Surf back in Presidio

Looks like the Surf are using their leverage to push two teams into each SDDA flight 1 seeding. Two teams each in the 2010, 2009, and 2008. Given, their first level teams are deserving, the second surf teams for 2009 and 2008 didn’t make it out of bracket play in the 2018 Governor’s cup! Does that say something regarding the quality of teams that played in SDDA flight 1 last year? What happen to the placing of 1st and 2nd place teams in flight 2 from last year moving up to flight 1 for this year? Will have to see if this trend occurs in the older flights.

View attachment 2715

View attachment 2714
You're being a big rough on them. The Surf 2009's just won Man City and will literally destroy every team in SD but Galaxy SD. Their second team will do just fine. Why don't you let a few games play out before you start crying?

Sorry to insult your intelligence and I don’t like to discriminate against low IQ people, but you missed the point of the post. The first level Surf teams are legit in most cases, but the Surf second level teams are at best Presidio material rather than flight 1 team. There are more deserving flight 2 teams than the second tier Surf teams for flight 1.

Let me break it down to your level.

Surf team one= Good

Surf team two= Bad

This link may help you in the future: https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/

Sorry to insult your intelligence and I don’t like to discriminate against low IQ people, but you missed the point of the post. The first level Surf teams are legit in most cases, but the Surf second level teams are at best Presidio material rather than flight 1 team. There are more deserving flight 2 teams than the second tier Surf teams for flight 1.

Let me break it down to your level.

Surf team one= Good

Surf team two= Bad

This link may help you in the future: https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/

Let me correct you a bit.

Surf team one - best in SDDA 1 by far
Surf team tw0 - not last in SDDA 1, guaranteed

How's that?

Before you give it a go, you should look at how few 2009 SDDA 1 teams even played State Cup last year, Presidents or Governors. Liverpool wasn't the worst team in SDDA 1 last year and also failed to get out of the first round in Governors. Express, Rebels 2nd team and a few others didn't play at all.

In addition, the best teams in Presidio's top division (there was no SDDA 2 for 2009's last year) were mainly 2010 A teams. So who do you think should fill the 09 spots?

I appreciate the reading help, but you might want to see if they've got on for logic too.

Ok, Mario

Again, no issue with the first teams, Surf first 2009 team is legit but will be challenged by Albion South that has reloaded which they narrowly beat in president’s cup by one goal, Rebels with your former prodigy, and Atlante SD Barcelona.

Second tier Surf 2008 team successes against SDDA flight one teams: Surf 2008 2nd team in Albion showcase lost to SDSC Orange 9-0. It will be like that for them all season in the SDDA 2008 flight 1, they may not even score a goal all season!

Face the facts, the Surf 2nd teams do not deserve flight 1 status and is only the result of the club’s treachery!

Ok, Mario

Again, no issue with the first teams, Surf first 2009 team is legit but will be challenged by Albion South that has reloaded which they narrowly beat in president’s cup by one goal, Rebels with your former prodigy, and Atlante SD Barcelona.

Second tier Surf 2008 team successes against SDDA flight one teams: Surf 2008 2nd team in Albion showcase lost to SDSC Orange 9-0. It will be like that for them all season in the SDDA 2008 flight 1, they may not even score a goal all season!

Face the facts, the Surf 2nd teams do not deserve flight 1 status and is only the result of the club’s treachery!

I'm talking 2009.

And no, Rebels wasn't even the 4th best team in SDDA last year, and that's true even after their new addition (who's on what, his 4th team in 2 years?) came on board. They couldn't touch Albion, Albion South (your star's former team) or Galaxy SD at the end of the year. I'd also point out that the kid you mention was fairly benign against real competition last year, regardless of which team he was on. While he's a great player, he wasn't even the most effective player on Albion South and they weren't any worse for the wear after he left.

I'll ask the question again though. If Rebels had 2 teams in SDDA 1 last year at 2009, why not surf? Who else should be there? I'm down to consider specific teams, but like I said, the best Presidio teams were 2010 A teams playing an age up so there's not really even a pool to choose from. To be honest, Galaxy SD could (and probably should) easily have 2 teams in SDDA 1 as well. Maybe Sharks? Maybe SDSC's top team? Who else?

Last edited:
Mario, Let’s stay focused here! Try to stay focused!

You keep harping on the 2009 but the bigger issue here is tier 2 Surf teams in flight 1 based on club leverage rather than a skill set. We will just have to see how it all plays out, Surf 2nd teams getting hammered in league play and a wasted game for flights 1 teams.

Where did you find that link? I only see 2017 info on the Presidio & websites ... also doesn't it seem odd that SDDA 2009 boys only have 8 teams/1 flight, but SDDA 2010 boys have 14 teams?

Ok, Mario

Triggered a bit?? This is gonna be a fun year. So many salty parents...

upload_2018-6-3_8-43-26.png

So Surf comes back and gets to put 2 teams in each top flight of Presidio/SDDA? My observation is that each announce bracket is composed of 2 teams of Surf, Albion, Carlsbad and Rebels, plus fillers from here and there.

Whatever happened to Sharks, Hotspurs, CVFC, Nomads, Poway, etc. not having top teams in the Ulittles?

Mario, Let’s stay focused here! Try to stay focused!

You keep harping on the 2009 but the bigger issue here is tier 2 Surf teams in flight 1 based on club leverage rather than a skill set. We will just have to see how it all plays out, Surf 2nd teams getting hammered in league play and a wasted game for flights 1 teams.

Lulz. If you want to tag me as a Surf coach, go with Keith, the guy who coaches the 2009's (last year too). Mario only coached a handful of the kids on that team now (and the best kid came from LAGSD).

Surf with 2 teams next year will be fine. If the second team gets exposed, I'm guessing they'll not have the same opportunity the next year.

So Surf comes back and gets to put 2 teams in each top flight of Presidio/SDDA? My observation is that each announce bracket is composed of 2 teams of Surf, Albion, Carlsbad and Rebels, plus fillers from here and there.

Whatever happened to Sharks, Hotspurs, CVFC, Nomads, Poway, etc. not having top teams in the Ulittles?

There was a time when Surf teams made up 6-7 of the 10 teams in the top G18 flight. That was also when Surf only had 2 teams at each age level. At least there are only two Surf teams in those younger brackets now.

Back