2007 DA

Does anyone know the specific days of when the 07s play in Maryland? Any idea as to which teams are heading out there?

Does anyone know the specific days of when the 07s play in Maryland? Any idea as to which teams are heading out there?

I assume it’s similar to the Norco event…

LOCATION: Maryland SoccerPlex; Boyds, MD https://mdsoccerplex.org
U15/U17 games will begin on May 14th
U15s last kickoffs will be May 17th at 10:45AM ET.

COMPETITION FORMAT: Each age group will consist of sixteen (16) Groups of four (4) and each Group Winner will qualify for MLS NEXT CUP. Group placement will be shared at a later date.

It looks like all four goals were scored in the first ~30min by the Strikers U16 team which is a very good team that has been together for many years. The other YNT team lost 2-0 to Murrieta. I think the US Soccer federation is better off by either sending the complete LAFC U15 which is the #1 team in the MLS Next or the SD Surf U15 which is #1 in the ECNL league. Both teams have sent 6-7 players to the YNT and both have like 45 wins and 2 or 3 loses since 2019. Team chemistry wins over talented individuals put together without having time to jell!!

It looks like all four goals were scored in the first ~30min by the Strikers U16 team which is a very good team that has been together for many years. The other YNT team lost 2-0 to Murrieta. I think the US Soccer federation is better off by either sending the complete LAFC U15 which is the #1 team in the MLS Next or the SD Surf U15 which is #1 in the ECNL league. Both teams have sent 6-7 players to the YNT and both have like 45 wins and 2 or 3 loses since 2019. Team chemistry wins over talented individuals put together without having time to jell!!

All depends on how you look at it. This round of YNT camp attendees had multiple players from LAFC U15 on it and wound up on the wrong end of 4-1 score line. During the January U15 YNT camp that group of U15 attendees beat the U17 LAFC squad that they scrimmaged 4-3. They also beat LA Galaxy that same day.

Hats off to those teams that have had the opportunity to scrimmage vs the YNT. Those YNT players are usually gassed come game day after a full week of training. Regardless off the outcomes, So Cal has some of the very best MLS Next Club teams and US YNT has some great players coming up thru the pipeline. Let's just hope that they all continue to get better year over year.

I don't think the goal of US Soccer is to put the best team together for U15 camps that can beat teams. It's more about bringing different guys in to get acclimated to the system and see what the pool looks like. Less than half the guys in the February camp attended the January camp. After watching the Strikers game film, you can see that they are spot on with some guys and way off on others. It would be concerning to me if they just brought in the same group of kids that beat the LA teams in January and just sprinkled in a few newer invites. The 2007 talent pool is strong. They will gel in later years when it is more important and coaches have had the opportunity to identify top talent.

I know that there is a Talent ID Center in Austin, TX today and another one next Wednesday in Dallas. Do we know of any happening in Cali?

This is different. Interleague is now called "Flex," which is also the name of the Maryland event. Doesn't change anything practically, just noticed this.
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 7.28.09 AM.png

This appears that the MD event is invite only? Like, round 1 of the playoffs? Who even knows.

The one point gained in the tie assured the team of a spot in the upcoming MLS Next flex playoff, to be held April 1-3 in Northern California.

Other teams in the playoffs are the Vancouver Whitecaps, Sacramento Republic, and De Anza Force with the teams vying for a a spot in the “MLS Next inter-league playoff” in Maryland May 14 through the 17th.

Then, if they win that four-team group in Maryland, they are into the “MLS Next Cup” in Frisco Texas at the end of June.

All depends on how you look at it. This round of YNT camp attendees had multiple players from LAFC U15 on it and wound up on the wrong end of 4-1 score line. During the January U15 YNT camp that group of U15 attendees beat the U17 LAFC squad that they scrimmaged 4-3. They also beat LA Galaxy that same day.

Hats off to those teams that have had the opportunity to scrimmage vs the YNT. Those YNT players are usually gassed come game day after a full week of training. Regardless off the outcomes, So Cal has some of the very best MLS Next Club teams and US YNT has some great players coming up thru the pipeline. Let's just hope that they all continue to get better year over year.
Are these the group of YNT players that beat LAFC U17?E63C5E39-A595-4C03-BCB5-8286A615C766_1_102_o.jpegE63C5E39-A595-4C03-BCB5-8286A615C766_1_102_o.jpeg

Are these the group of YNT players that beat LAFC U17?View attachment 13092View attachment 13092
No, it was this group:

GOALKEEPERS (4): Dylan Auffret (LAFC), Zackory Campagnolo (Orlando City SC), Angel Jaimes (Houston Dynamo), Jonathan Martinez (FC Dallas)

DEFENDERS (12): Tyler Austin (Inter Miami CF), Drew Baiera (New York City FC), Noah Betancourt (Rise Soccer Club), Carlos Castrejon (Real Salt Lake), Scott Chavira (Santa Cruz Breakers), Avian Gonzalez-Flores (Total Futbol Academy), Gustavo Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Steven Jimenez (FC Cincinnati), Nicholas Nobles (Chicago Fire), Maximo Nystrom (Portland Timbers), Connor Owen (Santa Cruz Breakers), Joshua Santiago (LAFC)

MIDFIELDERS (10): Owen Anderson (San Jose Earthquakes), Maximo Carrizo (New York City FC), Braxton Hayes (D.C. United), Aaron Hurge (Columbus Crew), Kellan LeBlanc (Philadelphia Union), David Lora Araux (Real Salt Lake), Santiago Morales (Inter Miami CF), Rohan Rajagopal (San Jose Earthquakes), Adrian Renteria (Charlotte FC), Nathan Worth (New York Red Bulls)

FORWARDS (10): Nimfasha Berchimas (Charlotte FC), Justin Ellis (Inter Miami CF), Zavier Gozo (Real Salt Lake), Josmar Guandique (De Anza Force), Callum Lugton (Portland Timbers), Harbor Miller (LA Galaxy), Bryce Outman (FC Dallas), Charlie Rosenthal (LAFC), Gavin Turner (D.C. United), Etienne Veillard (Seattle Sounders FC)

No, it was this group:

GOALKEEPERS (4): Dylan Auffret (LAFC), Zackory Campagnolo (Orlando City SC), Angel Jaimes (Houston Dynamo), Jonathan Martinez (FC Dallas)

DEFENDERS (12): Tyler Austin (Inter Miami CF), Drew Baiera (New York City FC), Noah Betancourt (Rise Soccer Club), Carlos Castrejon (Real Salt Lake), Scott Chavira (Santa Cruz Breakers), Avian Gonzalez-Flores (Total Futbol Academy), Gustavo Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Steven Jimenez (FC Cincinnati), Nicholas Nobles (Chicago Fire), Maximo Nystrom (Portland Timbers), Connor Owen (Santa Cruz Breakers), Joshua Santiago (LAFC)

MIDFIELDERS (10): Owen Anderson (San Jose Earthquakes), Maximo Carrizo (New York City FC), Braxton Hayes (D.C. United), Aaron Hurge (Columbus Crew), Kellan LeBlanc (Philadelphia Union), David Lora Araux (Real Salt Lake), Santiago Morales (Inter Miami CF), Rohan Rajagopal (San Jose Earthquakes), Adrian Renteria (Charlotte FC), Nathan Worth (New York Red Bulls)

FORWARDS (10): Nimfasha Berchimas (Charlotte FC), Justin Ellis (Inter Miami CF), Zavier Gozo (Real Salt Lake), Josmar Guandique (De Anza Force), Callum Lugton (Portland Timbers), Harbor Miller (LA Galaxy), Bryce Outman (FC Dallas), Charlie Rosenthal (LAFC), Gavin Turner (D.C. United), Etienne Veillard (Seattle Sounders FC)
Thank you for the clarification. I thought that it was the one with the Strikers kids. That team has three players that deserved to be in MLS Academies. The two defenders Nolan and Troy and their 9 Maxim.

Thank you for the clarification. I thought that it was the one with the Strikers kids. That team has three players that deserved to be in MLS Academies. The two defenders Nolan and Troy and their 9 Maxim.
Who is number 10 (jersey number, not position) on Strikers? Great player.

Max was at LAFC. Good player. One of the defenders recently tried out but did not make it.

One was an ID Center (coach nominated) and the other was a camp (scout chosen

Anyone playing for Willie could hold their own at most places.

One was an ID Center (coach nominated) and the other was a camp (scout chosen

Anyone playing for Willie could hold their own at most places.
No, they were both camps. There was a 36-kid January camp (where they beat LAFC and LAG U16/17), and then the U15 got a new coach, and they had some kind of a reset and did another 36-kid camp in February (where they lost to Murrieta and the Strikers). The ID camps were before that.

No, they were both camps. There was a 36-kid January camp (where they beat LAFC and LAG U16/17), and then the U15 got a new coach, and they had some kind of a reset and did another 36-kid camp in February (where they lost to Murrieta and the Strikers). The ID camps were before that.
According to the list above, for the team that beat LAFC/LAG there were no Strikers players present.

According to the list above, for the team that beat LAFC/LAG there were no Strikers players present.
For Clarity:
No Strikers players were called into the YNT. Some were called into regional ID centers. Regional ID centers are pre-camp in the process and don't guarantee a camp invite. Regional ID centers are generally picked by the local coaches/directors. The YNT camps are picked by scouts.
The Strikers 06 team with some 07s played the 2nd round (February) YNT 07 camp team and beat them 4-2. The January camp played combo of LAFC and LAGs u17/16/15 teams and beat them.

There was a decent amount of turnover for the Jan and Feb camps. I also don't think the results indicate anything about any of the teams other than they are all talented players. Meaning the results aren't transferable... Strikers could beat YNT and lose to LAG or beat LAG and lose to LAFC who beat LAG but lose to YNT or yeah... I also know that the YNT kids were gassed by the end of that week. They also played abnormally poor. Not minimizing Strikers victory (see my above post about my respect for Willie). More, just saying not too much to learn from the YNT/Strikers/LAG/LAFC camps other than what we already know. Those are three top teams.

Video is in previous post in this thread.

Back