2003/2004 Boys. Standings, games of the week etc...

R2564952

SILVER
New season, how is everyone doing? Are the rosters complete at your sons team? Does the team look stronger than last year? Which teams do y'all reckon will top the table in 2019/20? Galaxy has a few 03’s playing with “Los Dos”... I’m sure they will bring them down to play the tougher teams to help with standings, playoffs and generations cup.

FcGS vs LAFC should be a good game. The FCGS 03 boys have always been dominant. Let’s see how the LAFC’s 04’s
My prediction is 3-2 for LAFC

DA cup games going on for positions at the winter cup in Dec. Almost like preseason since the league standings are only for regular season games with teams & players getting situated.

GSA vs LAFC at San Bernardino so that's a advantage for GSA. Can the GSA defense manage to contain LAFC? That's the difference in the Game IMO, that and if the two offensive players who mostly train & play with the 18's start for this game?

2-2 good game. LAFC was up at half 2-0 FCGS came back for tie.
Lafc missed penalty in second half
Very aggressive game

New season, how is everyone doing? Are the rosters complete at your sons team? Does the team look stronger than last year? Which teams do y'all reckon will top the table in 2019/20? Galaxy has a few 03’s playing with “Los Dos”... I’m sure they will bring them down to play the tougher teams to help with standings, playoffs and generations cup.
Do you know anything about the Strikers 03 DA? I'm sure LAFC, Galaxy, and GS will be amongst the top contenders for best standings. I reckon Arsenal and Strikers will have some trouble.

Strikers not doing well. Have not won a game. Young coach. Best midfielder is playing up. They seem to lose the ball in the midfield and play the ball back- way too much.

Strikers not doing well. Have not won a game. Young coach. Best midfielder is playing up. They seem to lose the ball in the midfield and play the ball back- way too much.
Too bad for Strikers, I hear because they are a pay to play academy, the talent is scarce and not many come to try out.

Do you know anything about the Strikers 03 DA? I'm sure LAFC, Galaxy, and GS will be amongst the top contenders for best standings. I reckon Arsenal and Strikers will have some trouble.

Its seems like Real Salt Lake U-16/17
is the real deal in the south west division, blowing out some of the better MLS teams so
far. Real Salt Lake next 4 games.

Sat Oct 19 home vs Pateadores

Sat Oct 26 home vs Albion

Sat Nov 9 home vs LA Galaxy

Sat Nov 23 road game against LAFC

DA cup standings
http://www.ussoccerda.com/boys_dacupstandings

5 out of 8 teams advance to winter cup from top group
http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/ss/schedule.php?v=3&divisionID=NDQxMDM5

GSA, Pats, Quakes appear to be playing for the last couple of spots so there next couple games are must wins. Going to need about 10 or more points to finish top 5 and make it to the winter cup. Going all the way to Florida for just a showcase would be a disappointment for those that don't qualify IMO.

RSL is going to make it tough to finish top 3 in regular SW league so the cup offers another chance for playoffs via wildcard for top 8 finishers

LAFC vs. Galaxy this weekend should be a good one.

Galaxy going with the 03's since the 04's on the road to Croatia and that could be the difference, Galaxy 03''s with the experience advantage especially those that have been training & playing with the 18's. Will they roster & start these players?

LAFC always up for the Galaxy games and they may have a few surprises in store including a new 03 attacking player that might make the roster by deadline time. This is the game where we might see some of those attackers get going, if so LAFC could take this game that they need for the DA cup points.

here's predicts for this weekend (10/4). home team is listed first.

caveat #1: only includes matches where both teams have at least four games in 2019-20.

caveat #2 : most teams have fairly large team rosters but can only roster 18 for the game so a fair amount of potential variability is present.

eg, LA Galaxy are sending their 04s to Croatia and they won't be available this weekend. looking at the numbers, LAG will actually be giving some goal scoring if they're sending all the 04s, but will get better defensively. the predict incorporates these changes.

SoCal Matches
LA Galaxy 1 vs LAFC 1 (edge to LAG; algo has it LAG 1.30 vs LAFC .82)
San Jose Earthquakes 2 vs FC Golden State 2 (edge to FCG; algo has it SJ 1.52 vs FCG 1.76)

non-SoCal Matches (for DA Cup reference)
Colorado Rapids 4 vs Real Colorado 1
De Anza Force 1 vs Sacramento Republic 2
Portland Timbers 3 vs Vancouver Whitecaps 2

again, teams not listed above are playing in matches where at least one of the teams has not played at least four games to date.

LAG 4 or 5? to 1 over LAFC

LAFC scored on a nice rebound header off a corner #4 but Galaxy took over after 2-1 HT. Dominate 2nd half, almost all the action in the LAFC half, several shots, crosses, goals evenutally, 2-3 more as the Galaxy looked like they could score at will while LAFC struggle to get anything going or play out the back under the pressure.

Galaxy should get a high seed in the DA Cup and might be one favorites while LAFC faces a must win vs Quakes to just make the Cup, a early knockout for one it looks like.

I would think LAFC would make better decisions on their line up.

There is always the generations addidas cup next week to regroup and try something different.

Galaxy really dominated and almost toyed with LAFC at times, there game plan, tatics, teamwork, skills, style was just much better on this day.

I would think LAFC would make better decisions on their line up.

Apparently LAFC is more focused on developing their 04’s and that may be the reason why they haven’t added many 03’s. While that’s understandable, what they need to realize is that part of development is not only playing against the best, but also playing WITH the best. I believe all the 03’s they added are strikers and one keeper. But what about the defense? I believe they need help in that area. Also, what good are the forwards if the midfield cannot get the ball to them. I’m a fan of LAFC, hopefully they’ll make some adjustments and get it together.

Back