Top Drawer Soccer

anyone that has a top drawer soccer membership can you please post the full article here

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/us-u15-bnt-humbled-by-da-teams_aid44572
CHULA VISTA, California - The U.S. U15 Boys National Team, players born in 2004, lost a pair of games on Wednesday during the midway point of the August camp in Southern California. The Youth National Team started the day with a 1-3 loss to FC Golden State (02/03) Development Academy squad. The group wrapped up the outing with a 0-3 loss to San Diego Surf (02/03) Development Academy squad.

Typically, this recap would go on to mention the standouts from the games and bring some optimism to the outlook of upcoming prospects. However, Wednesday was far from a typical Youth National Team game.

The games lacked the normal competitive edge of a National Team event. There was not much pressure on the ball for the Youth squad. The vocal energy was nonexistent throughout either game. The only time the players really talked was a debate over who was going to take a penalty kick. It felt like a tryout between random players rather than a scrimmage.

It was a strange atmosphere compared to previous camps from the U.S. Youth National Teams over the past decade. Some of the issues on the day can be attributed to a major turnover in the roster from the previous event in Croatia for the 2004 age group.

The new faces, who hoped to impress, stepped into a tough situation with a divided squad and little cohesion or identity. The purpose of these early camps is often talent identification over everything. However, it’s hard to know how much can be gleaned from an international quality standpoint from the games on Wednesday given how little the Youth National Team showed and the lack of competitiveness in either fixture.

The Academy teams played attractive soccer. They tried to knock the ball and build out from the back. It looked easy against the weak pressure for the National Team. FC Golden State destroyed the left side of the field and took advantage of the massive gap between the right back and the right center back. They also had all of the time they wanted to make a forward pass from the center of the field.

San Diego Surf broke pressure with two passes and ran down the center of the field for a number of easy chances in the first half of the win over the Youth National Team. Granted, these are players two years older than the competition - both might be in contention for playoffs spots in the competitive West Conference. However, previous Youth National Team groups have managed to be competitive in these games and show well regardless of the result. Wednesday was not a good showing. It’s difficult to report the action in any other way.

So where does the Youth National Team program go from here?

The Federation recently lifted the hiring freeze so there will be some new minds heading into influential positions in the coming months. The hope being that the new coaches bring a new life to the teams and perhaps a look at some new players. The lone goal of the games came thanks to the play of the only non-Development Academy player on the roster, Jonathan Santillan (Boca OC).

The 2004 age group holds some significance as the birth year for the 2021 U17 World Cup squad so there is an added pressure to seek out the best players early. The reality check from the early events should help the evaluation process for the coaches and the scouting network. Wednesday’s disappointment could be a long-term blessing.

So the 04 national team lost to 02 DA's teams? Pretty sure US women have lost to 02 teams. Huge physical difference in those two years for boys. Article seems very slanted.

Here you go:

Boys DA U15 Showcase Best XI
Article Written by J.R. Eskilson
Published: July 6, 2018
Comments

The Boys Development Academy U15 age group had a Showcase event in Oceanside last week. The three-game event served as an end of the season display for the U15 squads. There were plenty of standout performances from the players.

TopDrawerSoccer highlights the best individual performances from the players in the U15 age group below.

GK Elijah Richardson, Pateadores - Richardson only conceded two goals during three games of the Summer Showcase in Oceanside. The Pats goalkeeper recorded shutouts against Houston Dynamo and Saint Louis FC.

D Alec Kenison, San Diego Surf - Kenison was a standout of the week. He was excellent at left back and had a couple of really great games. His performance against Kendall SC was one of the best individual showings of the week.

D Edwin Dominguez, FC Golden State - Dominguez and his defense were well organized throughout the week. The center back was smart and read the game well. He cut out passes and shut down the attack.

D Ulysses Quintero, FC Golden State - Quintero, like Dominguez, helped FC Golden State record two shutouts and three wins during the Summer Showcase. The FC Golden State defense went against some of the best in the Development Academy and the two center backs helped the team to a successful showing.

D Jason Belloli, Chicago Fire - Belloli’s confident approach helped him stand out from the crowd in Southern California. The towering defender did well and looked at ease when he dominated the game. He was excellent on the tackle and won most of his duels.

M Daniel Edelman, Players Development Academy - Edelman was the engine of the PDA squad. He was always buzzing in the center of the field and had a ton of touches in every game. He played simple and smart.

M Paxten Aaronson, Philadelphia Union - Aaronson was a standout for the Union throughout the week. He had a great opening game against FC Dallas on the Stadium field. He was the creative mastermind of the Union squad.

F Rohit Thakur, North Carolina FC Youth - Thakur is a strong bet to have a long future in this game. He does all of the little things well. He has a good first touch and strikes the ball consistently with excellent technique. He is a dangerous player in the attack and showed her can compete against even the best in the DA during the Showcase.

F Fynn Hayton-Ruffner, San Jose Earthquakes - Hayton-Ruffner was the Player of the Event in the U15 age group. He was great in every game for the Quakes. He is a talented attacking player who has developed his game considerably in the past season.

F Riley Cullum, Chargers Soccer Club - Cullum, playing up an age group, was a standout for Chargers. The speedy winger was the key player for the Chargers’ attack. He created with his individual skill as well as his passing.

F Jonathan Perez, LA Galaxy - Galaxy’s performance in Oceanside was a bit lacking for a squad that had one of the best records during the regular season. However, Perez still put on a dazzling display. The shifty winger was electric in all three games and emerged as a top prospect from the event.

Others considered: Casey Walls (San Jose Earthquakes), Reece Fragle (FC Dallas), Cade Cowell (Ballistic United SC), Aloiune Ka (Solar Soccer Club), Diego Luna (San Jose Earthquakes), Mwinso Denkabe (Silicon Valley Soccer Academy), Rylan Eichem (Chargers SC), Austin Brummett (Seattle Sounders), Stas Korzeniowski (PDA), Marvin Gamez (FC Golden State), OluwaKorede Osundina (Crossfire Premier), Patrick Bohui (Philadelphia Union)

No offense to any of the players but the 04 birth year is lack luster. They’re all very good players individually but not collectively. The 05 birth years in my opinion is where it’s at. There’s something magical collectively with the 05’s.

No offense to any of the players but the 04 birth year is lack luster. They’re all very good players individually but not collectively. The 05 birth years in my opinion is where it’s at. There’s something magical collectively with the 05’s.
So you have watched the 04's play from all corners of the country? As well as the 05's? No offense but this is a stupid post and I couldn't disagree more.

So you have watched the 04's play from all corners of the country? As well as the 05's? No offense but this is a stupid post and I couldn't disagree more.
Yea, just about. Especially when everyone knows that Southern California is the hot bed of soccer talent. But I’ve seen Man U and Swansea and a lot of Mexico Panama Jamaica Costa Rica and I’m sure there’s more so this is my opinion on an opinion forum soo.... your stupid. Watch you will see other people will agree

Oh and I’ve see just about every youth academy mls teams too add
And it's my opinion on an open forum to tell you that I don't agree with your post. A variety of factors go into team chemistry and it doesn't always work as I'm sure you know having watched every single youth team from around the world. You can't say that an entire age group is lack luster (I guess you can because you did) because it makes zero sense. Maybe it makes sense to you but I would be shocked if anyone on this forum agrees that the entire 04 age group is lack luster and the entire 05 age group is.....magical?

And it's my opinion on an open forum to tell you that I don't agree with your post. A variety of factors go into team chemistry and it doesn't always work as I'm sure you know having watched every single youth team from around the world. You can't say that an entire age group is lack luster (I guess you can because you did) because it makes zero sense. Maybe it makes sense to you but I would be shocked if anyone on this forum agrees that the entire 04 age group is lack luster and the entire 05 age group is.....magical?
You’re right. Not the entire 04 group, just most of them. While most 05’s play better collectively. It’s not my fault 04’s play better individually. It’s true. 04’s play a more direct 1vs1 while 05’s look for the 2vs1 or 3vs1 scenarios. Of course I can’t say there’s no exceptions... but overall from what I see is that 05’s mentalities are more suited while 04’s athletistiasms reign supreme. Good enough?

CHULA VISTA, California - The U.S. U15 Boys National Team, players born in 2004, lost a pair of games on Wednesday during the midway point of the August camp in Southern California. The Youth National Team started the day with a 1-3 loss to FC Golden State (02/03) Development Academy squad. The group wrapped up the outing with a 0-3 loss to San Diego Surf (02/03) Development Academy squad.

Typically, this recap would go on to mention the standouts from the games and bring some optimism to the outlook of upcoming prospects. However, Wednesday was far from a typical Youth National Team game.

The games lacked the normal competitive edge of a National Team event. There was not much pressure on the ball for the Youth squad. The vocal energy was nonexistent throughout either game. The only time the players really talked was a debate over who was going to take a penalty kick. It felt like a tryout between random players rather than a scrimmage.

It was a strange atmosphere compared to previous camps from the U.S. Youth National Teams over the past decade. Some of the issues on the day can be attributed to a major turnover in the roster from the previous event in Croatia for the 2004 age group.

The new faces, who hoped to impress, stepped into a tough situation with a divided squad and little cohesion or identity. The purpose of these early camps is often talent identification over everything. However, it’s hard to know how much can be gleaned from an international quality standpoint from the games on Wednesday given how little the Youth National Team showed and the lack of competitiveness in either fixture.

The Academy teams played attractive soccer. They tried to knock the ball and build out from the back. It looked easy against the weak pressure for the National Team. FC Golden State destroyed the left side of the field and took advantage of the massive gap between the right back and the right center back. They also had all of the time they wanted to make a forward pass from the center of the field.

San Diego Surf broke pressure with two passes and ran down the center of the field for a number of easy chances in the first half of the win over the Youth National Team. Granted, these are players two years older than the competition - both might be in contention for playoffs spots in the competitive West Conference. However, previous Youth National Team groups have managed to be competitive in these games and show well regardless of the result. Wednesday was not a good showing. It’s difficult to report the action in any other way.

So where does the Youth National Team program go from here?

The Federation recently lifted the hiring freeze so there will be some new minds heading into influential positions in the coming months. The hope being that the new coaches bring a new life to the teams and perhaps a look at some new players. The lone goal of the games came thanks to the play of the only non-Development Academy player on the roster, Jonathan Santillan (Boca OC).

The 2004 age group holds some significance as the birth year for the 2021 U17 World Cup squad so there is an added pressure to seek out the best players early. The reality check from the early events should help the evaluation process for the coaches and the scouting network. Wednesday’s disappointment could be a long-term blessing.

Ouch!
That's not very motivating.

Nothing burger...your basic drivel from paymetop$toreadsoccer.

Fluff pieces are normally there speciality with "paid" articles, posting anything negative is at least a change but lacks depth

So the 04 national team lost to 02 DA's teams? Pretty sure US women have lost to 02 teams. Huge physical difference in those two years for boys. Article seems very slanted.
Does anyone have the u15 roste for these matches? Can’t find it anywhere

LOL !! How stupid.

Everyone knows the magic number durr. 03s.

Any clearer, Golden State Academy
Lol!!

There is no land in the world that hasn't believed itself the chosen land.
Enjoy invested time with your son or daughter. That simple fact means more than anything else.
Soccer will end up very quickly.

Back