2007 DA

The overwhelming majority of MLS next players will not play beyond the college level, if even that.

Well they will find that out now younger on that potential dead end. U17 end of that for MLS locals. if you haven't been promoted out of NEXT or training with the men by U17 your chances would be gettng slimmer.

NEXT for non MLS is not that much different vs some of the other club leagues, lots of potential for exposure or recruiting but maybe not as big as ECNL with all the events they run. NEXT playoffs has some good numbers buts it's end of year so likely only prime for juniors or sophomores.

ML
Well they will find that out now younger on that potential dead end. U17 end of that for MLS locals. if you haven't been promoted out of NEXT or training with the men by U17 your chances would be gettng slimmer.

NEXT for non MLS is not that much different vs some of the other club leagues, lots of potential for exposure or recruiting but maybe not as big as ECNL with all the events they run. NEXT playoffs has some good numbers buts it's end of year so likely only prime for juniors or sophomores.
This year, there will apparently be showcases in the winter and spring as well as the MLS Next playoffs (and maybe showcase too) in the summer. So, I don't think it will be any different in terms of number of showcases than any of the other so-called elite leagues.

MLS Next. I’ve heard the same thing. And I think it will be regional, although I’m not positive about that.
These are the dates and events calendared but not listed at https://www.mlssoccer.com/mlsnext/schedule/2021-2022/u15_mls-next-schedule

MLS Next Regional Winter Showcase, Dec 3-7, Silverlakes Complex, Norco, CA.
GA Cup: April 9-17. Location TBD.
Regional Event(s): May 14-15, 2022. Locations TBD
MLS Next Playoffs & Showcase: June 25-July 3rd. Location rumored to be Oceanside, CA

Well, the score was 1-0 Strikers at half. Two quick goals to start second half for Strikers and the fact that LAG has no defense who gave two penalties makes the Strikers look good. Overall, LAG had about 80% possession but Strikers had killer instinct when it attacked.
It looks like LAFC will win the conference again but the battle for second and third place should be fun between Strikers, TFA, LAG and Nomads who have ungraded and are undefeated. My money is on Strikers and TFA.

Can anyone give any insight on Strikers 5-1 victory over LA Galaxy ? What is going on with Galaxy ? Are Strikers a team to watch ?

I won't disparage LAG but I will say that Strikers was very cohesive as a team. Also, Strikers won many of the individual battles across the field. The result was not a fluke and Strikers earned their victory.

I won't disparage LAG but I will say that Strikers was very cohesive as a team. Also, Strikers won many of the individual battles across the field. The result was not a fluke and Strikers earned their victory.
Based on what they did last year with the U15s and the loss to Strikers, I would expect to see some more Galaxy U16s bio-banded down to shore things up for the U15s against tougher opponents.

Strikers had a better attack and a better defense than LAG. In the midfield Galaxy seemed stronger. The strikers went around or above them. Galaxy seemed to have more possession (no official stats, just looking at the game on youtube) but they didn't do much with it and when they lost the ball (which they did a lot on 1V1 or 2V2 battles, or simply by failing to connect simple passes) they got punished by a more effective Strikers attacking line. The 2 PKs seemed deserved (on the video).

Well, the score was 1-0 Strikers at half. Two quick goals to start second half for Strikers and the fact that LAG has no defense who gave two penalties makes the Strikers look good. Overall, LAG had about 80% possession but Strikers had killer instinct when it attacked.
It looks like LAFC will win the conference again but the battle for second and third place should be fun between Strikers, TFA, LAG and Nomads who have ungraded and are undefeated. My money is on Strikers and TFA.
Nomads were fortunate to tie Strikers. TFA lost to a much weaker Albion team. My money is on Strikers as well. Chula Vista is going to compete for the top 5. Only 27 league games to go. It's going to be interesting.

we watch 3 of the four games that day between Strikers and Galaxy and there were a few things that stood out.
Strikers seemed technically quicker on the ball and countered much faster than galaxy had anticipated at 07 and 08 age group.
One big thing is that whether its taught or not , the galaxy CLUB as a whole seemed to play constant in grabbing, tripping, fouling unnecessary , almost tackling kids throughout the 3 games I watched.
I get going all in , but listening to the galaxy coaches, didnt seem like they were telling their players to stop it......

Strikers had a better attack and a better defense than LAG. In the midfield Galaxy seemed stronger. The strikers went around or above them. Galaxy seemed to have more possession (no official stats, just looking at the game on youtube) but they didn't do much with it and when they lost the ball (which they did a lot on 1V1 or 2V2 battles, or simply by failing to connect simple passes) they got punished by a more effective Strikers attacking line. The 2 PKs seemed deserved (on the video).

Not super impressed with Strikers coaching. Why do all coaches think verbal criticism during the game is effective??

Not super impressed with Strikers coaching. Why do all coaches think verbal criticism during the game is effective??
Don't condone it and don't think its effective, but for most kids at this age and level it goes in one ear and out the other...if they even hear it during the game. Most of these players a focused on the game at hand and not their coach.

Is there a way to find out who is rostered to what teams? Not able to find out on MLS Next website.
I haven't seen that information anywhere. Last year it took awhile for MLS Next to post it.

Don't condone it and don't think its effective, but for most kids at this age and level it goes in one ear and out the other...if they even hear it during the game. Most of these players a focused on the game at hand and not their coach.

I haven't seen that information anywhere. Last year it took awhile for MLS Next to post it.
I THINK I saw some Instagram posts by some teams that announced rosters-- it may take some searching but that may be 1 way to find the rosters-- or going to each teams academy website....

I THINK I saw some Instagram posts by some teams that announced rosters-- it may take some searching but that may be 1 way to find the rosters-- or going to each teams academy website....
I'm specifically looking for VC Fusion but they don't have their roster listed.

Strikers have their best coaches in NEXT.

Haven't seen any of their games yet. Some coaches have different styles,. Only positive reinforcement while others will chew your leg for basically being out of position, not turbo running, etc.

Joystick coaching can be effective to play a certain system or win games at the younger ages but players have to learn to do everything on their own or instinctively because that coach won't be around or doing that once they hit a certain age or level.

The clubs you see at the older ages performing really well and getting practically every u18/19 player into a college or beyond programs are normally the ones who develop players who think and act for themselves before or instead of coach(s) having to remind them vocally on the field, especially repeatedly.

Back