U-14 GNT Roster

Congrats. Teagan that 04 goalie is no joke. She's the best I've ever seen at that age. Even when she plays up on 02 teams, she stands out. Incredible athleticism. Glad she made the roster.
Would be nice to see the breakdown of ECNL/Academy/Others on this team just to see where players fall. Teagan I know is on the WC academy and I assume the legends girls came from academy as well.

Do you have to be US Citizen to be named on the U14 GNT roster. One of the girls has a nationality listed that is not the US. Just looking for clarification and not pointing fingers anywhere.

Do you have to be US Citizen to be named on the U14 GNT roster. One of the girls has a nationality listed that is not the US. Just looking for clarification and not pointing fingers anywhere.
Which girl? I've read thei the list a few times and don't see a foreign country listed

Eligibilty Rules

a) Be born on the territory of the association.

b) Have a biological mother, biological father or grandparent born on that territory.

c) Have lived continuously on that territory for at least five years after reaching the age of 18.

Meaning that a good chunk of youth players are probably elligible for more than one country. Congrats to that player for being called up!

OK didn't dig that deep. There are several military bases in the Philippines who's to say she wasn't born in the Philippines to a US soldier.

No she wasn't. She was born and raised in Temecula and not to a US soldier. Family is of Philippines decent.

Congrats. Teagan that 04 goalie is no joke. She's the best I've ever seen at that age. Even when she plays up on 02 teams, she stands out. Incredible athleticism. Glad she made the roster.
Would be nice to see the breakdown of ECNL/Academy/Others on this team just to see where players fall. Teagan I know is on the WC academy and I assume the legends girls came from academy as well.

My daughter plays w/ Teagan and have to say that as good a player as she is, she's an even better kid... great attitude, unbelievable work ethic and great teammate. We are all very proud of T and none of us are surprised she was called up.

Looking at the roster and I might be wrong but isn't Maggie from SD Surf actually an '05 playing up? If so, huge props!

Congrats to all the girls and it's great to see SoCal represent!

My daughter plays w/ Teagan and have to say that as good a player as she is, she's an even better kid... great attitude, unbelievable work ethic and great teammate. We are all very proud of T and none of us are surprised she was called up.

Looking at the roster and I might be wrong but isn't Maggie from SD Surf actually an '05 playing up? If so, huge props!

Great post love the props to all these kids.
Olivia Moultrie is an 05 playing up on Beach 01! Watch for her name in lights one day she's also enormously talented.

Great post love the props to all these kids.
Olivia Moultrie is an 05 playing up on Beach 01! Watch for her name in lights one day she's also enormously talented.

Is that the girl that played for the Blues when she was 'younger'? If so, I clearly remember her and yes, she's a phenom and definitely deserving.

Is that the girl that played for the Blues when she was 'younger'? If so, I clearly remember her and yes, she's a phenom and definitely deserving.

Yes she was there for a couple years then went to TFA DA now at Beach all the way with the olders.
Excited to see the support everyone is giving these girls. It's a long road and they need all our support.

My DD has played against he many times and she's always been class!

Congratulations to all of the girls selected between the GNT U14 and U15 teams. It will be interesting to see how many of the U14 players are listed next year, the year after and so on. If I recall correctly, there has been some turnover already on the U15 roster (the 03's) from when they were first announced last year.

I was talking to my dd yesterday about the rosters and the upcoming camp (September 10-17) and she asked me what about school for these players. I told her I had no idea how they manage these camps and schools.

Which leads me to a question for the forum.....if your dd (or son) made a National Team camp that conflicted with school, what would you do? I told my my dd that if she were ever invited to a camp that conflicted with her school schedule, the answer would be an easy "no" to the NT camp.

Congratulations to all of the girls selected between the GNT U14 and U15 teams. It will be interesting to see how many of the U14 players are listed next year, the year after and so on. If I recall correctly, there has been some turnover already on the U15 roster (the 03's) from when they were first announced last year.

I was talking to my dd yesterday about the rosters and the upcoming camp (September 10-17) and she asked me what about school for these players. I told her I had no idea how they manage these camps and schools.

Which leads me to a question for the forum.....if your dd (or son) made a National Team camp that conflicted with school, what would you do? I told my my dd that if she were ever invited to a camp that conflicted with her school schedule, the answer would be an easy "no" to the NT camp.

Agree. School is serious, soccer is fun.

So your commenting on a Soccer forum in the middle of the day on a Thursday, and if your DD made the national team camp you would say No because she'd miss school. Oh ok sure thing.

Back