2007 DA

@RedDevilDad I know right, a DA team playing Silver/Flight 2 teams, lol.

Is this a reflection of the caliber of play in DA or a DA team sandbagging it?

I know right, a DA team playing Silver/Flight 2 teams, lol.

Reflection of the coaching, IMO. They have some good little players. Snagged some from Arsenal South and TVSA Hawks. Players just have to play who is across from them... and looks like they’ve done that well.
Never been impressed with Murrieta
Surf’s DA.... plays like an old Stoke City. Not a lot of possession, count on pressing for an errant pass and then kick ball forward. Pretty safe to say that at any 2007 level you’ll get an errant pass every so often so it works just enough to make Murrieta relevant.

What a great weekend of soccer for the 07 age group! I was able to watch many of the 07 games. So much talent! It was an exciting Championship game between LA Galaxy Academy and Heritage SC. 0-0 through 60 minutes. Went straight to pks and LA Galaxy pulled through to win.
Definitely an exciting final but I truly felt that Galaxy dominated that game. Galaxy held possession majority of the game and had several shots/opportunities but just couldn’t capitalize. Too bad the match went straight to penalties and didn’t have an OT. Nonetheless hats off to Heritage for traveling down south, competiting with the best, and making it to the Finals! And Congrats to LA Galaxy...they were very impressive to say the least. Eager to see the 07 Academy derby vs LAFC when it happens.

Definitely an exciting final but I truly felt that Galaxy dominated that game. Galaxy held possession majority of the game and had several shots/opportunities but just couldn’t capitalize. Too bad the match went straight to penalties and didn’t have an OT. Nonetheless hats off to Heritage for traveling down south, competiting with the best, and making it to the Finals! And Congrats to LA Galaxy...they were very impressive to say the least. Eager to see the 07 Academy derby vs LAFC when it happens.

Yes, completely agree!

@RedDevilDad I know right, a DA team playing Silver/Flight 2 teams, lol.

My educated guess is that was where they were placed by Surf Cup. No room for them in flight 1 since Surf Cup gives preference to the out of state teams ($$$) which finished a combined 2-1-13 with showcase games included.

My educated guess is that was where they were placed by Surf Cup. No room for them in flight 1 since Surf Cup gives preference to the out of state teams ($$$) which finished a combined 2-1-13 with showcase games included.
Hm. Maybe. But Surf Cup relegating a Surf DA affiliate team? Hm. There were plenty of F1 teams for that and could have joined the other F1 teams that were in White.
I mean no big deal... hey, win what’s in front of you is all you can do... but, yeah, I’d have been annoyed but then thrilled when we won. Lol.

Hm. Maybe. But Surf Cup relegating a Surf DA affiliate team? Hm.
I hear ya, I just don't think Surf Cup or Surf itself cares that much about their franchise programs...other than the fees. Just my gut though, I'm totally open to the possibility that I could be wrong.

What happened to CalSouth? Did the introduction to DA change the the landscape already?
Wonder what tournaments the likes of Brea, Rebels, Slammers are going to attend, or is already the train and develop time for this age group?

First game of SuperCopa 2007sGroup Play results.
Arsenal lost to Eclipse 8-1
La Esperanza lost to Pipeline Sc 6-5
Legends 1-1 with Michigan Tigers
TFA 7-1 over Team Challenger.

First game of SuperCopa 2007sGroup Play results.
Arsenal lost to Eclipse 8-1
La Esperanza lost to Pipeline Sc 6-5
Legends 1-1 with Michigan Tigers
TFA 7-1 over Team Challenger.
When we took our 07 team to Philly to train with the Union(SDSC) we played that Pipeline team in one of our scrimmages at the Union facility. They have some next level athleticism. Probably the fastest team we played when I was in the age group.

When we took our 07 team to Philly to train with the Union(SDSC) we played that Pipeline team in one of our scrimmages at the Union facility. They have some next level athleticism. Probably the fastest team we played when I was in the age group.
They made it to the Supercopa finals last year against TFA right? Nonetheless, it was a great to see one of our Socal 07 teams (Esperanza) hold a close score with them and almost come away with the W!

Just saw the latest scores. Anyone witness any of the semi games today? Anyways, good luck to Legends in the finals! Way to represent Cali!

It's really hard to take anything useful from the U-12 DA results because of the two teams per week thing. One club can put out two evenly matched teams and another can put out a clear A and B team and that skews everything. Also, some clubs field two teams of olders (2007s) while others have a mix and still others have one 2007 team and one 2008.

There's a reason they don't even post the scores anymore.

Fair point. The direction from ussda - not sure that it’s followed by all clubs - is that home team determines if games will be a squad vs a squad, and b squad vs b squad or if the games will be a mix of both squads. My two cents is that results from any one week are not indicative but the cumulative results over time are.

I had heard that it's supposed to be two even teams every week, but I do know that the opposing coaches talk before setting up the rosters to try to make things fair.

Back