Tell me about your BEST water bottle.

Sell me on your most leak-proof water bottle. The squeezy kind that a GK can keep next to the goal during games.

We’ve had two weeks in a row where the water bottle doesn’t survive the trip in the backpack from home to game and it leaked everywhere.

Sell me on your most leak-proof water bottle. The squeezy kind that a GK can keep next to the goal during games.

We’ve had two weeks in a row where the water bottle doesn’t survive the trip in the backpack from home to game and it leaked everywhere.
Don't you have a mesh water bottle holder on the outside of the bag? That doesn't help if it leaks from there, but at least the bottle isn't leaking all over the stuff in your bag.

Don't you have a mesh water bottle holder on the outside of the bag? That doesn't help if it leaks from there, but at least the bottle isn't leaking all over the stuff in your bag.

Usually we do that. His backpack has one mesh holder thing, and we’ve been sending him with 2 water bottles because he’s been playing two games (just during spring league), so one ends up in the backpack. This time the one in the mesh holder leaked—so outside the bag and not the end is the world but all that was left was ice. I was like, gaaaah this shouldn’t be this hard.

We just use the cheap Gatorade squirt bottles they have a Dick's. Often, they'll even have days where they give them away with a certain purchase price. Never really had any issues with them leaking.

Camelbak Podium. Lots of options as far as insulated types, colors, etc. More of a 2-handed operation to open the valve but can still be done easily with gloves on and won't leak even if you turn it upside down. It's more of a demand-valve type of bottle. You have to suck the water out. Or you can squeeze it out. This is especially important for GKs because they don't always remember to close the valve after taking a sip or re-wetting their gloves in the middle of a game when they toss the bottle back near the side of the goal. No worries about the bottle opening up or losing precious water especially on hot days. "NO LIP-TAKE A SIP" is written on two sides of my G03s bottle so her teammates know they can grab a quick swig if needed while that goal kick is being set up after a corner kick or any other dead ball play where they might have time to grab a drink. Not many partake but they know it's there if they need it.

Camelbak Podium. Lots of options as far as insulated types, colors, etc. More of a 2-handed operation to open the valve but can still be done easily with gloves on and won't leak even if you turn it upside down. It's more of a demand-valve type of bottle. You have to suck the water out. Or you can squeeze it out. This is especially important for GKs because they don't always remember to close the valve after taking a sip or re-wetting their gloves in the middle of a game when they toss the bottle back near the side

Thanks! I just ordered the Camelbak—that sounds perfect!

Hydroflask with a straw. It isn't squeezy, but why does it need to be? Just need a flip top that can be opened with gloves on, right? It does not leak and keeps water cold...

Hydroflask with a straw. It isn't squeezy, but why does it need to be? Just need a flip top that can be opened with gloves on, right? It does not leak and keeps water cold...

For some reason, he likes the squeeze one to have by the goal during games. I do need to get those hydro flask flip tops for our collection of sports-related crap.

Back