2003/2004 Boys. Standings, games of the week etc...

Good comeback by LAFC after being down 3-0 at the half, they found a way to get the draw with two late goals.

Just when it looked like it was going to be repeat of the first game, LAFC made some adjustments and subs and that changed the game.

Both teams need to pick it up to make the playoffs as the SW is tight this season. Should be interesting rest of the way. good luck

Using the players they never play made a difference. What’s going on internally. Dramatic amount of staff is LEAVING the club.

here's predicts vs actuals for this last weekend (2/8/20). home team is listed first.

SoCal:
predict: Arsenal 1 - Albion 1 / actuals: Arsenal 0 - Albion 0

predict: LAGSD 2 - Pateadores 6 / actuals: pending - anyone have the score on this one?

predict: Real SoCal 1 - Nomads 1 / actuals: Real SoCal 5 - Nomads 0
note: the algo was way off on this one. anyone have any commentary/insights into this match? either for here or via dm?

predict: LAFC 2 - LA Galaxy 1 / actuals: LAFC 4 - LA Galaxy 4
note: per all accounts this match was something. please see the commentary above.

SoCal Adjacent Match:
predict: San Jose Earthquakes 3 - De Anza Force 1 / actuals: San Jose Earthquakes 0 - De Anza Force 2

I don’t know what the reason is. But take a look. All new faces. Haven’t seen a few players either. I heard another coach out the end of this month. Parents asking questions.

I dont see it mate....looks like same people to me at U16/17 team

From everything I’ve heard this age group is a disaster for the so cal teams. Albion’s coach fired due to drinking on the way home from Dallas cup. Surf coach never around, practices on and off and team always with u19 coach who isn’t even DA certified. Nomads kids quitting and coming back each week and it’s a mystery who will show up. Galaxy has a roster of a million and roster vastly different lineups each week. Probs apparently at LAFC.

My only observation is that there is ZERO oversight from DA. These programs are crap (and expensive crap) and with no one keeping an eye on them they are all run into the ground. The only metric DOC care about now is playoffs and truly only the MLS teams show well there. So it’s a shitshow everywhere else. Huge huge huge winter break. Let the non MLS DA kids play high school. They’ve been sitting around anyways since Florida.

Big cat keeper coach Quit
Cristiano Scapolo Quit
Christine Hsieh Quit
Gerardo Cisneros Quit
Coach Jason Quit

2 more coaches quitting soon.
You happen not to notice ??

Jason is still there. And what 2 other coaches would you be referring to?

Also, Gerardo and Christine were not coaches, just administrators.

Last edited:
Jason is still there. And what 2 other coaches would you be referring to?

Also, Gerardo and Christine were not coaches, just administrators.
Not sure quit is the right term either; CR took a better paying job and a promotion pretty much.

In any case there is always going to be a certain turnover rate and moving pieces with youth coaches, promotions and those looking to be directors in there own right seem to be almost common in the da. Not every coach works out either so some just don't last past the initial term(s).

LAFC results for the u17 & U15's for the higher level events like the DA cup and Gen Addias haven't been great so far but with the changes things are trending in a better direction now IMO.

Ussda is more about the training, fewer better competitions vs sheer number or regular frequent league games. This works for some better than others, the well organized & financed groups tend to get more of the season by playing friendlies, traveling a bit to tournaments, and keeping players engaged regularly.

But yeah the no HS rules is not needed IMO, doesn't serve a purpose to help players.

Not sure quit is the right term either; CR took a better paying job and a promotion pretty much.

In any case there is always going to be a certain turnover rate and moving pieces with youth coaches, promotions and those looking to be directors in there own right seem to be almost common in the da. Not every coach works out either so some just don't last past the initial term(s).

LAFC results for the u17 & U15's for the higher level events like the DA cup and Gen Addias haven't been great so far but with the changes things are trending in a better direction now IMO.

Ussda is more about the training, fewer better competitions vs sheer number or regular frequent league games. This works for some better than others, the well organized & financed groups tend to get more of the season by playing friendlies, traveling a bit to tournaments, and keeping players engaged regularly.

But yeah the no HS rules is not needed IMO, doesn't serve a purpose to help players.

Results for the U15s at GA Cup? They had 5 wins, 1 loss and gave up 1 goal in six games. Doesn’t seem too shabby to me.

Results for the U15s at GA Cup? They had 5 wins, 1 loss and gave up 1 goal in six games. Doesn’t seem too shabby to me.

Came in 2nd didn't quality for the international group. For a top MLS club that's disappointing but not shabby at all.

Came in 2nd didn't quality for the international group. For a top MLS club that's disappointing but not shabby at all.

Unfortunate that they put the two best teams at this age group, FC Dallas and LAFC in the same group. Only giving up 1 goal in 6 games is not disappointing IMO, but we can beg to differ.

Unfortunate that they put the two best teams at this age group, FC Dallas and LAFC in the same group. Only giving up 1 goal in 6 games is not disappointing IMO, but we can beg to differ.

The objective to always play the next level is either met or not? In this case the not would be considered disappointing w/ opportunities lost, circumstances or not.

Here's predicts for this weekend (2/22). Home team is listed first. Got some good games coming up this weekend.

SoCal
Albion 0 - FC Golden State 2
Strikers 1 - LAFC 3
Pateadores 3 - Barca 4 - match to watch
LAGSD 1 - Real Salt Lake 3
FC Golden State 2 - Barca 2 - match to watch
Real SoCal 2 - LA Galaxy 1 - match to watch
Nomads 1 - Real Salt Lake 1 - match to watch

SoCal Adjacent
SVSA 2 - Portland Timbers 4
Breakers 1 - Seattle Sounders 2
Ballistic 2 - Sacramento Republic 3 - match to watch
SVSA 1 - Seattle Sounders 2
Breakers 3 - Portland Timbers 3

How do the 04/03 parents on board feel about Sacha van der Most van Spijk leaving Galaxy? I guess he didn't see eye to eye with Juan Carlos Ortega.. it was long overdue getting rid of Cienfuegos but Sacha came as a surpise

How do the 04/03 parents on board feel about Sacha van der Most van Spijk leaving Galaxy? I guess he didn't see eye to eye with Juan Carlos Ortega.. it was long overdue getting rid of Cienfuegos but Sacha came as a surpise

Cienfuegos is gone? Sacha leaving...wow, I really need to start paying more attention. Que loco el mundo del Futbol!

To what I hear Ortega is hard to work with. He brought 2 players from Mexico for the 03 division that are not even as good as the current players. Coaches say Ortega has the Mexican soccer is better mentality. He feels that the boys playing MLS here aren’t as good. So he won’t accept any tryouts.

Here's predicts vs actuals for this weekend (2/22). Home team is listed first. Got some good games coming up this weekend.

SoCal
predict: Albion 0 - FC Golden State 2 actuals: Albion 1 - FC Golden State 0
note: surprised by this one. does anyone have more insight/details on this match? either here or via dm?

predict: Strikers 1 - LAFC 3 actuals: Strikers 1 - LAFC 3

predict: Pateadores 3 - Barca 4 actuals: Pateadores 1 - Barca 2

predict: LAGSD 1 - Real Salt Lake 3 actuals: LAGSD 0 - Real Salt Lake 2

predict: FC Golden State 2 - Barca 2 actuals: FC Golden State 6 - Barca 4

predict: Real SoCal 2 - LA Galaxy 1 actuals: pending - does anyone have this score?

predict: Nomads 1 - Real Salt Lake 1 actuals: Nomads 0 - Real Salt Lake 2

SoCal Adjacent
predict: SVSA 2 - Portland Timbers 4 actuals: SVSA 1 - Portland Timbers 2

predict: Breakers 1 - Seattle Sounders 2 actuals: Breakers 1 - Seattle Sounders 0
note: surprised by this one. does anyone have more insight/details on this match? either here or via dm? this Breakers u17 team just took down two MLS teams this weekend with better than expected defense. nice work.

predict: Ballistic 2 - Sacramento Republic 3 actuals: Ballistic 1 - Sacramento Republic 3

predict: SVSA 1 - Seattle Sounders 2 actuals: SVSA 0 - Seattle Sounders 2

predict: Breakers 3 - Portland Timbers 3 actuals: Breakers 3 - Portland Timbers 2

Here's predicts vs actuals for this weekend (2/22). Home team is listed first. Got some good games coming up this weekend.

SoCal
predict: Albion 0 - FC Golden State 2 actuals: Albion 1 - FC Golden State 0
note: surprised by this one. does anyone have more insight/details on this match? either here or via dm?

predict: Strikers 1 - LAFC 3 actuals: Strikers 1 - LAFC 3

predict: Pateadores 3 - Barca 4 actuals: Pateadores 1 - Barca 2

predict: LAGSD 1 - Real Salt Lake 3 actuals: LAGSD 0 - Real Salt Lake 2

predict: FC Golden State 2 - Barca 2 actuals: FC Golden State 6 - Barca 4

predict: Real SoCal 2 - LA Galaxy 1 actuals: pending - does anyone have this score?

predict: Nomads 1 - Real Salt Lake 1 actuals: Nomads 0 - Real Salt Lake 2

SoCal Adjacent
predict: SVSA 2 - Portland Timbers 4 actuals: SVSA 1 - Portland Timbers 2

predict: Breakers 1 - Seattle Sounders 2 actuals: Breakers 1 - Seattle Sounders 0
note: surprised by this one. does anyone have more insight/details on this match? either here or via dm? this Breakers u17 team just took down two MLS teams this weekend with better than expected defense. nice work.

predict: Ballistic 2 - Sacramento Republic 3 actuals: Ballistic 1 - Sacramento Republic 3

predict: SVSA 1 - Seattle Sounders 2 actuals: SVSA 0 - Seattle Sounders 2

predict: Breakers 3 - Portland Timbers 3 actuals: Breakers 3 - Portland Timbers 2

1-0 RSC over Galaxy.

Back