Womens College Coaching Hotseat

Patrick Farmer retires from Cornell, and now going to KY. That was a short retirement.

My mistake
Just got Patrick Farmer info clarified from Lexington friends.
He is going to D3 school in Lexington,
not UK.

University of Miami Hurricanes finally wised up. That is a destination program in the ACC. Anybody have an idea who may be on the 'short list' to replace?

Anyone have insight on Hurricane interviews? Miami.....ACC......P5.......academically solid......easy to recruit from east and west coasts......awesome opportunity for the right coach, no?

Notre Dame.....Miami.....wow! ACC is re-tooling and rightfully so. Miami......beautiful weather, UCLA-ish close to coast and solid academics. Should be a top tier program in the ACC. Notre Dame is, well Notre Dame. Not unlike Penn State, a magnet for top talent...IF you have a good coach. All of course IMHO.

It will be interesting to see who lands at these programs.

http://www.und.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/012218aac.html

Notre Dame.....Miami.....wow! ACC is re-tooling and rightfully so. Miami......beautiful weather, UCLA-ish close to coast and solid academics. Should be a top tier program in the ACC. Notre Dame is, well Notre Dame. Not unlike Penn State, a magnet for top talent...IF you have a good coach. All of course IMHO.

It will be interesting to see who lands at these programs.

http://www.und.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/012218aac.html
What is hard to understand is TR has 11 2019 and another 6 2020 recruited - tough for the next HC.

What is hard to understand is TR has 11 2019 and another 6 2020 recruited - tough for the next HC.
Good point. Without NLI's (and maybe even those that do have NLI's) the 2019's, 2020's etc., have some soul searching to do it would seem.

So close to signing day for 2018's too! A situation I will try to avoid for my DD but you just can't control some things. Puts renewed perspective on emphasizing the school over the soccer program maybe in the event the coach is replaced for whatever reason.

Good point. Without NLI's (and maybe even those that do have NLI's) the 2019's, 2020's etc., have some soul searching to do it would seem.

So close to signing day for 2018's too! A situation I will try to avoid for my DD but you just can't control some things. Puts renewed perspective on emphasizing the school over the soccer program maybe in the event the coach is replaced for whatever reason.
2019 and 2020 don’t have NLI’s yet. NLI happens when they sign as a HS Sr. For soccer it’s the 1st Wednesday of February every calender year.

Notre Dame.....Miami.....wow! ACC is re-tooling and rightfully so. Miami......beautiful weather, UCLA-ish close to coast and solid academics. Should be a top tier program in the ACC.
Annual Cost of Attendance at "The U" is about $65,000 a year. Because of this they'll never catch UF or FSU in the recruiting battle.

You are right though, it's a great place to go to school!

School
Coach
Soccer

It is wise to choose in that order. Lot's can change in 4 or 5 years.

Annual Cost of Attendance at "The U" is about $65,000 a year. Because of this they'll never catch UF or FSU in the recruiting battle.

That's $C and Stanford money!! Yeah with that kind of cost of attendance they are in an even worse situation than $C. At least California has a bigger talent pool and better weather. For girls I don't know how much of a draw South Beach is but if it was early 90's and the sport was football... Let's just say Luther Campbell and the 2 Live Crew were tearing up South Beach at that time...

An even recruiting playing field is the West Coast Conference (all private schools) and Big West Conference (all public schools). As long as they all have the same number of athletic scholarships available.

Example: The CSU schools (LB and Fullerton) prior to this year were winning the WCC titles over the higher academically ranked UC schools in the Big West conference.

No surprised that Pepperdine out recruits all of the other universities in their conference, except for Santa Clara. Pepperdine is a top 50 University in Malibu overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

Last edited:
That's $C and Stanford money!! Yeah with that kind of cost of attendance they are in an even worse situation than $C. At least California has a bigger talent pool and better weather. For girls I don't know how much of a draw South Beach is but if it was early 90's and the sport was football... Let's just say Luther Campbell and the 2 Live Crew were tearing up South Beach at that time...
Oh yeah!! early '90s for me too, and the sport was Baseball! 2 Live Crew and Vanilla Ice were big time.

Good times down in South FL. There's a lot of $$$ at the U. Like Pepperdine and $C, European cars are the norm on campus, even Italian sports cars.

Back