2005 DA Standings

here's predicts vs actuals for this last weekend (11/16). home team is listed first

SoCal
predict: LAUFA 3 - Albion 2/actuals: LAUFA 1 - Albion 2
note: per game report, LAUFA went ahead 1-0 at the 19th minute but Albion's AG got two right before half. No goals in 2h, and the final scoreline was 2-1 Albion.

Looking at results over the season so far, LAUFA has two players accounting for ten of their 13 goals ytd. That's just a tough load to carry, and easy for other teams to game plan. To be fair, Albion's not much better with AG scoring eight of Albion's 18 goals so far.

predict: LAFC 5 - Arsenal 0/actuals: pending - does anyone have the score here?

predict: LA Galaxy 5 - Pateadores 2/actuals: LA Galaxy 6 - Pateadores 3

Non-SoCal
predict: Ballistic 2 - De Anza 1/actuals: Ballistic 1 - De Anza 4
note: game report tells a story that the match may have been a bit closer than the scoreline indicates. De Anza was only up 1-0 at ht. And Ballistic tied it up 1-1 at the 57th minute. But De Anza quickly came back at the 58th minute to go ahead 2-1, and then got a pk at the 70th minute and one last goal at the 80th minute for the 4-1 win. Does anyone have more commentary on this one?

predict: Crossfire Premier 0 - SVSA 1/actuals: Crossfire Premier 0 - SVSA 1 (thx for the score Husky13!)

predict: Crossfire Premier 1 - Sacramento Republic 2/actuals: Crossfire Premier 1 - Sacramento Republic 3

predict: Vancouver Whitecaps 2 - Sacramento Republic 2/actuals: pending - does anyone have the score here?

predict: Vancouver Whitecaps 0 - SVSA 1/actuals: pending - does anyone have the score here?

DA website says Vancouver 2-1 over Sac Republic, a mild surprise. However, the DA website also says Crossfire 1-0 over SVSA, and I watched the game and know that the score was the opposite (1-0 SVSA), so hard to have 100% confidence in what is reported ….

here's predicts for this coming weekend (11/23) home is listed first, and order is alpha by home team. some good matches coming up.

SoCal
Barca 4 - LAGSD 1

FC Golden State 3 - Arsenal 0

LAUFA 1 - Real SoCal 4

LAFC 1 - Real Salt Lake 0 - match to watch (bring the popcorn!)
note: where to start? could write a whole thread but will save it for the post mortem.

Couple of key fun items to watch:

• LAFC has 10 shut outs over their last 15 matches (includes GA matches); RSL only has six over their last 14 matches (includes GA matches) but four of those shutouts have come in their last five games. (edge: current trend gives slight edge to RSL)
  • LAFC's 8/10 DC (did not called up to u15 ynt) matched vs RSL's 6 JB (did get called up). (edge: slight edge to RSL)
  • LAFC's defender AL (got called up to MX u15) vs RSL front line (did not go to Poland for usynt) (edge: AL and LAFC - yes, yes, this seems to contradict the first bullet... the D trend favors RSL but the overall D to D compare favors LAFC)
Keys to match:
RSL's offense is only averaging +12% more goals scored vs average goals allowed by opponents vs LAFC is averaging +207% more goals scored than average goals allowed. So:

1) can RSL figure out a way past AL and company?
2) RSL has a decent match-up w/ JB vs DC but RSL also figure out how to control SR and RW (both to keep them from scoring and helping other LAFC players score)?

(will be at the match. come by and say hi.)

Pateadores 3 - LA Galaxy 6 - match to watch
note: algo surprised on this one. wouldn't have thought the numbers would have the Pats getting 3 on LAG, but that's exactly what happened last week in the LAG vs Pats DA cup match, and algo says it will be the exact same result as last week (the algo may be being a little lazy here...) last week it was relatively tight in the first half, w/ LAG ahead 2-1 at ht but then it opened up wide with seven total goals scored in 2h. be interesting to see how these two teams manage the match this time around.

from looking at the game report, looks like LAG finally has several key players back, so will be looking for a bit more from them moving forward.

San Diego Surf 3 - Albion 1

TFA 3 - Strikers 2 - match to watch
note: TFA has solidly come back this season after losing a number of players. meanwhile, Strikers are doing well but not as well as in years past. Subtext to this one is that TFA's coach from last year is now coaching the Strikers. should be fun to watch.

Non-SoCal
Ballistic 2 - Portland Timbers 2 (edge: ballistic) - match to watch
note: algo has incorporated Ballistic's losses to De Anza and SJ and now has a more realistic assessment of Ballistic, so this match is legit shot for Ballistic to put another MLS notch in its belt. be interesting to see how this one goes.

Sacramento Republic 1 - SVSA 2 - match to watch
note: at first glance this looks off, but dug into the results for both teams and can this result happening. will be a surprise but sometimes the algo is really good at picking up on the kinds of results that may seem non-intuitive at first glance. will see.

San Jose Earthquakes 3 - Portland Timbers 1

Vancouver Whitecaps 1 - Seattle Sounders 2

DA website says Vancouver 2-1 over Sac Republic, a mild surprise. However, the DA website also says Crossfire 1-0 over SVSA, and I watched the game and know that the score was the opposite (1-0 SVSA), so hard to have 100% confidence in what is reported ….
awesome... gigo.

thx for the heads-up. will keep an eye for corrected results/changes to results and input accordingly.

quick correction: on the LAFC - RSL write-up, when I mentioned AL for LAFC, I meant DR for LAFC. AL plays for the LAFC u17 team, and I believe, has been called into the MX ynt camp, but am not aware that DR has.

(BJ18, thx for the catch!)

Excellent point xavi10.
I agree with you. You make a valid point.
Except for the fact that the original 2004 LAFC boys are damn good.. the original 2005 LAFC boys are damn good.. and their new arrival 2006 LAFC boys are damn good. All three of these teams kick ass continuously every game day. Now for sake of argument we can disregard the 2006’s cause they’re new.. but then how do you explain the existing 04 and 05 team? There are still players on these teams who are originals. They were playing before LAFC even had their name made up. They were playing when Joey Cascio was their only coach. I’m talking about over two years ago... there’s still about 7 to 10 of these boys who were the very first originals. The originals of the originals. And I’m giving these boys the respect they deserve. So if you hate LAFC cause they win or you hate LAFC cause they recruit or you hate LAFC cause they’re MLS.. I don’t care what your reasons; I will stick up for these boys. I’ve watched them before there was a stadium. I’ve watched them before they had a name. I’ve watched them before they had a home to practice on. I’ve watched them four to five nights a week busting their butts for over two years... so if you think I care that they recruit but not develop? You’re wrong Sir. I’m happy they recruit only the best and develop only the best.
There is only 1 04 LAFC “Original” & I believe maybe 3-4 05 LAFC “Originals” left from the U12 team that Joey Cascio coached. If you’re talking about the 2nd year of the LAFC academy, when LAFC picked up the previous TFA 04 & 05 teams, there maybe more of those kids still there, making the 7-8 kids a more accurate statement. But those TFA kids were not a part of the Originals.

here's predicts vs actuals for this last weekend (11/23) home is listed first, and order is alpha by home team. some good matches this weekend. Happy Turkey Day!

quick question: couple of key players were not rostered for the respective teams. anyone have any news on 05 YNT to share? either for posting or DM.

SoCal
predict: Barca 4 - LAGSD 1 actuals: Barca 1 - LAGSD 1
note: interesting result. A little subtext with this one since several ex-SD Surf players from 2018-19 are team rostered on Barca and several are rostered on LAGSD. having said that, MMG was not on the game roster for this one. not much info on the game report. 0-0 at ht. BR got a card at the 47th minute and then got a goal for Barca at the 50th minute. LAGSD tied it up at the 70th minute.

anyone have any more commentary or insight? either for posting or dm.

predict: FC Golden State 3 - Arsenal 0 actuals: FC Golden State 3 - Arsenal 0

predict: LAUFA 1 - Real SoCal 4 actuals: LAUFA 1 - Real SoCal 3

predict: LAFC 1 - Real Salt Lake 0 actuals: LAFC 2 - Real Salt Lake 1
note: got there late on this match. From the look of it, RSL's mid field was technically OK but not strong, and JB was not on the game roster. LAFC looked fairly dominant but mostly due to individual LAFC players being strong than the individual RSL players.Having said that, LAFC's backline was swinging the ball every efficiently. Saw the ball move up to RSL's right wing a couple of of times and LAFC was clearly very aware of this.

Any other comments - either for post or DM - from folks who saw more of the match?

predict: Pateadores 3 - LA Galaxy 6 actuals: Pateadores 2 - LA Galaxy 2
note: per game report, LAG finally has several key players back but came out with a less than expected result. Pats got one early but LAG got two back to make it 2-1 LAG at ht. Pats scored late for the 2-2 tie.

From reading the game report, only two cents is that LAG needs to figure out how to play both JO and JR at the same time. have glanced at the numbers and having those two on the field at the same time seems to be LAG's secret sauce but it doesn't happen often. will take another look n the coming weeks at this one.

Any other comments - either for post or DM - from folks who saw more of the match?

predict: San Diego Surf 3 - Albion 1 actuals: rescheduled.

predict: TFA 3 - Strikers 2 actuals: TFA 3 - Strikers 4
note: TFA has solidly come back this season after losing a number of players. meanwhile, Strikers are doing well but not as well as in years past.

per game report, looks like it was fun match to watch. WD was there coaching the Strikers against his former team, TFA. TFA scored first at the 5th min ute but the Strikers came back with two goals to make it 2-1 but TFA got one back right before half to make it 2-2 at ht. Looks like there was some intense/emotional ten minute period with the Strikers getting two quick goals at the 54th and 56th minute, and TFA scoring one at the 58th minute. TFA also had two cards at the 54th and 61st minute. After that, things settled down, and the final result was 4-3 Strikers.

Non-SoCal
predict: Ballistic 2 - Portland Timbers 2 actuals: Ballistic 2 - Portland Timbers 5
predict: Sacramento Republic 1 - SVSA 2 actuals: Sacramento Republic 4 - SVSA 0
predict: San Jose Earthquakes 3 - Portland Timbers 1 actuals: San Jose Earthquakes 2 - Portland Timbers 3
predict: Vancouver Whitecaps 1 - Seattle Sounders 2 actuals: Vancouver Whitecaps 0 - Seattle Sounders 3

Back