Surf Cup

Props to Surf for placing their team in a difficult flight. Not the norm.

I'm going with the Texans IF it's their A team

How did the Rangers look Buddha? Your boys should have a good shot at making the final, good luck.
They have a squad of strong, pretty big kids. They are tech as,well. The rain storm at begining muted their opportunities to run by us. They scored first, we didn't step to a trailer and he blasted one in to bottom left and I thought that was it, but a few minutes later one of our kids deeked their LB and hit a screamer just over top left, and the game was on. We were down 1-0 at half. Sun came out from half. We scored a few minutes into 2nd half, build up play, shot and then follow up. 1-1. They came back 5 minutes later and scored, defense lapse, screamer left bottom. Down 2-1 20 minutes to go. The Rangers player had gotten a yellow for rough play in first half, got a second yellow in 2nd half, and the red. We scored again from corner kick, our trailer finished it with a one touch from ball that bounced out. 2-2. They scored again 3-2 with 5 minutes left. We came back and scored with 2 minutes left. 3-3. We had more chances in the end, Full Time 3-3.They played well being down a man for 15 of second half.

PK's The Rangers shot first, blocked. We made our first, they made their second, we made our second (my kid), they made their third, we missed our third, we blocked their fourth, we made our fourth, they made their fifth, we made our fifth for 4-3 in PK's.

Had to be there. Most exciting soccer game I have ever watched.

They have a squad of strong, pretty big kids. They are tech as,well. The rain storm at begining muted their opportunities to run by us. They scored first, we didn't step to a trailer and he blasted one in to bottom left and I thought that was it, but a few minutes later one of our kids deeked their LB and hit a screamer just over top left, and the game was on. We were down 1-0 at half. Sun came out from half. We scored a few minutes into 2nd half, build up play, shot and then follow up. 1-1. They came back 5 minutes later and scored, defense lapse, screamer left bottom. Down 2-1 20 minutes to go. The Rangers player had gotten a yellow for rough play in first half, got a second yellow in 2nd half, and the red. We scored again from corner kick, our trailer finished it with a one touch from ball that bounced out. 2-2. They scored again 3-2 with 5 minutes left. We came back and scored with 2 minutes left. 3-3. We had more chances in the end, Full Time 3-3.They played well being down a man for 15 of second half.

PK's The Rangers shot first, blocked. We made our first, they made their second, we made our second (my kid), they made their third, we missed our third, we blocked their fourth, we made our fourth, they made their fifth, we made our fifth for 4-3 in PK's.

Had to be there. Most exciting soccer game I have ever watched.

Whoa, thanks for the run down!

This Red Star Central Valley Team played a wonderful final. Have a primo striker...size, skill and speed that dominated both the semifinal and final. But the entire team played very good soccer...great ball movement. Pats LA had a great first half but couldn't find the equalizer and went down to 10 men early in the second half (red card). Boys ran out of steam and the Red Star team just took over at that point. Weather was absolutely crazy this weekend.

How the heck did the Pats LA make it to the Finals? They sure weren't on any ones radar.
TBH, most of parents and kids themselves, thought we might be going home on Saturday vs Rangers. They are big, strong kids with skill. The Pats LA kids fought their butts off and won that game. Then we played a solid game and beat SD Surf Select. They did this without their leading scorer who got injured in second game. Not to mention the weather was awful, it was pouring rain in quarters and opartly semis.

How the heck did the Pats LA make it to the Finals? They sure weren't on any ones radar.
TBH, most of parents and kids themselves, thought we might be going home on Saturday vs Rangers. They are big, strong kids with skill. The Pats LA kids fought their butts off and won that game. Then we played a solid game and beat SD Surf Select. They did this without their leading scorer who got injured in second game. Not to mention the weather was awful, it was pouring rain in quarters and partly in semis. The team we faced in the final, Red Star from Central Valley was a great team. Credit to them as they had about 1 hour rest from beating a beast of a team Toluca from Mexico in extra time. Red Star has a top age group foward, Pats defended him pretty well. Down 1-0 at half. Pats had some decent shots blocked. Then Pats were down a man due to red card and another attacker got injured, and they could not counter.

Some great games out there. Would have been nice to see Godinez Black or Oxnard out there as they are top class CalSouth squads. Red Star was best team out there. Kudos to Pats LA on a great run. Saw the forward on day 1 and I'm sure Pats could have used him the rest of the way. Top notch player. Toluca and Red Star was a fabulous game. Pats kept final tight and the goalie in 2nd half for Red Star made a couple unreal saves. Red Star forward is a beast. Could have scored more if the 2 center backs didn't get in the way of some of his blasts. Once Red Star was up a man, the Pats team just couldn't pressure enough. Congrats to both teams for making the final. Red Star deserved the trophy based on their 3 days of play.

Back