The Ranch - Blues and United looking for a Home?

Soccer

SILVER ELITE
I got a text from a Buddy today. I guess as of December 1 Blues and United are looking for a new home. The Ranch can no longer be used for Soccer. Something to do with the train.

So where will the go? From what I understand there is no space in the OC as it is.

Will all other clubs get squeezed or will they be SOL?
Or will kids need to practice at 6 am or 9pm?

Lake Forest Sports Park is already pretty full.
San Juan Hills is pretty full.
Does anyone practice at Tesoro?
Vista Hermosa?
When do the new fields at Grear Park open?

Or will we wind up with a bidding war for field space and whoever owns the fields will be able to up their prices.

Hmmm....big chunk of undeveloped yet very valuable land there at the ranch in south orange county. A city or a church would never want to kick out a bunch of kids playing soccer - but get faceless a OCTA to essentially end the potential for any other use for the fields and soon enough developers will be circling. A well connected developer could certainly figure out a plan to get a change to the RR crossing to make it safe again - opening it up for development.

Curious how the visitors for church activities are safe to go across the RR tracks but soccer moms are in danger.

Follow the $.. Tax money for the city of SJC if the land is privately held and not by the church...

United still with no plan. 98s just forfeited FW regional games.
98s have too many injuries and HS issues.

UFC currently (today) training at Ranch until holiday break.

UFC is developing training venue in south OC. Will take 3 months for renovation of fields.

UFC will not be moving to Oceanside but may move FC Bayern Jr Cup there.

I heard a rumor that the Ranch decided to let Blues stay. Totally unfounded and without any back up (I dont even remember who I heard it from).

Timbuck that would be welcomed news. I am sure whatever is happening will be shared within the next couple of weeks with State Cup and practices restarting after the first of the year. Happy Holidays!

I heard a rumor that the Ranch decided to let Blues stay. Totally unfounded and without any back up (I dont even remember who I heard it from).
I heard Blues and United are back at the Ranch as their Home starting in January for practicing ONLY.

Back