Surf Cup 2019

I’m not too versed, but Slammers “TD” sounds like a newer name to me. Is that a coach change for a familiar team that went by a different name until recently?

Maybe Liverpool requested to play in a lower bracket in hopes of getting a trophy.

I don’t know if Luis is still your coach but we had tons of respect for LAGSB. The way they played and all of that.

This is a completely asinine comment. We have won Blues Cup, Legends Classic and many more prestigious tournaments over the last 3 years. The top teams have known when they play us it’s a football match. And we have done much better than most of the teams in the top flight.

Liverpool was jobbed. Straight up. We speculate as to why but it’s beyond ridiculous that we were placed in the 3rd flight. Ridiculous. Nothing else to say.

I don’t know if Luis is still your coach but we had tons of respect for LAGSB. The way they played and all of that.

This is a completely asinine comment. We have won Blues Cup, Legends Classic and many more prestigious tournaments over the last 3 years. The top teams have known when they play us it’s a football match. And we have done much better than most of the teams in the top flight.

Liverpool was jobbed. Straight up. We speculate as to why but it’s beyond ridiculous that we were placed in the 3rd flight. Ridiculous. Nothing else to say.
Sorry, comment was not meant to offend...just confused why they were placed so low given Liverpool's record over the past years and arguably the best SD team during that time. I know Beach LB was initially placed in the third flight but then they probably protested and was pushed back up to first. I agree that it's ridiculous if Liverpool was placed in 3rd flight if they requested top flight.

It seems the brackets are a little lopsided... is this normal for California tournaments

- Out of state Surf Cup participant

Go out and Run The Table! Smash teams and show the tournament directors they f’d Up!

That is the only revenge you can seek when you get jobbed by these events. Happens every year.

You would at least assume that teams that played State Cup in President division should not be placed in lower brackets than those that played Governor (not sure if any team played mayor).

Ok, it’s Surf Cup week so time for (wrong as always) predictions:
Best of Best:
Blues
White
Absolutely no clue (too many teams I know nothing about)
Black
Liverpool

Tourney starts in a few days. Excited to be traveling out for the tourney. Good luck to everyone, and I’m looking forward to experiencing some great matches.

Ok, it’s Surf Cup week so time for (wrong as always) predictions:
Best of Best:
Blues
White
Absolutely no clue (too many teams I know nothing about)
Black
Liverpool
Are you picking Blues FC from Norcal or So Cal Blues? I think Slammers will won the Best if the Best bracket.

Are you picking Blues FC from Norcal or So Cal Blues? I think Slammers will won the Best if the Best bracket.

Just leaving it as open as possible... :D

Nah, I was thinking Blues Mulligan. Slammers PA is without a doubt the top favorite but I am going for the upset. My track record however suggests that I have no more than 5% chance to be right...

Just leaving it as open as possible... :D

Nah, I was thinking Blues Mulligan. Slammers PA is without a doubt the top favorite but I am going for the upset. My track record however suggests that I have no more than 5% chance to be right...

Your picks in soccer much like your picks in Italian food, leave much to be desired.

Looks like the weather will be perfect in San Diego, looking forward to the tournament. I kind of wish there were quarterfinals too. With 16 teams they should let the top two teams from each group advance.

Looking forward to the weekend and seeing how the Out of state teams compare. It’ll be interesting to see how NTX competes with CALS on your home turf.

Back