Top 2003 Boys List

INFAMEE

SILVER ELITE
What kaos we have in our hands this year again. I don't even know who's who anymore and what team is at what level? Discovery, what's that? So many elite leagues yet can't find these diamonds in the dirt. Are they even looking, are they capable of identifying one, just one?

Anyway put me up on game. Who do you think the top 5 teams are right now in terms of winning to simplify this?

Let's not even touch on development for the sake of argument.

Preseason so early but from CRL or summer play:
Boca Jrs LA B03 Premier
Oxnard United Soccer Club

The ussda is a combo u16/17 this season mostly 02's some teams that wanted to stay pure 03's are playing in CSL premier or that Discovery div u16 but who knows which of those will emerge?

The other smaller league boysecnl had the slammers team that was highly ranked but heard there was a coaching or some player changes?

Premier is decent except for 2 maybe 3 teams. Definitely Brea they're garbage.

Discovery, usual suspects don't really consider pay-to-play to be academy. Basically what they are SCDL Flight 1 teams privileged to play GSA, Galaxy, and LAUFA.

Slammers yes decent, just too bad no one there at ECNL to compete with or make them work.

USSDA players playing up the best of luck! - Simon Magus

Premier is decent except for 2 maybe 3 teams. Definitely Brea they're garbage.

Discovery, usual suspects don't really consider pay-to-play to be academy. Basically what they are SCDL Flight 1 teams privileged to play GSA, Galaxy, and LAUFA.

Slammers yes decent, just too bad no one there at ECNL to compete with or make them work.

USSDA players playing up the best of luck! - Simon Magus
Slammers definitely a strong team, but they had a couple close calls in ECNL. Obviously they had to “work” to get the W so I wouldn’t count anyone out as competition just yet.

Oxnard has been fairly consistent, but definitely not a super team. Exposed several times over the summer

Slammers definitely a strong team, but they had a couple close calls in ECNL. Obviously they had to “work” to get the W so I wouldn’t count anyone out as competition just yet.

Oxnard has been fairly consistent, but definitely not a super team. Exposed several times over the summer

Sad that Slammers ecnl do not push any of those boys to academy! The boat has sailed for some of those boys. They lost to LAFC B04...That should say more then enough between the level of training and competition between academy and ecnl(lmfao)!!!!

Sad that Slammers ecnl do not push any of those boys to academy! The boat has sailed for some of those boys. They lost to LAFC B04...That should say more then enough between the level of training and competition between academy and ecnl(lmfao)!!!!

When you consistently play a level of competition thats not tops, catch ups to teams eventually. Sitting on your laurels and counting the wins, but we won xx games and only lost x and not seeking out better comp in the long run doesn't help either.

Don't make too much of pre season scrimmages when players are moving around, LAFC might give a couple players a chance next year when they may need some 03's if Ussda keeps u16/17 combined for the 19-20 season.

The other thing is how well players do with change, when a different coach comes in or different players are on the team do the players and team adapt well or not? Sometimes the long time coach kind of holds things together but if there not there or leave the house of cards can fall apart.

We all know academy teams are the best!

What is the purpose for the Pre -Academy/ Academy-2 teams?

I ask parents why! They leave their teams to join these so-called Pre/ #2 teams a chance to move up to the real Academy team.

When will this happen? I see many boys in the same team for years and no promotions.

I wonder what keeps them there? The hope, wins, name, etc.

I ask parents why! They leave their teams to join these so-called Pre/ #2 teams a chance to move up to the real Academy team.

When will this happen? I see many boys in the same team for years and no promotions.

The amount of training days, coaching, player pool, player commitment, and resources available like trainers, medical staff, etc for real funded Academy teams usually is much greater vs normal club teams so that does help IMO.

Not sure what the draw is for the 2 or pre teams besides keeping a team together for the off year in the combined age groups u16/17, u18/19. These teams normally have some spots open up for the few youngers who play in the combos.

As far as who's best, all realtive beyond the top 3-4 academy funded teams there is a big drop off in Ussda.

From a players standpoint the training, coaching, amt of playing time and opportunies to play or get into some of the bigger comps is important to some. Being able to club pass and play up is normally greater for non acamedy teams so some can play more and get more experiences that can help development outside the ussda with there closed system & limited comps and fifa sub rules were 15 players at most will play that week.

There's pro/cons in each but don't let the name or title fool you there is much more to it, some players and parents are resistant to change more than they need to be, get out of the confort zone and ask you players what would allow them to enjoy the game more? Change or stay the same?

That's actually a good question. I noticed that if you were to rename academy 2, pre, or reserves to their respectable names to flight 2 or flight 3 parents would just leave. It's not about development to parents here they're oblivious to that evidently. It's about bragging rights, an illusion to speak about that their boys are being looked at and working the way up the ladder.

Back