Your schedule will become available on your team pages when those are turned over from the 2018-19 season to the 2019-20 season later this month. Your regular season schedules do not have any games scheduled on the weekends of September 28-29 and October 12-13. These weekends are reserved for Cup games that will be added in the coming weeks.

Boys Schedule Update

We are in the process of finalizing the 2019-20 Boys regular season and Cup schedules. We anticipate all schedules being released before the end of July. The U-15, U-16/17, and U-18/19 schedules will likely be posted a couple of days before the U-13 and U-14 schedules. As discussed in June at the Academy meeting, we are utilizing a new scheduling format for U-18/19 this season, which is taking a bit more time to finalize. We recognize the urgency in getting these schedules released and appreciate your understanding. Please note that after receiving your feedback, we will not be scheduling any Academy games the weekend of August 24th. Games will begin as early as August 31st.

How's everyone feeling going into the 19-20 season?
I've seen a few of the teams play.
LAG: Did they reload after several players left?
LAUFA: I think they snagged some transfers
FCGS: Definitely improved. Picked up some good Legends and a few others.
Legends: looks like they took some LAG kids. But rumors of discontent amongst parents... granted they had an epic Scotland trip in there.
Arsenal FC: Added one or two but doesn't look strong. Slaughtered by FCGS.
Murrieta Surf: Haven't heard of any upgrades or new additions.
OC Surf: Looked solid, improved
LAFC: Sounds like they kept most of their top players.

That's all I've seen or heard this summer.

In regards to San Diego, this is what I'm hearing through the 07 rumor grapevine. Most of this is 2nd and 3rd hand accounts so please take it with a huge grain of salt as I don't know the validity of some of this info. (please correct me if any of this info is wrong)

LAGSD: Heard that they don't have a full roster yet. May be the case since they advertised tryouts again a number of weeks ago. Heard they may be actively recruiting players from other teams and asking back players they originally "cut".
Surf: Heard they lost a few, know they added at least one strong player from Albion. Heard they may be actively recruiting from other SD clubs, which I believe is SOP for Surf. Should still be an excellent team but does loss to Legends at WCC portend anything?
SDSC: Added 3 players from Rebels and kept core of team. From an individual player standpoint they should have more depth. Should be improved, but team drama could be an issue.
Albion: Not aware of their changes other than player that went to Surf. Already had a lot of depth, should be comparable to last year. New coach that players/parents seem to feel is an improvement.
Nomads: Turned over bulk of the roster primarily with kids from all the above clubs. Much improved, but work in progress.
Chula Vista: No clue. Affiliation with DV7 will have some impact. Hopefully they will be improved for the benefit of the league.
AZ Clubs: ?

I suspect their are still some significant changes to come for some teams. I don't think were going to get a true sense for the quality of the teams until April, at which point there will only be a month left in the season and then the process starts all over again. If I had to put money on it I would say Strikers will be the top team in the SD league. I've always been impressed by their coaching and play. Lets hope that all the teams show improvement, that the games are competitive and we see some attractive soccer.

In regards to San Diego.
I think LAGSD is set. Had a friend sign there last week and he said had full team. I know LAGSD 07s have games and are playing Albion (I believe) this weekend and working on a scrimmage against Legends the following.
SDSC- saw them play twice in July. Much improved and yeah, had new players. Very good team.
Saw Real AZ at Surf Cup. Praying that they're not as bad as it seemed.
Murrieta Surf- Same ole, same ole. Stoke City-esque. Curious how the large field affects their style of play.
Arsenal- added a few players and the DOC took over team. Changing coaches and thus formations got them commandingly to the Surf Cup Final to lose in PKs. granted in Middle bracket of 3. I heard they lost big to a FCGS recruit team but play Legends this weekend. May give a frame of reference against Surf on how both play against Legends.

Re: LA
FCGS added some LAG and Legends talent.
TFA got a few from LAG and LAUFA
LAUFA for some from LA Premier.
Sounds like LA is a lot more re-shuffling than SD.

I think LAGSD is set. Had a friend sign there last week and he said had full team. I know LAGSD 07s have games and are playing Albion (I believe) this weekend and working on a scrimmage against Legends the following.
SDSC- saw them play twice in July. Much improved and yeah, had new players. Very good team.
Murrieta Surf- Same ole, same ole. Stoke City-esque. Curious how the large field affects their style of play.
Arsenal- added a few players and the DOC took over team. Changing coaches and thus formations got them commandingly to the Surf Cup Final to lose in PKs. granted in Middle bracket of 3. I heard they lost big to a FCGS recruit team but play Legends this weekend. May give a frame of reference against Surf on how both play against Legends.

Re: LA
FCGS added some LAG and Legends talent.
TFA got a few from LAG and LAUFA
LAUFA for some from LA Premier.
Sounds like LA is a lot more re-shuffling than SD.

RSL-AZ DA was not at Surf Cup, that was the ECNL team. There were no FT DA players at Surf. DA hasn't played since Man City (mixed results there, beat Sporting KC and San Jose Earthquakes, tied Real So Cal and Strikers, lost to LAFC and NYCFC). They have 3 friendlies this weekend against LAUFA, LAFC, and SDSC.
Del Sol DA hasn't played since Cerritos, which they won that tournament beating LAUFA DA in the final (2-1), 5 wins 0 losses there (16 GF, 4 GA).
Both teams should be competitive in the SD division.

AZ teams at Surf may have started practice after the summer break 2-3 weeks prior. That's in 100+ heat, and maybe got a scrimmage or 2 in against other teams playing Surf also. In short, they are in pre-season mode at best. The RSL-AZ 07 team in the "best of the best" bracket are labeled their ECNL team, so not the DA one. ECNL is the second team.

Both the RSL & DelSol AZ teams are basically new this year built from ID dates and pulling kids from multiple clubs, so they will be a work in progress I'd expect with the coaches looking to impose a style standard at odds with what half the kids have played up to now (coming from multiple clubs). They have talent but it'll take until Spring to see how that's gelling.

LAGSD: Heard that they don't have a full roster yet. May be the case since they advertised tryouts again a number of weeks ago. Heard they may be actively recruiting players from other teams and asking back players they originally "cut".

I heard that two players just moved from SDSC to LAGSD. I don't think it will be a huge impact for either team.

I know there have been 07 DA scrimmages throughout SoCal the last few weekends. Anyone have any commentary for any matches they’ve watched or heard about?

I know there have been 07 DA scrimmages throughout SoCal the last few weekends. Anyone have any commentary for any matches they’ve watched or heard about?
I heard from the SDSC side that they beat LAUFA and RSL AZ and lost to LAFC 3-0 last weekend. I heard no other details.

SDSC also dominated FCGS who in my opinion, may be better than Legends with LA Premier being the weakest of those 3 LA teams.

SDSC also dominated FCGS who in my opinion, may be better than Legends with LA Premier being the weakest of those 3 LA teams.
Sweet, first time all year I've been right, lol. SDSC starting out strong with a solid win over Surf.
FCGS beat LAG 2-1.
Heard that Strikers hosted Murrieta Surf but forgot to include refs in the party... so that ended up being a scrimmage. Man, that would be annoying. Happened in Chula Vista to us a few years ago. Ug.

Sweet, first time all year I've been right, lol. SDSC starting out strong with a solid win over Surf.
FCGS beat LAG 2-1.
Heard that Strikers hosted Murrieta Surf but forgot to include refs in the party... so that ended up being a scrimmage. Man, that would be annoying. Happened in Chula Vista to us a few years ago. Ug.

Yikes, that sucks, particularly for the Murrieta families. That's inexcusable for that to happen. DA rules state that USSF is responsible for assigning the referees, so unless that has changed, Strikers are not to blame. If Strikers are to blame then the makeup game should be on Murrieta's home turf.

DA rules state that USSF is responsible for assigning the referees, so unless that has changed, Strikers are not to blame.
Yes, that is correct. USSF to blame.
To fully throw Chula Vista under the bus, our issue was they had no trainer... which is on the club to provide.

To fully throw Chula Vista under the bus, our issue was they had no trainer... which is on the club to provide.
Our issue was figuring out how to play in 4" dense grass last year. They used it to their advantage, we were down 3-1 at half but managed to adjust 2nd half and win 8-3.

Nice to see CV get a win over LAGSD. Hopefully they've improved...I think LAGSD has some work to do as they were late to fill out a roster. LAGSD should improve as the season progresses.

FCGS beat LAG 2-1.
Correction Murrieta hosted not Strikers. It was Murrieta Surf’s home game.

Here's the inaugural predicts for the 07s. But first some user guide stuff...

The algo producing the predicts is leveraging data from last season. So, if teams added or lost players, this will affect accuracy. Also, if a club had a strong "A" but a really weak "B" team last year in u12s, that also will affect accuracy. Last, because each club had two teams of u12 players that played on half field for 60 minutes, the results from last season may not be predictive at all now that the clubs have gone to one team of u13 players (i.e. some kids starting to hit puberty) playing on a full field for 70 minutes.

The biggest goal of the predicts is to give families, coaches and teams a gauge of how they're doing over time. The predicts enable teams to compete against themselves and their past tendencies - are they getting worse or better on defense or offense over time i.e. are they developing - rather than focusing on whether or not did their team win or lose the match.

For those folks new to the predicts, have been doing these for a bit for the 04s, 05s and 06s. Typically, after about ten games or so, the predicts will dial in to about ~80% accuracy. Occasionally, the predicts will be shockingly accurate and occasionally, the predict accuracy will, uh, "revert to the mean."

If there are questions about how the algo is put together or the purpose or goal of this, please ping over.

Here's predicts (home team is listed first; LA matches are listed first and SD matches follow):

Los Angeles:
LA Galaxy 2 vs LA Surf 4
LA Galaxy lost last week at home to FC Golden State. Surprising, but, from reading the boards, sounds like FCG added a number of new players and Galaxy may have lost a couple.

An item to point out is that typically, LA Galaxy teams have a disproportionately significant home field advantage in Carson, so the loss at home to FCG is particularly notable. LAG also has gone through major coaching and staff changes in the last 3-4 months, and this always seems to affect clubs.

For reference, LA Surf was previously LA Premier.

LAFC 2 vs TFA 2 - match to watch
The algo says this match will be decided by how well each team's defensive line holds up over the course of the game. Looking at the numbers, if either team gets an early goal that could tip momentum and lead to a lopsided win.
Lots of interclub rivalry going on from the older age group teams that should carry down to the 07s. Should be fun to watch.

LAUFA 4 vs Pateadores 2
Pats had a surprising loss at home to Santa Barbara SC last week to start the season. Also, LAUFA teams tend to do particularly well playing at home. Will be interesting to see how each team does this week.

Legends 3 vs Ventura Fusion 2

Against TFA last week in a chippy match (four yellows), Ventura kept it close for most of the match (was tied 1-1 until the last 10 minutes). Would expect Ventura to outperform the algo this weekend but wild card is the travel down to Legends to play in Riverside.

Santa Barbara SC 2 vs Real SoCal 4
Santa Barbara had a surprising result, given trends from last year, against the Pats last weekend. On the other side of the ball, RSC was trending up most of last season, and with entirely the same team, would assume those trends would continue. But, there may be another surprise here with Santa Barbara playing at home and maybe taking a step up from last year's trend lines.

San Diego
Arsenal 1 vs Murrieta Surf 3
Result should be a continuation of last season's trends.

OC Surf 1 vs Strikers 5
Same as above.

San Diego Surf 10 vs Chula Vista 0

Nomads 0 vs LAGSD 3

San Diego SC 1 vs Albion 2 - match to watch

It looks like - based on last year's results - that there are a number of particularly strong 07 teams in SD this year including the Strikers, SD Surf, Albion, and, maybe, San Diego SC.

After the January last season, SDSC showed significant improvement while Albion was strong from day one. Last season, Albion won the match-ups in aggregate 24-8, but this include a 10-1 blow-out. Key will be to see if SDSC's D can keep Albion's offense under control. Should be a fun match to watch.

Based on the little that I know I guess the following:

San Diego
Arsenal 1 vs Murrieta Surf 3
Result should be a continuation of last season's trends.
I think Arsenal is improved. Might be closer in score.

OC Surf 1 vs Strikers 5
Same as above.
Probably in the ballpark

San Diego Surf 10 vs Chula Vista 0
CV is improved while Surf may not be quite as strong as last year. I don't think the blowout will be this big.

Nomads 0 vs LAGSD 3
Anything can happen in this game. Nomads is improved and LAGSD has had a tough start.

San Diego SC 1 vs Albion 2 - match to watch
It looks like - based on last year's results - that there are a number of particularly strong 07 teams in SD this year including the Strikers, SD Surf, Albion, and, maybe, San Diego SC. Agree, match to watch. I think SDSC will take this one.

Back