Veo/Trace/Pixellot cam question

Jamisfoes

SILVER ELITE
My son’s club team has a camera. We have over 30 games on film. As far as I know, the coach has not had a film session with the kids. I’m wondering what’s the norm for teams that have these cameras. Do coaches do anything with the footage? Am I expecting too much from the club coach? I have seen an AYSO coach with a Veo and he actually cares enough to watch the games and hold film sessions.

One of our parents has a Veo and our coach has held a handful of video sessions, but I know he does rewatch games and parents definitely watch highlights (and lowlights) with their kids.

My son’s club team has a camera. We have over 30 games on film. As far as I know, the coach has not had a film session with the kids. I’m wondering what’s the norm for teams that have these cameras. Do coaches do anything with the footage? Am I expecting too much from the club coach? I have seen an AYSO coach with a Veo and he actually cares enough to watch the games and hold film sessions.
It's very time consuming to do film sessions. Some do, some don't, but I think that most club soccer coaches probably watch the film themselves to assess players/formations, etc. An AYSO coach willing to volunteer the time to hold film sessions with players is unusually committed, so you were lucky - unless it's a young team, where most of the kids would rather be playing than watching game film.

We use Veo for a few different teams. One coach was a bit ambivalent about it, but still had one video review session. The other 2 teams used it more at the beginning. The parents and players themselves seem to watch the video the most. It is helpful to review games but not all coaches use the video footage.

One coach asked the players to review the video and do a write up of what they did wrong and right, as a team and individually. He also watches the games in case he has to miss a game due to scheduling conflicts with other teams.

Having these cams and giving the parents the ability to view and reviewing the clips creates a situation where now the parents think they know more than the coach. People start to question why certain things are not worked on.

Back