You call it

NickName

SILVER ELITE
Going to leave this one a bit ambiguous

Whats the call?

Foul on both teams for playing in the air and not trying to get the ball on the ground.
And foul on whatever park that is for such a crappy looking field.

Last edited:
Foul on both teams for playing in the air snd not trying to get the ball on the ground.
And foul on whatever park that is for such a crappy looking field.

I'll assume you are joking about the "foul on both teams", but I agree that the field is crap.

My son was Freshman coach for several years, so went to a lot of the games. Some of those fields were not even marked correctly.

High School field and yes, its crap. Fortunately they've been able to play most of their home games on the Varsity turf field.
You should see it when its dry. All the kids look like Pig Pen from Peanuts

peanuts-pigpen-schulz.jpg

the call is, the kid in the white is bigger than the other kid.

actually, when you see the emphasis with the elbow, foul on the bigger kid.

Foul and a caution to white 24 for the right forearm to the face. In the dual system there should have been a ref fairly close by to see it.

No call. Whistle blown with the player on the ground and ball given to white.

It was initially the forearm that caught my attention during the game. Not sure the ref caught it or felt it was to the level of a foul.

*edit: ref was about 8-10 yards to the right of the play along the line

Slowing it down to 1/4 speed seems they come together. White player is definitely bigger and tougher, but not reason to call a foul on white vs. blue. Any call or no call would be correct.

Slowing it down to 1/4 speed seems they come together. White player is definitely bigger and tougher, but not reason to call a foul on white vs. blue. Any call or no call would be correct.
Watching at 1/4 speed, it seems like Mike Tyson's fist and Leon Spinks' head come together. Spinks was clearly moving into the path of Tyson's fist, so...

Look, I get why maybe the ref didn't call it, because the blue player does initiate contact by trying to make a play on the ball. Also, the angle of the video makes it look like the forearm is what decked the kid, but I suppose it's possible that from the field angle, it might have appeared that the forearm came up after the kid in blue was already down. But to me, but it's raising the forearm and not making a play on the ball that makes it a foul. That's not being "bigger and tougher." That's the definition of reckless play and should be cautioned. Refs like you who say "aw, he's just tougher" are why games get out of hand. If I was the kid who got decked, you can be damn sure I would be looking to lift my forearms and knock that other kid on his ass the next play... unless that kid got cautioned by the ref, thereby making it clear that forearm shivers are fouls and cautionable. Because guess, what, when a ref lets that kind of "toughness" go uncalled, that's how things escalate and fights get started... especially with HS boys.

Actually, after watching it again in slow motion, I retract my statement that the blue player initiated contact. The player in white doesn't attempt to play the ball at all, sees the opponent and goes into him with the intent to knock him down. Foul. All day, every day.

Actually, after watching it again in slow motion, I retract my statement that the blue player initiated contact. The player in white doesn't attempt to play the ball at all, sees the opponent and goes into him with the intent to knock him down. Foul. All day, every day.

Looks to me like they are both off the ground with their heads at about the same level just as the ball comes down to head level, although it is not clear which player got contact with the ball.

Judging a player's "intent" is a minefield for any referee.

Back